What Women Consider Bulky

yeah, jessica is bulky…

but even more important is JT is stealing our women…JT has like negative test levels…JT is a nice guy and all, but he is no DP…

He’s busting chops today, you can ask anybody

[quote]JPCleary wrote:
we have to remember that we, as a physical training-minded community, are a very small percentage of the population. I know that my opinion of too bulky has changed since finding TN and FA. I was always into fit chicks, but now find my tastes prefer a woman with a bit more muscle than what I used to think was ideal.
[/quote]

X2
My perception on what both male and female physiques has changed since I started to frequent this site

And what woman wouldn’t like to look like Jessicas Biel? IMO that’s like asking what guy wouldn’t like to look like Arnold.

[quote]AlisaV wrote:

The “exercise won’t make you bulky” party line isn’t exactly true. If you don’t want legs any bigger than Gwyneth Paltrow’s, then yes, squatting heavy will make you bigger than you want to be. What you need is endless cardio and no food, which is exactly what many of the girls around me do.
[/quote]

This is so true. Before a few years ago my goal was that prepubescent look that only anorexia can achieve. The transition was when I saw T2 in maybe 2005. Linda Hamilton was absolutely words-can’t-describe jaw-dropping to me.

So true…

[quote]D Public wrote:
yeah, jessica is bulky…

but even more important is JT is stealing our women…JT has like negative test levels…JT is a nice guy and all, but he is no DP…

[/quote]

[quote]Youch wrote:
It just amazes me what these women consider to be bulky.

More would rather be too fat than too muscular! Where did this ridiculous notion come from?

I guess I’d better start prescribing 4 hours of endurance training along with a 500 calorie/day diet for my female clients then.

Chris[/quote]

Think about that though…women don’t base how they look on what they even want. They base how they look on what they THINK men want…and most men are weak little pussies lately who would have trouble carrying in their own groceries. Therefore, why would a guy who likely doesn’t even exercise much want a girl who puts him to shame like Jessica Biel?

Men are the reason women think being fat is better than being built like her. Most men would rather pork a porker simply because they are easy to get and it means the guy won’t feel self conscious.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I love when a woman is toned, but then you have her usually fat friends saying how she’s all “manish” so that they can feel better about themselves. Don’t even get me started -lol.

S
[/quote]

That’s quite a nose you’ve got there Mighty Stu.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Think about that though…women don’t base how they look on what they even want. They base how they look on what they THINK men want…and most men are weak little pussies lately who would have trouble carrying in their own groceries. Therefore, why would a guy who likely doesn’t even exercise much want a girl who puts him to shame like Jessica Biel?

Men are the reason women think being fat is better than being built like her. Most men would rather pork a porker simply because they are easy to get and it means the guy won’t feel self conscious.

[/quote]
Hi Prof,
I really do think about these things; it’s my career! I was amazed at how out of touch I am; obviously I realise that muscle is a dirty word to women, but reading that I was amazed.

It’s interesting what you say about guys; when I was a teen it was really cool to be big and strong, OK, that was 25 years ago. Now it seems that so long as they have abs muscle mass doesn’t matter.

I feel quite sad about that; I won’t lose any sleep but it does sadden me.

Cheers,
Chris

[/quote]

Don’t forget about the straight up competition factor between girls. Even if you’re too thin, likely your other girls will still be jealous. It can be a status thing.

lol ask any chic who used to be fat/chunky whatever what they thought of a physique like Jessica Biel’s. Put money on it most will say at first they thought she was “bulky”. Yet once they went through a body composition or two from fat to skinny to a bit muscular.

Most will say they were wrong in labeling it as “bulky” and that they felt a lot better carrying a little more muscle versus being “thin”.

People have real misconceived perceptions of what “bulky” truly is. It’s like the athletic body has turned bulky. So what the fuck do you call a woman bodybuilder in the off season. Ultra extreme bulky? Next thing you know. A “normal” womans body will be bulky and all we will have is 200lb+ fat woman roaming around. Oh wait…

[quote]sluicy wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Don’t forget about the straight up competition factor between girls. Even if you’re too thin, likely your other girls will still be jealous. It can be a status thing. [/quote]

This is why I could never be a woman, that whole catty bullshit. Women will look over other women and find anything to use to chop them down, “who does that bitch think she is wearing shoes like that.”

[quote]Youch wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Hi Prof,
I really do think about these things; it’s my career! I was amazed at how out of touch I am; obviously I realise that muscle is a dirty word to women, but reading that I was amazed.

It’s interesting what you say about guys; when I was a teen it was really cool to be big and strong, OK, that was 25 years ago. Now it seems that so long as they have abs muscle mass doesn’t matter.

I feel quite sad about that; I won’t lose any sleep but it does sadden me.

Cheers,
Chris
[/quote]

It still is cool to be big. I know the responses I get confirm that. I think it also depends on where you live and even ethnicity.

