What to do?

I’m looking at having surgery to correct a chest wall deformity in 1-2 months. I’m not sure how I should approach diet and training before and after. I may lose upwards of 15 pounds after surgery. I’ll probably eat about 5 meals total in the first 3 or 4 days post-op. Those meals will suck too. I know I should regain that weight once I get back to eating 6-7 times a day, but I’m frustrated because it’ll be like all the work I’ve done has been worthless. I won’t be able to touch a weight for at least 3 months post-op. When I get back to the iron, I’ll still be somewhat restricted for a bit longer. I am only 20 so I know you’re going to tell me to think long-term, but it’s still very frustrating. I’ve been a skinny bastard my entire life and I’ve only recently begun to believe that I can become a buff bastard. I know that continued dedicated, uninterrupted eating and training will take me to my goal weight in a short time. Now, I’m not sure when I’ll achieve it. I’m just thinking about my options right now.

What would happen if I did pro-hormones while I wasn’t training for the first 3 months post-op? Would eating big alone be enough to gain mass? Of course, if I went overboard I suppose I could become a fat bastard instead of a buff bastard. Should I just be patient and wait until I can train balls to the wall to do PHs? Give me some suggestions. I’m curious about pre-op too. Being in good condition can really speed along recovery and may even ease some of the pain associated with surgery. I wonder if doing 1 or 2 Mag-10 cycles pre-op to boost my strength would be a good idea and then doing a couple of post-op cycles.

I don’t see any point in taking in Mag-10 when you can’t eat or workout properly. Mag-10 is a supplement, not the divine answer to everythng.

You should really focus on getting well ASAP instead of worrying about lifting, etc. IF you get impatient and screw up something, it’ll take you even LONGER to recover. Not good.