T Nation

What to Do When Getting Too Fat On Cycle?

Ok so it’s a bit late for me now, but I have a hypothetical Q.

You’re on cycle or a blast, and you completely lose control of your diet for whatever reason. You get to the point where there is no denying that you’ve become a marshmallow. Let’s say you’re halfway to 3/4 through a bulk cycle and you’ve got 4, maybe 5 weeks left. What would you do, and why?

Drop the cycle/blast, go on maintenance, then cut afterwards?
Continue the cycle, cut back calories to just above maintenance?
Continue the cycle, keep calories where they are?
Something else?

As I understand it, it’s generally a shitty decision to decide to continue but drop calories to deficit right away?

Thanks!

I’d do this. Then maintenance calories during PCT and a bit after, 3-4 weeks, then cut the fat

3 Likes

Eat less, do more. I never understood why this is such a hard concept to grasp. You’re not going to magically lose muscle if you reduce your calorie intake, especially when on gear. You could go on a slight deficit and still build muscle.

3 Likes

Eat less, do more. I never understood why this is such a hard concept to grasp. You’re not going to magically lose muscle if you reduce your calorie intake, especially when on gear. You could go on a slight deficit and still build muscle.

Yeah fair enough- I guess it is just about finding the optimal, a WWJD (What Would Joo Do) question.

The whole point of the blast was to bulk. I’ve got limited experience with this, so I was second guessing myself. And with most of the cycle done I had to wonder if it would be smart to bulk, then cut on the same cycle. It seemed like I would’ve been spinning my wheels if I cut after like 8 weeks of stupid eating.