T Nation

What We've All Been Waiting For

The Thinker is doing a book on MMA strength and conditioning:
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/tomyreaders.htm

Oh, and Victory Belt is publishing it!

I’m 99.999999% sure this will be the best work on the subject.

now its one thing if the thinker is doing it…

of course great material.

but not only the quality of victory belt books, but their history of blowing me away with content.

yea this is going to be crazy good.

i mean we’re talking about the guys that have a rickson book and a fedor book in the works… come on now.

Interesting.

Was this ever published?

Yes I have been waiting on the thinker for a while…
kmc

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
Yes I have been waiting on the thinker for a while…
kmc[/quote]

Yes it was published
?

It’s only been five months since the announcement. Why do you think the book would be finished yet alone published?

Anyone can write an E-Manual or crappy book. A serious book takes a long time to write.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
It’s only been five months since the announcement. Why do you think the book would be finished yet alone published?

Anyone can write an E-Manual or crappy book. A serious book takes a long time to write. [/quote]

Because I’m not a writer and have no patience?

It’s college football season, as well, I think James is a bit busy.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
now its one thing if the thinker is doing it…

of course great material.

but not only the quality of victory belt books, but their history of blowing me away with content.

yea this is going to be crazy good.

i mean we’re talking about the guys that have a rickson book and a fedor book in the works… come on now.[/quote]

Xen,

I bought the Fedor book (sorry to hijack a bit) and it was pretty good. Good clinch work, naturally. I never heard about a Rickson book…any more info on that??

Dunno whats up with that just know that they were going down to brazil to talk to him about it and had it solidified. Who knows if it fell through but I’m pretty sure that’s coming.

Fedor book was good, much better if you pair it with the dvd of a seminar he gave.

Hopefully it’ll be better than Rooney’s book, which was largely disappointing.

For those that bought it, it must’ve also been disheartening to see his anearobic conditioning program re-printed in Men’s Fitness a couple of months ago.

^that’s actually kind of insulting.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
^that’s actually kind of insulting.[/quote]

Are you referring to my post in general, or the point I make about the conditioning program reprinted in a mag?

Referring to the reprint. Not a knock on rooney he knows his shit. This is just how i see it in my head:

Slick marketing, low on hyperbole but still kind of xyience-y… “badass new book, take you to the next level, blah blah, conditioning blah blah, gas tank, blah blah”… you get the book, or even better you have so much faith in his knowledge you pre-order it… “cool great stuff” … next month 3/4 of the book’s content is a feature article somewhere.

At the very least it’s a bad business idea, next time you write a book, your original customer base that probably made it sell so much in the first place isn’t going to buy it cause they’re just waiting for the article.