However, most women are not avoiding guys with muscle, they are avoiding a stereotype…mainly that all really big guys have been labeled negatively in the media for a host of reasons from “stupidity” to “vanity” to “drug dealers”. Also, I think you underestimate how little self esteem most women seem to have. The average woman doesn’t avoid that guy who looks like a cover model because they aren’t attracted to him. They avoid him because they don’t think like men. They will evaluate a potential mate more based on how they will look with him than how he looks. They rate how their friends will react and how they will appear as a couple in public more than they rate their own level of attraction…unless you get some drinks in them first.

If the average male was someone who weighed 200lbs with less than 10% body fat, then women would act accordingly. If you haven’t looked around lately, the numbers of men who actually have big muscles and take care of their physical form has fallen to the point that going for that ideal rules out the majority.

For the record, these discussions fascinate me. I am not looking for average…so what “average” wants is irrelevant to me.

I also know how some of these same women react when they find out you have a decent job as well as lift seriously. It is like wires get crossed and they go into shock from the realization that the stereotypes don’t apply.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
Just bustin’ your chops dude…[/quote]

Yeah sorry, I was a bit on edge this morning… :slight_smile:

You know, Prof, that’s true… I’ve known a few women who go for the best-looking guy, but most (including me) don’t. We go by prudence. If I see a guy built like a muscular athlete, he almost doesn’t register as somebody to strike up a conversation with, or flirt with; he’s kind of a strange, remarkable abstraction. We’re very good at internalizing caution – if someone looks like he’s out of our league, or like he probably plays the field a lot, we avoid him. I think men see a pretty girl and think “I WANT,” and maybe even act on it. But I would see a big guy and think “Not in real life.” There’s no chink in his armor. It’s even more true with handsome faces – I instinctively ignore handsome guys. (Maybe that’s just me, but it also seems to be true of my friends’ relationship choices.)

Youch wrote:

[/quote]

I think that you are wrong. I think that women base how they look on what other women think that looks good.

Whatever, I have been told I’m too muscular or bulky I guess… I really don’t care. I also have been complimented by complete strangers. Just this weekend I was told I have goddess calves and that my legs should be on a Greek statue. (the guy was a bit looped, but no matter).

Personally, I do this simply because it is fun, and I don’t think any of us here do this for other people anyway.

[quote]AlisaV wrote:
You know, Prof, that’s true… I’ve known a few women who go for the best-looking guy, but most (including me) don’t. We go by prudence. If I see a guy built like a muscular athlete, he almost doesn’t register as somebody to strike up a conversation with, or flirt with; he’s kind of a strange, remarkable abstraction. We’re very good at internalizing caution – if someone looks like he’s out of our league, or like he probably plays the field a lot, we avoid him. I think men see a pretty girl and think “I WANT,” and maybe even act on it. But I would see a big guy and think “Not in real life.” There’s no chink in his armor. It’s even more true with handsome faces – I instinctively ignore handsome guys. (Maybe that’s just me, but it also seems to be true of my friends’ relationship choices.)[/quote]

Hence the website http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com

Does this change if the said muscular attractive man actually approaches you? Or do you then still have this feeling or not considering him as an option?

i will like the not bulky woman, plz

that’s funny you girls say this

b/c i have a friend who gets girls to throw themselves at him. a dif girl would leave him a number almost every night. but we think he’s gay cause he never banged one of them. i told him that next time one of them wants to come over he should just leave and i’ll be there.

but at the same time he’s kinda cool cause he just fucks with girls heads. like he leads them on that he likes them etc and will call to set something up and then just totally blow them off which is great because girls love to do that shit to the typical guy.

so yea, girls will always like guys that look good idc what 2 people on a msg board have to say. if chicks liked average looking guys i would be knee deep in poon by now.

Those douchebags are horrible.

If he approached me? Hmm. It’s never happened with that type of guy, or if it has I’ve never picked up on it. If I were single and looking, and he weren’t too sleazy personality-wise, then I probably would think it was a marvelous surprise.

It’s funny. I have this one friend who’s kind of a “Samantha” type (no, I don’t watch Sex in the City either, but you know what I mean) and she’ll be all “Oh, look at him, he looks like a Greek god. Hawt.” And I’ll think, “Wow, I never even paid attention to him. I just assumed he’d be a douchebag BECAUSE he looks like a Greek god.” Of course this isn’t true and many of the fine folks on T-Nation are proof of that.

Youch wrote:
It just amazes me what these women consider to be bulky.

More would rather be too fat than too muscular! Where did this ridiculous notion come from?

I guess I’d better start prescribing 4 hours of endurance training along with a 500 calorie/day diet for my female clients then.

Chris

[/quote]

I know plenty of girls who are put down by their overweight/skinny/idiot boyfriends because the guys they are in relationships with are insecure and don’t want their girlfriends being better than them (and possibly leaving them).

BTW:

[quote]AlisaV wrote:

It’s funny. I have this one friend who’s kind of a “Samantha” type (no, I don’t watch Sex in the City either, but you know what I mean)[/quote]

Who? Sex in the what? Butt?