What to Eat After Basketball Training?

hi guys, i’ve searched for “what foods to eat after cardio” but it was kinda split into high intensity/low intensity cardio. i have no idea what to classify basketball training at, since i actually do alot of sprinting up and down the court (though not near max sprinting) usually up to 2-3hrs a time.

so should i go with protein(whey shake) + carbs (fast(dextrose)/slow(oats)) or protein(Whey shake) + fat(raw eggs)?

sorry if its a stupid question, i’m just not very clear on this. thanks!

[quote]LTKO wrote:
hi guys, i’ve searched for “what foods to eat after cardio” but it was kinda split into high intensity/low intensity cardio. i have no idea what to classify basketball training at, since i actually do alot of sprinting up and down the court (though not near max sprinting) usually up to 2-3hrs a time.

so should i go with protein(whey shake) + carbs (fast(dextrose)/slow(oats)) or protein(Whey shake) + fat(raw eggs)?

sorry if its a stupid question, i’m just not very clear on this. thanks![/quote]

Just have a nice balanced meal after you play with a good amount of protein+carbs, no need to overthink things, chicken, lean beef, pork tenderloin, whatever plus some carbs like rice should fit the bill. Basketball can burn a lot of calories if you aren’t loafing that is, especially 2-3hrs worth.

Focusing on having something during would be benefitial though, think along the lines of like gatorade, or something like a Finibar or Surge Workout Fuel which are sold here to have prior and during the game to keep you fuled. I’m sure someone like BrickHead will respond with an intelligent answer as nutrition is his strong suit.

ok sounds good. i could definitely have a carb + protein drink like surge throughout my training/

D: i wouldn’t slack off! thanks for the info!

hopefully brickhead will respond. def a very knowledgable dude (: