What Were Your Growth Spurts Like?

[quote]sen say wrote:
7.1 inches (yes, yes the .1 has been verified by myself, my wife a prior girlfriend and my wife’s current girlfriend) [/quote]

I don’t doubt the validity of the .1
It’s just that you accidentally typed 7 instead of 5
:stuck_out_tongue:

When I entered freshman year of high school (14 years old) I was 4’8" and 88 pounds. By graduation (17 years old) I was my current height of 5’10. It was a slow gradual growth, so I didn’t have much pain or clumsiness

[quote]Ready2Learn wrote:

[/quote]

Please delete the " :stuck_out_tongue: " from your post…makes you look ghey AND me by association.

Also, change the 5 to a 3 and you will have a funny, non-ghey post on your hands.

I was short through middle school and most of high school.

I didn’t start really getting taller til I was about done with high school(age 17), I was probably about 5’9 and finally finished around 20 at 6’4.

Reached my adult height of 6’4 at the age of 16 or 17. I can vividly remember having what I thought was a growth spurt, in the middle of the day, and all I could do to alleviate the terrible pain in my whole body was to lay perfectly still on the ground. It was probably just indigestion though.

[quote]sen say wrote:
Ready2Learn wrote:

Please delete the " :stuck_out_tongue: " from your post…makes you look ghey AND me by association.

Also, change the 5 to a 3 and you will have a funny, non-ghey post on your hands.[/quote]

Well, he is ready to learn…

“Most variable stature At the age of 21 in 1920, Adam Rainer (Austria) measured 3 ft. 10.5 in. (1.18 m). He then had a rapid growth spurt and by 1931 had reached 7 ft. 1.75 in. (2.18 m). As a result, he became so weak that he was bedridden for the rest of his life. When he died in 1950, he measured 7 ft. 8 in. (2.34 m). He remains the only person to have been both a dwarf and a giant.”

This is from the guinness book of world records…read some of the records on this page its pretty crazy.

http://www.powells.com/biblio?show=0553587129&page=excerpt

[quote]golferguy12 wrote:
“Most variable stature At the age of 21 in 1920, Adam Rainer (Austria) measured 3 ft. 10.5 in. (1.18 m). He then had a rapid growth spurt and by 1931 had reached 7 ft. 1.75 in. (2.18 m). As a result, he became so weak that he was bedridden for the rest of his life. When he died in 1950, he measured 7 ft. 8 in. (2.34 m). He remains the only person to have been both a dwarf and a giant.”

This is from the guinness book of world records…read some of the records on this page its pretty crazy.

Powell’s Books | The World’s Largest Independent Bookstore [/quote]

damn that sucks but man that must have been crazy 11 year growth spurt

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
I was short through middle school and most of high school.

I didn’t start really getting taller til I was about done with high school(age 17), I was probably about 5’9 and finally finished around 20 at 6’4.[/quote]

Wow, that’s a hell of a growth spurt.
Thanks.

[quote]sen say wrote:
Ready2Learn wrote:

Also, change the 5 to a 3 and you will have a funny, non-ghey post on your hands.[/quote]

Sorry, i will try and match the hilarity of your original post next time and also read up on the latest cool internet terms like ‘ghey’.
You have the advantage of more time spent on internet forums though, so forgive me this once.

Also thanks for your constructive input into this thread.

Sorry, i will try and match the hilarity of your original post next time and also read up on the latest cool internet terms like ‘ghey’.
You have the advantage of more time spent on internet forums though, so forgive me this once.

Also thanks for your constructive input into this thread.[/quote]

Ha ! Now THAT was funny.

I grew 9 inches in 2 years when I was 17-19.

I don’t know if it is normal or not but I am 50 and my feet are still growing. I have not grown
since my late 20’s but have not shrunk either

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I grew 9 inches in 2 years when I was 17-19.[/quote]

Jeez!
I’m glad i asked now. It seems like there is plenty of potential growth left in the body around the 18 age range.

Did you get stretch marks?

LankyMofo wrote:
I grew 9 inches in 2 years when I was 17-19.

Jeez!
I’m glad i asked now. It seems like there is plenty of potential growth left in the body around the 18 age range.

Did you get stretch marks?

[/quote]

Age range is different for most people. I’m assuming you’re interested because you’re hoping for an extra inch or two.

Some people’s long-bones which account for most height increase lock by 16-17, others, from early to late 20’s. For me it was around 18 I think, haven’t grown an inch in three years and don’t really expect to anymore.

My buddy was about 5’10 at the end of our freshman year, and when we came back after the summer he was 6’6 and lost the ability to do multiple tasks. The only thing I remember during his growth spurt was he lost the ability to hit a baseball and quit playing after he went hitless for an entire season.

I joined the army at 6’5 and about 1.5 years later was barely 6’4. I chalk it up to about 10 jumps and Ranger school… Guess it was worth an inch though.

[quote]deadleg wrote:
My buddy was about 5’10 at the end of our freshman year, and when we came back after the summer he was 6’6 and lost the ability to do multiple tasks. The only thing I remember during his growth spurt was he lost the ability to hit a baseball and quit playing after he went hitless for an entire season.

I joined the army at 6’5 and about 1.5 years later was barely 6’4. I chalk it up to about 10 jumps and Ranger school… Guess it was worth an inch though.[/quote]

The inch could possible be due to the difference between morning height and afternoon height. Either way, when you’re that tall it doesn’t really matter!
Thanks for the input.

This article is really interesting! I really need to grow 4 inches, and i thought i was done growing at 14! Hopefully ill get to 6’

Did you mean to post a link to an article?

Or were you just referring to this thread?

Did you mean to post a link to an article?

Or were you just referring to this thread?

[/quote]

Whoops, yea i mean this thread. Its really interesting, because i was worried i will stop growing. Im 14, and I have this weird family expection of 6’ yet im 5’8". After reading this and finding out people are growing till their 20s, it gives a bit off hope.