What Type of Elbow Sleeves Do You Use?

[quote]howie424 wrote:
Lol I know I know that is my mindset. BUT, until that time comes I need sleeves to get me through.[/quote]

Elbows bothering you that much?

(I know I’m the guy saying don’t wait until you’re injured, but still)

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

[quote]howie424 wrote:
Lol I know I know that is my mindset. BUT, until that time comes I need sleeves to get me through.[/quote]

[/quote]

It’s really off and on. Depends on what I did at work, in the gym, etc etc. I also kind of do this nervous thing with my hands that kind of activates it but that only happens if I’m really anxious or stressed out. But it’s definitely something that’s there. I think with something tight and warm around my elbows a few times a week it could probably take care of it. Also ordered some Flameout.

[quote]plateau wrote:
rehbrands as they can be washed! My TK ones used to make my eyes water…[/quote]

You can wash them per hand… Just lukewarm water and occasionally mild soap… I wash mine after every use, normally.

Hell, it even says so on the instructions that come with the sleeves :wink:

[/quote]

I’m too lazy to do them by hand, the rehbrands go in the washing machine on a sunday!

[quote]plateau wrote:

[quote]plateau wrote:

You can wash them per hand… Just lukewarm water and occasionally mild soap… I wash mine after every use, normally.

[/quote]

I’m too lazy to do them by hand, the rehbrands go in the washing machine on a sunday![/quote]

Washing the other ones per hand takes about as much time and energy as putting the rehbands into a washing machine, you lazy bum.

How’s your training going?

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[/quote]

It’s really off and on. Depends on what I did at work, in the gym, etc etc. I also kind of do this nervous thing with my hands that kind of activates it but that only happens if I’m really anxious or stressed out. But it’s definitely something that’s there. I think with something tight and warm around my elbows a few times a week it could probably take care of it. Also ordered some Flameout.[/quote]

Hmmmmm, what part bothers you, specifically? Or is it a dull all-around pain?

Well if they hurt right now I could specifically tell you lol. But I guess if I could say, its probably where my forearm hits the elbow.

[quote]plateau wrote:

[quote]plateau wrote:

[/quote]

I’m too lazy to do them by hand, the rehbrands go in the washing machine on a sunday![/quote]

Washing the other ones per hand takes about as much time and energy as putting the rehbands into a washing machine, you lazy bum.

[/quote]

Not done DC for a while, had niggles in both elbows, one shoulder and wrist… So I was getting quite beat up - and started getting regular soft tissue work done which has been a godsend.
Been doing 531 for BP, MP and sumo - then rotating assistance stuff in a higher rep range.

Stronger, fitter more mobile - but arms are still to small, quads have improved (surprisingly well) with getting mobile enought to deadlift but still need much improvement

How is yours going? Good to see you posting again.

[quote]plateau wrote:

[quote]plateau wrote:

[quote]plateau wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not done DC for a while, had niggles in both elbows, one shoulder and wrist…
[/quote]
best Jet impression: “Tell me some more…”

[quote]
So I was getting quite beat up - and started getting regular soft tissue work done which has been a godsend.
Been doing 531 for BP, MP and sumo - then rotating assistance stuff in a higher rep range.

Stronger, fitter more mobile - but arms are still to small, quads have improved (surprisingly well) with getting mobile enought to deadlift but still need much improvement

How is yours going? Good to see you posting again.[/quote]

I’ve had to alter my training, but finally found something that seems to work well without me getting beat up…

“Jet impression” - is this some German thing I’m too English to understand?!

Essentially climbers elbow in both elbows! Which meant any bicep/back workout was nigh on impossible…
Shoulder impingment in the shoulder, this shoulder has always been a bit more internally rotated. Mouse at work, 10 years of thrice weekly badminton, crap posture, general suckage!
Wrist same side as dodgy shoulder so add dody elbow seemed likely to be referred pain according to the mean woman assaulting my body. But I do bi-annually seem to get sprained wrists anyway, they are small and girly and perhaps the right side can be blamed on badminton too…

I’ve had to alter my training, but finally found something that seems to work well without me getting beat up… [/quote]

That sounds intersting, go on “spill the beans”

[quote]plateau wrote:
[/quote] Cowboy Bebop?
Man, you people have no culture! :slight_smile: [quote]

Essentially climbers elbow in both elbows! Which meant any bicep/back workout was nigh on impossible…
Shoulder impingment in the shoulder, this shoulder has always been a bit more internally rotated. Mouse at work, 10 years of thrice weekly badminton, crap posture, general suckage!
Wrist same side as dodgy shoulder so add dody elbow seemed likely to be referred pain according to the mean woman assaulting my body. But I do bi-annually seem to get sprained wrists anyway, they are small and girly and perhaps the right side can be blamed on badminton too…[/quote]

That’s what you get for playing girly sports :wink:

Did you post about that stuff in the injury forum yet? Maybe pm BBB? Cressey?

I mean, I could throw some basic advice out, but the truth is, I’ve no experience with climbing or badminton and related injuries really… Guessing you got lots of tendinitis etc going on, forearms etc… Oh well, better ask the experts for that one.

Once you’ve managed to get that under control or even fixed it, hit me up for some programming advice… I don’t think going back to a straight “heavy for 12 weeks” routine would be a good idea…

[quote]plateau wrote:
[/quote] Cowboy Bebop?
Man, you people have no culture! :slight_smile: [quote]

Wrist same side as dodgy shoulder so add dody elbow seemed likely to be referred pain according to the mean woman assaulting my body. But I do bi-annually seem to get sprained wrists anyway, they are small and girly and perhaps the right side can be blamed on badminton too…[/quote]

That’s what you get for playing girly sports :wink:

Did you post about that stuff in the injury forum yet? Maybe pm BBB? Cressey?

I mean, I could throw some basic advice out, but the truth is, I’ve no experience with climbing or badminton and related injuries really… Guessing you got lots of tendinitis etc going on, forearms etc… Oh well, better ask the experts for that one.

Once you’ve managed to get that under control or even fixed it, hit me up for some programming advice… I don’t think going back to a straight “heavy for 12 weeks” routine would be a good idea…

[/quote]

Ha ha no I’ve not been playing badminton for best part of 3 years.
I’m not climbing it’s one of the name’s the elbow condition is called, but they are 99% good now - but am staying away from preachers and skullcrushers.
The nigggles are pretty mucg gone.

Will do thanks buddy