what to take?

Here’s my story.I started working out about 12yrs ago,back in the day of amino acids,liver pills and 5lbs weight gain buckets.I was 17 and weighed about 128lbs.In 3yrs I gained only 20lbs.I gave up until about 2yrs ago when I started working out again.I was eating 6 times a day taking Meal replacement and creatine.In 8 weeks I gained 18lbs of muscle.(or water)Anyway I lost motivation and haven’t worked out since.I’m going to start out again and was wondering what to take, myostat or mag10.Any other advice you might have for a 150lbs pencil neck would be great.Thanks.

Sounds like you just need to use the basics and learn more about training and diet. ZMA, Surge, MRP if needed, creatine, multi; I like CLA and ALA but I wouldn’t consider them basics.

I would like to give a suggestion on the best supplement there is: Food !
First you have to eat properly, then it´s time for supplements.

Do a search for “Dawg School-The Bodybuilder’s Hierarchy of Needs.” You don’t need supplements until you’ve addressed more important things.

What everyone else said, but with the added proviso that you need to stay consistent to see any real results. Working out for a year, then laying off for two isn’t going to cut it. Make the commitment to go to the gym on some sort of regular program for the rest of your life. Or, if you don’t want to do that, then face up to the fact that you don’t have the discipline in this area that you need to succeed.

That’s about it. Oh, and a diet log would help.