What to Drink During Lifting

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]grettiron wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Have you ever tried reading the DOZENS AND DOZENS of articles about peri-workout nutrition on here, or the hundreds (or thousands) all over the internet or in muscle rags? [/quote]

there’s nothing wrong with asking what other people are doing, especially people who aren’t trying to sell something.[/quote]

What’s wrong with selling?

Besides, if I recommend something, perhaps Gatorade powder, than I might be contributing to Gatorade’s sales. Same goes for grape juice. This guy might go out and lend to the sales of a grape juice company. [/quote]

there’s nothing wrong with an independent party recommending a product. there’s nothing wrong with “contributing to Gatorade’s sales.” however, “muscle rags” are a sequence of barely concealed advertisements. TMuscle product release articles are advertisements. i don’t know about you, but my life is already saturated with advertisements, and i resent that. hence, i have a prejudice against salesmen because that’s one more unwelcome solicitation.

if a guy on a forum recommends gatorade in his wo drink, that doesn’t feel like an advertisement and so i don’t feel that same resentment when reading his post.

[quote]grettiron wrote:
there’s nothing wrong with an independent party recommending a product. there’s nothing wrong with “contributing to Gatorade’s sales.” however, “muscle rags” are a sequence of barely concealed advertisements. TMuscle product release articles are advertisements. i don’t know about you, but my life is already saturated with advertisements, and i resent that. hence, i have a prejudice against salesmen because that’s one more unwelcome solicitation.[/quote]

In that case, don’t look at magazines, television, newspapers, billboards, or web sites that advertise or sell products.

So, it’s a psychological issue then.

You’ll be best served by getting over this and learning to look at things objectively regardless of whether or not someone may be selling something.

As it is, you must have a hell of a time going grocery shopping since every package is essentially an advertisement for its product.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:

[quote]grettiron wrote:
there’s nothing wrong with an independent party recommending a product. there’s nothing wrong with “contributing to Gatorade’s sales.” however, “muscle rags” are a sequence of barely concealed advertisements. TMuscle product release articles are advertisements. i don’t know about you, but my life is already saturated with advertisements, and i resent that. hence, i have a prejudice against salesmen because that’s one more unwelcome solicitation.[/quote]

In that case, don’t look at magazines, television, newspapers, billboards, or web sites that advertise or sell products.

You’ll be best served by getting over this and learning to look at things objectively regardless of whether or not someone may be selling something.

As it is, you must have a hell of a time going grocery shopping since every package is essentially an advertisement for its product.

[/quote]

He also fails to realize that websites like Testosterone and Bodybuilding.com would cease to exist without marketing their own products or someone else’s.

if you drink whey and Gatorade during is post workout shake needed?

[quote]Brotha123 wrote:
if you drink whey and Gatorade during is post workout shake needed?[/quote]

It won’t hurt. I usually have another scoop of whey + creatine after I get out of the shower. A meal is another good option.

im a really cheap guy… would 1 scoop of Surge recovery 15 minutes before a workout sipped to half of the workout and a protein shake after be good an ideal way to use SR.

Obviously it’s not IDEAL. You know that.

Maybe put down the beer cans and lift something slightly heavier. Like a fork with some steak attached.

[quote]Brotha123 wrote:
if you drink whey and Gatorade during is post workout shake needed?[/quote]

I’m starting to wonder if anyone even reads the articles on this site, especially the DOZENS AND DOZENS on peri-workout nutrition.

If they actually read them, they’d understand that peri-workout nutrition is pre-, mid-, and post-workout nutrition. Look up the prefix peri-.

Does anyone know what the macro profile looks like for a scoop of the Gatorade powder because the back label only gives measurements in tablespoons?

[quote]Jbrew wrote:
Does anyone know what the macro profile looks like for a scoop of the Gatorade powder because the back label only gives measurements in tablespoons?[/quote]

Why not just use a table spoon then? 1 tablespoon = 13 grams carbs, and so I figure 1 rounded tablespoon = approx 15 grams carbs (then again I’m not too worried about the 2 grams difference anyway).

[quote]HK24719 wrote:

[quote]grettiron wrote:

[/quote]

yes, it’s terrible going grocery shopping. big signs advertising 2 for 1 on frozen veggies… beef roast 1.99/lb… bananas .69/lb… traumatic i tell you.

and yet again i don’t watch tv, and use a couple adblockers while using the internet. oh wise one, how can i get over my psychological issues and learn to look at things objectively?

speaking of bananas, they are also a delicious addition to a shake.

[quote]grettiron wrote:yes, it’s terrible going grocery shopping. big signs advertising 2 for 1 on frozen veggies… beef roast 1.99/lb… bananas .69/lb… traumatic i tell you.

and yet again i don’t watch tv, and use a couple adblockers while using the internet. oh wise one, how can i get over my psychological issues and learn to look at things objectively?[/quote]

Step 1: Stop whining about advertising, grow a pair, and deal with it. If this doesn’t work, proceed to step 2.

Step 2: Seek professional help.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:

[quote]grettiron wrote:yes, it’s terrible going grocery shopping. big signs advertising 2 for 1 on frozen veggies… beef roast 1.99/lb… bananas .69/lb… traumatic i tell you.

and yet again i don’t watch tv, and use a couple adblockers while using the internet. oh wise one, how can i get over my psychological issues and learn to look at things objectively?[/quote]

Step 1: Stop whining about advertising, grow a pair, and deal with it. If this doesn’t work, proceed to step 2.

Step 2: Seek professional help.
[/quote]

rational discussion does not count as whining. but i’ll work on growing a pair, thanks.

So is there any added benefit to this gatorade + whey combination over just straight up dextrose + whey?

H2O

Gatoradeeeee…WATER SUCKS, IT REALLY REALLY SUCKS!

[quote]Syalowicki wrote:
H2O[/quote]