What Will People Think of Us 40 Yrs From Now?

The other day I was reading Shugart’s hammer, and he compared how we view physicians advising smoking in the 1950’s to how people 40 years from now will likely view our food manufacturing processes and what we consider to be “healthy”.

That post is here:

This got me thinking. What else?

My Thoughts:

Just like interracial marriage was considered wrong and is now generally accepted, gay marriage is still considered wrong by many but will eventually reach the same level of acceptance.

what else will people think of us 40 years from now?

who knows, however I think we’re all idiots now.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

As food - I will be Soylent Green in 40 years.

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

As food - I will be Soylent Green in 40 years.

DB[/quote]

You’re a lawyer???

Buttsecks would be outlawed.

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:
Buttsecks would be outlawed.[/quote]

they already tried that 40 years ago … what makes you think it’ll be outlawed again?

If I can’t have buttsecks as a 68 y/o man, I will open a vein.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Just like interracial marriage was considered wrong and is now generally accepted, gay marriage is still considered wrong by many but will eventually reach the same level of acceptance.

[/quote]

In 40 years, gay marriage will be generally accepted; but robot / human relations will be frowned upon by all but the youth and ‘progressive-thinkers’, or as we call them, tin-fuckers.

i think that the big revelation will be how bad cell phones are for us.

much like people 50 years old tell stories about playing with mercury in their science classes and now its a hazmat issue, we will be saying ‘remember we used to use cell phones all the time for everything’.

there was a GQ article a few months back that was highlighting the dangers of it, and the US generally tends to avoid summits on the issue. There are wall street brokers from the 90’s with cell phone shaped tumors on their dominant phone ears from when the phones were really bad for you.

you heard it here first.

They took mah job!

[quote]clockworkchad wrote:

much like people 50 years old tell stories about playing with mercury in their science classes and now its a hazmat issue, we will be saying ‘remember we used to use cell phones all the time for everything’.

there was a GQ article a few months back that was highlighting the dangers of it, and the US generally tends to avoid summits on the issue. There are wall street brokers from the 90’s with cell phone shaped tumors on their dominant phone ears from when the phones were really bad for you.

you heard it here first.[/quote]

Can I quote you when my Fiance gets mad when I don’t call?

“Everyone didn’t work for the government back then?”

[quote]silverhydra wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

In 40 years, gay marriage will be generally accepted; but robot / human relations will be frowned upon by all but the youth and ‘progressive-thinkers’, or as we call them, tin-fuckers.[/quote]

As funny as this may be, they are already producing sex dolls in Japan. At some point, be it 10, 40 or 100 years from now, they will be able to make them realistic enough that they will become mainstream. That will be a weird, weird day…

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

In 40 years, gay marriage will be generally accepted; but robot / human relations will be frowned upon by all but the youth and ‘progressive-thinkers’, or as we call them, tin-fuckers.[/quote]

As funny as this may be, they are already producing sex dolls in Japan. At some point, be it 10, 40 or 100 years from now, they will be able to make them realistic enough that they will become mainstream. That will be a weird, weird day…
[/quote]

I was going to do a search to find a picture I saw of one a while ago that had facial expressions (creepy as hell), but putting ‘electronic sex doll’ into google is NOT a good idea.

Putting ‘Japan’ at the end of the search made no difference either…

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was going to do a search to find a picture I saw of one a while ago that had facial expressions (creepy as hell), but putting ‘electronic sex doll’ into google is NOT a good idea.

Putting ‘Japan’ at the end of the search made no difference either…
[/quote]

Really? I’d have just figured they were more anime-looking, and most likely pooping on top of a glass table…

[quote]dk44 wrote:
“Everyone didn’t work for the government back then?”[/quote]

Seldom do I disagree with you Goatman, and that’s about as true as anything that’s ever been said here. Going back to the U.S. avoiding cell phone danger summits above, it’s most likely a crude form of population control.

New World Motherfuckers…

KUBO

[quote]clockworkchad wrote:

you heard it here first.[/quote]

You know, I know they had MUCH higher radiation levels back then, but people didnt USE them anywhere near as much (Whereas now it might as well be a sixth finger we just permanently attach on) so that has to about even out.

Population control. Once enough keel over dead of brain tumors, we will still use them just as much during the future, but a new magical ‘safe’ version with NO radiation (that I’m sure they already have now.) Kinda like the mercury/safe thermometers now.

I hate cell phones. I, at 28, have never owned ne, and refuse to, no matter how behind the times it makes me look. Fuck conformity.

And tumors.

KUBO

bruh…sentient plasmoids r hawt

[quote]dk44 wrote:
“Everyone didn’t work for the government back then?”[/quote]

x2

Well played sir

Gay people were once okay in the roman empire. So it’s not impossible that they will be again, just not after 40 years, but more I guess. What would future people think about us now? Dunno, but in one thing I’m sure - men after 40 years would be helluva pussies. Just look at the T levels decline over the past years. How do you think men would look like after them 40 years? I bet women are gonna take over the world. Damn, is gonna be one scary place I don’t wanna live in, nor my kids.