T Nation

What Would You Change About Bodybuilding?

If you could change one thing about Bodybuilding (pro level for arguments sake) then what would it be?

Ban synthol

Bring back the posing trunks that Arnold wore.

Make them compete at 8-12% BF.

[quote]forbes wrote:
Ban synthol[/quote]

No one I’d classify as a synthol abuser is winning any shows, I don’t get why it gets such a bad rep.

[quote]kakno wrote:
Make them compete at 8-12% BF. [/quote]

I like seeing how lean these guys get, but I wouldn’t hold such a strict standard on dryness.

Sorry about arguing everyone else’s points - just giving my point of view, lol.

[quote]kakno wrote:
Make them compete at 8-12% BF. [/quote]

I’d like to see this for natural shows, a lot of the natural guys lose too much muscle in the last few weeks trying to get totally shredded, which i feel is unnecassery since they usually look better 4-6 weeks out.

For the olympia though I don’t think higher bf’s would look better at all.

I agree with the posing trunks idea also, it would be much less homoerotic if they weren’t wearing thongs.

i’ve never been to a show, but is it true pros charge money for autographs/getting their picture taken?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Bring back the posing trunks that Arnold wore.[/quote]

Amen. Kinda apposed to wearing butt floss myself…

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

i agree

Make it politically correct to show the Mr. O on regular television rather than have to stream it on my computer.

[quote]forbes wrote:
Ban synthol[/quote]

Synthol is banned. And no one using it to “replace” muscle is winning big shows. Guys using it intelligently will and should never be discovered.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I totally agree.

BAN STEROIDZZ!

okay Serialy, change the judges round every year cause the same judges judge the same shows year after year, they need to move them around the different countries.

they should also give Melvin Anthony the Mr. O!

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
looks like the winner, should give em a quick wash first though, before bringing them back

If any one has read arnold’s bb encyclopedia he actually writes about trunk selection…

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

I’ve been thinking the same thing for years.

Bring a strength component back into it. That would prevent the competitors from being so lean that it is a health risk.

The HGH/Slin gut. Seriously, while I do sometimes appreciate the sheer fucking mass on some monsters, I find myself looking to the older days when bodybuilding wasn’t just about mass.

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
The HGH/Slin gut. Seriously, while I do sometimes appreciate the sheer fucking mass on some monsters, I find myself looking to the older days when bodybuilding wasn’t just about mass.[/quote]

Pics of this gut in 2009-2010.

We’ll wait.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
The HGH/Slin gut. Seriously, while I do sometimes appreciate the sheer fucking mass on some monsters, I find myself looking to the older days when bodybuilding wasn’t just about mass.[/quote]

Pics of this gut in 2009-2010.

We’ll wait. [/quote]

Of people winning competitions or just of anyone competing? Ruhl still has one, Kai is getting one also.

That being said, I don’t get what all the hysteria is with the “GH gut”. Most of the guys with any sign of this are usually big enough to still have a wicked V taper and still look incredible. Look at Ronnie’s 42" waist compared with his back (which is one of the biggest of all time) and tell me he doesn’t still have an incredible taper.