T Nation

What Type am I?

Hi Christian,

I came across your articles about neuro type and I thought it was very interesting. But I am having a hard time determining which type I am as there seems to be conflicting information. I will just give you a few descriptions of myself that might be helpful.

• Very small joints (very small wrists) and thin/frail bones but weirdly I also have long clavicles or naturally wide shoulders (not sure if this would help)

• Was one of the best basketball players in my HS. But I don’t consider myself as explosive and faster than average, I was good because I had a long wingspan and freakishly large hands as well as very good hand-eye coordination. Got tired easily after an intense cardio session like a basketball game/conditioning.
    (Takeaway: not naturally explosive and fast; very average cardio/aerobic capacity)

• Very prone to injury, got rotator cuff injury and pec strain even though I wasn’t lifting that heavy

• Feel heavy on joints sometimes (especially elbows and some part of my lower back)

• Seem to have problems recovering when lifting heavy with high intensity

• Indecisive

• It is hard for me to gain muscle mass and strength and I am naturally lean, I have never found the need to cut

I think for sure I am not type 2. I am just confused if I am a type 1A, 1B or 3.

This is exactly what I didn’t want. I posted about 4 times hat I do not want my forum to become a diagnostic clinic for neurotypes. Because it’s a service I offer and it’s always more reliable in person or at least via skype.

On top of that I’m a people pleaser so I will normally answer people but then other will start to take advantage and I feel like crap if I don’t help them.

I will answer later today, but I hope that more people read it and don’t swamp me with demands.

How can someone arrange to have a copacetic neurotype interview?

I offer online consults on my thibarmy site (front page)

CT, I thought it was about two months ago you drew the line and said no more free neurotype diagnosis and within the last few days you’ve said “no more” probably half a dozen times. Curse the 2A desire to please!
I wonder how many people actually utilize the information you provide and revamp their training, diet, and other areas of their life as well, since it does affect pretty much everything we do.

What if others of us say “don’t answer; take the forum back to how you want it”? Does that free you to please us instead?
:slight_smile:

Thanks Chris I appreciate it

Dude, you know the right thing to do here would be to respectfully withdraw your question. He pretty much explicitly told you that he doesn’t like doing this, and you just ignored everything he said and said “thanks”? Super shitty.

Firstly, he said he likes helping people and said that he will answer later given the time. Secondly, I didn’t know that he is bombarded with this kind of question and it is his choice to answer, I won’t get mad if he decides not to, I still appreciate the time he gave to at least read the question which was my point from “Thanks I really appreciate it.”

Thirdly, I don’t ask for your opinion, I specifically asked this in his forum and the question is specifically directed to him, and unless you are contributing something to the discussion, please leave and have a look at the mirror. Case closed.

i like your thirdly point

It doesn’t matter that you didn’t know. It’s that you heard he was uncomfortable with it and instead of retracting your question, which nobody would have blamed you for, you just decided to take advantage of the situation. He said he was uncomfortable. Just say “i understand, never mind” or “I’ll use the service on your website that you just discussed.” Like I said, shitty thing to do.

Read my 1st point and the later part of my 2nd point as well as my 3rd point once again. Please come back when you have achieved some level of reading comprehension. Case closed, won’t reply or read your replies again, thanks.

Knowing that him accepting your question could cause further problems for him and ignoring those consequences to possibly get an answer to your question - your reading comprehension isn’t too shabby either bud. I’m out anyway. Love your “case closed” sign off line, private eye.

On top of that you used the ONE sentence I HATE the most “I’m confused”. I don’t know why, but that irritates me…

Honestly you didn’t give me much usable info. Neurotyping is about the nervous system, not physiology. All the info you gave me were about your body you didn’t tell me anything about your personality.

• Do you naturally have a high level of confidence and self-esteem?
  • Do you care what other people think of you?
  • Is being liked, respected, admired important for your?
  • How do you feel when you are left out?
  • Are you more naturally introverted or extroverted?
  • When you feel down do you prefer to be alone or among friends?
  • Are you competitive (I’m not talking about wanting to win, everybody wants to win, I’m talking about needing to win in every situation)
  • Do you like to argue?
  • Do you like to take risks?
  • Do you prefer to follow a precise routine or do you hate when things are repetitive?
  • Are you detail oriented?
  • Etc.

@Christian_Thibaudeau
Wouldn’t it be easier to release a simple questionnaire? I feel like that would remove it all. If a noob asks he can just be directed that way. Of course it’s better to be in a live conversation but surely an overarching questionnaire would get the majority 80% there. Which is good enough? I’ve heard in the past that you don’t like that because generally people aren’t honest enough with their introspection… Isn’t that their problem?

But then again I can’t blame you for not having one. It’s your business and if that’s a good source of new clients then I wouldn’t give away free stuff either.

Just my $. 02

I’m working on it with my father who is a psychologist specialized in personality evaluation (he taught it in college and had an office of industrial psychology/human ressources).

Everyone wants things for free. Just put the hard work in and find your own way. I am sure this helps for a coach but you know yourself the best. Find what works.

Do you naturally have a high level of confidence and self-esteem?
I have a high level of confidence but I think it is more because of the environment I was raised in
Do you care what other people think of you?
No
Is being liked, respected, admired important for your?
No
How do you feel when you are left out?
They are missing out
Are you more naturally introverted or extroverted?
Introverted
When you feel down do you prefer to be alone or among friends?
Generally with friends but I am alone most of the time when I feel down
Are you competitive (I’m not talking about wanting to win, everybody wants to win, I’m talking about needing to win in every situation)
Yes but I am also very realistic of what my capabilities are
Do you like to argue?
Yes
Do you like to take risks?
No
Do you prefer to follow a precise routine or do you hate when things are repetitive?
I hate when things are repetitive
Are you detail oriented?
I see the big picture in everything that I do

Regarding the “I’m confused,” that might not be the most appropriate choice of word since English wasn’t the first language that I learned but you get my point. Thank you Chris.

Do you need to be the leader? In a group do you tend to try to boss other peoples?

How do you deal with authority?

Are you prone to overthinking? Do you analyze everything?

Do you need to be the leader? No In a group do you tend to try to boss other peoples? No

How do you deal with authority? Hardly ever had problems with authority

Are you prone to overthinking? Yes, I am very indecisive as I have said Do you analyze everything? Yes that really describes me