What to Expect When Injecting?

When you inject and draw the needle back to check for blood, if there isnt blood what should you see draw back into the needle?

Nothing. Sometimes air - sometimes a vacuum.

Brook

I mostly get vaccum.

WTF??? IV for steroids??? I read the shit about the HGH thing and I thought it was real fucking irresponsible to suggest that recreational drug users already comfortable with needles get comfortable tapping a vein.

When I fucked around it was always with a wide bore and an inch and half needle in the glute high and on the side.

[quote]GDI Inc wrote:
WTF??? IV for steroids??? I read the shit about the HGH thing and I thought it was real fucking irresponsible to suggest that recreational drug users already comfortable with needles get comfortable tapping a vein.

When I fucked around it was always with a wide bore and an inch and half needle in the glute high and on the side.[/quote]

What?

I’m guessing you didn’t aspirate your IM shots when you were juicing?

They are talking about IM shots, you pull back to confirm you AREN’T in a vein and that there ISN’T blood there…

if you don’t have blood you get a vacuum of the small amount of air in the syringe

No, I never aspirated an IM injection. No one I knew did either. Hard to hit a vein with a wide bore needle an inch and half in. It’s been a while, and I guess that would be safer. I’ve read here for a while and just get kinda uncomfortable thinking about guys doing IV inject.

No one but yourself has suggested doing an IV inject…

[quote]GDI Inc wrote:
No, I never aspirated an IM injection. No one I knew did either. Hard to hit a vein with a wide bore needle an inch and half in. It’s been a while, and I guess that would be safer. I’ve read here for a while and just get kinda uncomfortable thinking about guys doing IV inject.[/quote]

I do not mean to be disrespectful at all as you seem to be posting in good faith but…

Many of your posts are littered with outdated information that you use to support your criticisms of contemporary AAS protocol. It is fine to have an opinion but using scare tactics just sounds cheesy and immature; especially without a factual basis to back a claim.

Again please don’t take this as an insult, it is just my interepretation of your posts. Not just a response to your post(s) in the steroid forum, but also your post in the thread about steroids in the BB forum.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
GDI Inc wrote:
No, I never aspirated an IM injection. No one I knew did either. Hard to hit a vein with a wide bore needle an inch and half in. It’s been a while, and I guess that would be safer. I’ve read here for a while and just get kinda uncomfortable thinking about guys doing IV inject.

I do not mean to be disrespectful at all as you seem to be posting in good faith but…

Many of your posts are littered with outdated information that you use to support your criticisms of contemporary AAS protocol. It is fine to have an opinion but using scare tactics just sounds cheesy and immature; especially without a factual basis to back a claim.

Again please don’t take this as an insult, it is just my interepretation of your posts. Not just a response to your post(s) in the steroid forum, but also your post in the thread about steroids in the BB forum. [/quote]

I don’t take it as an insult. I jumped to conclusions here. But my mistake was an honest one. I had read the GH protocol here that included IV injections and had never heard of anyone that aspirated an IM injection. Hell, I’ve never noticed a nurse attempt to aspirate prior to an IM injection. In any case, I have no real opinion on aspirating an IM injection, it’s a practice I never heard of, read of, or seen.

I don’t think I’ve used a single scare tactic. If you think pointing out the legal and social risks are scare tactics I think you’re wrong. Those are much more real then the health consequences. I don’t think advising people that are already using recreational drugs illegally and comfortable with needles to move onto IV injections of anything is good advice…not that I think the act of IV injection of GH is in itself more dangerous then IM injection it’s what it could lead to.

I haven’t presented myself as an expert. I haven’t said that there are serious health consequences from steroid use. I don’t think there are even in large dosages. I think they should be legal, by script anyway. In any case, what is contemporary steroid protocol? Hell, I’ve read everything from 8 week cycles are best to many pro’s stay on all year. I don’t take criticism personally, so anytime you see something you specifically have a problem with and I’ll do my best to clarify my pov.

