What Training Program To Use?

Hello guys.

I’m following T-Nation website articles and forums for about 6 months now… maybe more than that.

I’ also training for about 1.5years now, but completely lost in what trainiung method to follow.

I have 5f 8in and 160lbs, with 14% BF

My main goal is to increase to 165lbs but drop my BF to 7-9%.

I’ve done the OVT for a while, and t be honest, I do liked it, but I don’t think it is appropriate for someone like me, only 1.5years lifting.

I have “The Book of Muscle” written by Ian King and Lou Schuler, but do not like that kind of program, with compound exercizes.

Do any of you have a sugestion on what training program should I go!?

And another question, when will The Black Book of Training Secrets be In stock again!? I want that one heheh

ps: sorry for my bad english.

[quote]samello wrote:
Hello guys.

I’m following T-Nation website articles and forums for about 6 months now… maybe more than that.

I’ also training for about 1.5years now, but completely lost in what trainiung method to follow.

I have 5f 8in and 160lbs, with 14% BF

My main goal is to increase to 165lbs but drop my BF to 7-9%.

I’ve done the OVT for a while, and t be honest, I do liked it, but I don’t think it is appropriate for someone like me, only 1.5years lifting.

I have “The Book of Muscle” written by Ian King and Lou Schuler, but do not like that kind of program, with compound exercizes.

Do any of you have a sugestion on what training program should I go!?

And another question, when will The Black Book of Training Secrets be In stock again!? I want that one heheh

ps: sorry for my bad english.[/quote]

You don’t like compound exercises? Do a routine of all isolation exercises then I guess. Good luck with that.

[quote]samello wrote:
Hello guys.

I’m following T-Nation website articles and forums for about 6 months now… maybe more than that.[/quote]

Keep reading! You have a lot of catching up to do. There are some good articles posted all the way back from 1998 that you may want to browse through.

What are your goals? Your training should reflect your goals. Remember that always. It’s easy to read about a new program and want to try it out, but if it doesn’t reflect your goals, it may not be a good choice.

[quote]I have 5f 8in and 160lbs, with 14% BF

My main goal is to increase to 165lbs but drop my BF to 7-9%.[/quote]

In order to do that, you’ll need to gain muscle and then lose bodyfat. You may be able to do this at the same time if your training and nutrition is perfect.

My suggestion would be for you to follow a low-volume training program that utilizes heavy weights, lower sets and reps, but also has a higher frequency of training but keeps the workouts short.

What program fits that goal? High Intensity Training may be a good fit. Or something along the lines of 5x5 (where the first two sets are progressive warmups and the last three are hard work sets). There are quite a few possibilities out there.

OVT is a high-volume program. If trying to gain muscle and lose fat, you can’t do that much volume. So, you need something more simple than that.

If you don’t like compound exercises, you can forget ever reaching your goal or making any progress. You need compound exercises to add muscle and strength. There’s no way around it!

Check out some of what I wrote above, or look into something like Chad Waterbury’s ABBH program. The volume isn’t too high, and it’s a good program for mass and strength gains.

[quote]And another question, when will The Black Book of Training Secrets be In stock again!? I want that one heheh

ps: sorry for my bad english.[/quote]

It’s a good book, but there are better ones out there. In fact, CT will tell you that some of his other books are better.

You may want to pick up Muscle Revolution by Chad Waterbury at the T-Nation store. There, you 'll get all of his best programs he wrote for T-Nation, along with some new stuff to help you get bigger and stronger.

That book may be a better option than CT’s Black Book of Training.