T Nation

What Would Be a Good Routine?

I've been doing Starting Strength for a while now and now and again throw in a few isolation exercises. But now I want something new, Starting Strength is fine but I just don't know how to mix it up with other things. I know my arms get passive work etc but I want to directly hit the passive parts too.

So basically I want an actual full body workout to increase strength and size. I'm able to work out on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I want to be strong, particularly in the main lifts (Squat, Benchpress, Deadlift etc.) but yet I do want to get some fair decent size too.

Go here: http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/38-articles/65-westside-for-skinny-bastards-part3.html ; if you’re not interested in athletic performance, skip the Dynamic-Effort Lower Body day.

Eat big, lift heavy, rest hard!

Question: How long did you do SS? Define “a while” for us please. How far did you get? Were you at the point where you were stuck or do you just want to change for change’s sake? Were you not adding size while on SS? Were you eating enough? I can’t see anyone who is a relative newcomer doing SS and not growing. Unless they don’t eat or give it up too early. That said, the link fabiop provided will, if nothing else, satisfy your desire for a change. WS4SB is one of those staple programs we all should try at some point.

[quote]Bamma wrote:
I can’t see anyone who is a relative newcomer doing SS and not growing. [/quote]

This.

A friend of mine returned to the gym after a long layoff ( quite a few months), and has been making big leaps in size and strength, using SS.

Also, I have my girlfriend doing SS, and it even works for her. Good program.

Starting strength is probably still what is best for you, but if you are just getting a bit bored, add some additional stuff in to fill your curiousity.