What To Expect from Synthroid?

Yes I am and exactly. Armour makes my day. I say it all the time.

If I had to make a choice. Thyroid or T? I would take thyroid anyday.

Your experience is not the majority who have thyroid symtoms. Don’t scare the guy. You start trt and if after a few months it doesn’t work to remove fatigue you get on thyroid. Obviously nobody is going to have 5 of 5 free t3, but anything below 4.5 of 5 can be supplemented. I was at 3.8 and I felt like death. I took 2 grains am and 2 pm my symptoms resolved. Zero symtoms remain.

Agreed. I had someone tell me to chew up my tablet and I actually did and it works so well. Absorbed faster and more of it. Especially if you have heart burn and etc.

Lots of woman do this and all I can say is I’ll be chewing my tablet into dust and swallowing it every time now .

Could be. I do have to take a large amount of medication, so taking Armour would also be a large dose of T3 for me. I also have learned the hard way in life that doing things systematically is usually better. I’d recommend trying only T4 to start for the same reason I’d recommend starting TRT without an AI at first.

No sir. Again you must realize that your experience is not the norm. I’ve been taught directly by several doctors who specialize in hormones. You always are supposed to give t4/t3 . If someone is getting too much t3 then you get a compounded version with a custom ratio that your doctor dictates.

Thyroid and trt are different. Please understand the following. The entire reason majority of men and women have issues with thyroid is due to the fact that t4 does not convert to t3 efficiently. Give someone t4 and they rarely feel right. Same goes with synthetic crap.

The ratio of t4 to t3 is like 4 to 1 or something. The amount of t3 is minimal but it does the trick. most people need this. If it was the other way around I would agree with you, but I’ve never met someone who went from t4/t3 to t4 only. Never. Like I said earlier. Get a custom ratio created.

The doctors who only give t4 are the same doctors who don’t give armour thyroid. They are too scared and also are pushing big pharma meds and what insurance suggests. Why? Because insurance knows which medicines they pay less for and which are more. They don’t care what’s the best option. Sick care doctors do not either.

1 Like

Came back from my doctor not prescribed. They are now going to move forward with testing further with the following.

• THYROID PEROXIDASE ANTIBODIES (TPO)
  • FREE TRIDOTHYRONINE (T3)
  • TT3 (TOTAL TRIDOTHYRONINE)
  • QUEST BLOOD DRAW
  • THYROXINE FREE
  • TSH (THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE)

How long should I fast for my blood test in the AM?

Why not prescribed what did labs say before this?

Doctor wanted to look into this further. Only had TSH tested and it hovered between 4.5-5.4 for the past year.

Yah but symtoms show a need. So he’d rather let you suffer longer .

He could easily do a short trial run and he’ll know quickly if it’s what you need. I was at 5.2 and dying. So fatigued Man.

Why deal with this . Get a better doctor.

Symptoms do, but I’m not against getting more thyroid hormones checked out. My doctor mentioned if things come back normal, it could be considered sub clinical and would be for doing a trial run.

It’s $35 for this blood work, so well worth it IMO

Weird he wouldn’t give you something, and just tell you to take it after the blood test…

@redballoon123

Make sure you get all of these checked. Bring him this list

Ok I’m opposite. When I’m suffering I want a doc as fast and efficiently as possible. My doc gave me what I needed day 1 and told me to lower dose as needed. He saw my labs and felt my pain and didn’t want to start me off on a low dose thyroid or t. He explained if thyroid caused certain symtoms I reduce dose. But they didn’t and he was spot on with my dosing.

If you can get bovine do it. I took bovine custom compounded and 1 grain worked am and pm. I started armour and need 2 am and 2 pm. Weird right?

Hello All,

Thyroid panel is back and here is the results.

Free T4- 1.07ng/dl , range .82-1.77
T3 - 116 ng/dl, range 71-180
Free T3 3.3 pg/ml, range 2.0-4.4
TSH - 4.440 uIU/mL, range .450-.4500
Thyroid Peroxodase AB - 9 iu/ml, 0-34

So I guess my Thyroid is functioning fine? My TSH is just barely ‘normal’. I wonder why TSH is still high.

All reports state that even if you feel better initially on T4 alone with the time it will get worse because the body is not meant to get all its T3 from conversion alone.

So the T4 alone treatment is a moronic thing prescribed by the clueless endocrinologists. You should be much better on NDT

Have you started TRT recently?

Yes, beginning of September. I was on from Nov 2018 - June2019, came off, felt like doo doo, had no LH and T was at 118 and got back on… However, I had a CMP in November and May and the labs came back at around 4.5 each time for TSH. In August (whilst off) it was at 5.4.

TRT can increase TSH on commencing bu yours was big before.
To be honest your FT3 is almost optimal. I think you should test Reverse T3 and make a 24 hours saliva cortisol test. In case of major adrenal issues you can have a good T3 blood value but it will not be able to be transported to the cells due to inadequate cortisol production throughout the day.

Check the symptoms of adrenal fatigue and hypothyroidism. Which of them do you have?

I don’t feel bad really. I went down this road due to the high TSH for about a year. I don’t really feel fatigued or tired. I don’t sleep too well, but that may be another thing entirely. Below is what i found for adrenal fatigue symptoms.

• ongoing fatigue - sort of
  • muscle weakness - not really
  • loss of appetite and weight - not really, and def not
  • abdominal pain, nausea and [diarrhea] - no
  • low blood pressure - 130/80
  • depression and irritability - no
  • salt cravings - no but i do love sugar
  • hypoglycemia - no
  • a headache- no
  • excessive sweating -
  • irregular menstruation in women - no i am a male, but its 2019, anything can happen