I actually had no intention of posting in the steroid forums when I signed up. It came up in my first thread…not of my choosing…I plan on remaining anonymous here so I figured why not. I try to limit it to opinion here…maybe a story or two, but I won’t be offering any advice here.

[quote]GDI Inc wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
GDI Inc wrote:

Again please don’t take this as an insult, it is just my interepretation of your posts. Not just a response to your post(s) in the steroid forum, but also your post in the thread about steroids in the BB forum.

I don’t take it as an insult. I jumped to conclusions here. But my mistake was an honest one. I had read the GH protocol here that included IV injections and had never heard of anyone that aspirated an IM injection. Hell, I’ve never noticed a nurse attempt to aspirate prior to an IM injection. In any case, I have no real opinion on aspirating an IM injection, it’s a practice I never heard of, read of, or seen.

I don’t think I’ve used a single scare tactic. If you think pointing out the legal and social risks are scare tactics I think you’re wrong. Those are much more real then the health consequences. I don’t think advising people that are already using recreational drugs illegally and comfortable with needles to move onto IV injections of anything is good advice…not that I think the act of IV injection of GH is in itself more dangerous then IM injection it’s what it could lead to.

I haven’t presented myself as an expert. I haven’t said that there are serious health consequences from steroid use. I don’t think there are even in large dosages. I think they should be legal, by script anyway. In any case, what is contemporary steroid protocol? Hell, I’ve read everything from 8 week cycles are best to many pro’s stay on all year. I don’t take criticism personally, so anytime you see something you specifically have a problem with and I’ll do my best to clarify my pov.

I actually had no intention of posting in the steroid forums when I signed up. It came up in my first thread…not of my choosing…I plan on remaining anonymous here so I figured why not. I try to limit it to opinion here…maybe a story or two, but I won’t be offering any advice here.[/quote]

Ok

Probably a bit of misunderstanding on both sides. No big deal.

first attempted inject i aspirated and drew blood. i’m thinking it’s not too rare…

If you do draw blood is that injection no good?

[quote]BroLac wrote:
If you do draw blood is that injection no good?[/quote]

If you draw blood after you aspirate, then the injection is no good. Simply pull out, swap on a new needle, and re-pin.

That last thing you want to do is inject into a vein or artery. Aspirating will avoid this.

[quote]Game Time wrote:
BroLac wrote:
If you do draw blood is that injection no good?

If you draw blood after you aspirate, then the injection is no good. Simply pull out, swap on a new needle, and re-pin.

That last thing you want to do is inject into a vein or artery. Aspirating will avoid this.[/quote]

so wait you mean take out the needle and just put a new needle on and then try again in a different spot? or do you mean basically restart the whole injection process?

Just replace the needle, and go through the injection process again (swab, aspirate…etc). You can pin in the same spot or try a new location, thats up to you.

The needle will be dulled due to the first injection, so it is suggested to replace it

[quote]Game Time wrote:
Just replace the needle, and go through the injection process again (swab, aspirate…etc). You can pin in the same spot or try a new location, thats up to you.

The needle will be dulled due to the first injection, so it is suggested to replace it[/quote]

Okay, got it. Thank you, its good to know a whole injection wont be wasted.

it’s amazing how the slight dulling can make a huge difference how a needle goes in, but I hear trying to use a needle twice is murder

[quote]BroLac wrote:
Game Time wrote:

The needle will be dulled due to the first injection, so it is suggested to replace it

[/quote]

I have made the mistake of both: not switching the needle after I drew from the vial, and switching locations with the same needle.

Neither were as bad as everyone makes them out to be. In fact, I didn’t really notice a difference. I think if you see blood and need to hit a different spot, you can use the same needle.

[quote]BroLac wrote:
Game Time wrote:

[/quote]

You will need to squirt out the blood that you aspirated. I’m sure you already knew that but I just wanted to make sure.