T Nation

What to Do, What to Do...

I’ve been lifting seriously since September, and I’ve made huge gains in everything, but I’m not very satisfied with my arm gains. I would like to spend the summer getting bigger, but I gotta loose some more fat. Enter my dilemma…Is it possible to bulk while cutting? I’m going to make a concentrated effort to stick to a good diet, and start again with the cardio. Any personal experience/tips would be appreciated.

Eat clean, lift big.

You should then be able to keep losing fat and gaining LBM.

Have some patients you’ve only been lifting “seriously” for 8 months.

Just be consistant. Nail a solid diet, a compound movement based lifting plan, and some cardio (which ever kind you will Do on a regualar basis)

Keep your eye on the Prize and if you have any more direct concerns or ?'s come on back we’ll all try and help,
Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Eat clean, lift big.

You should then be able to keep losing fat and gaining LBM.

Have some patients you’ve only been lifting “seriously” for 8 months.

Just be consistant. Nail a solid diet, a compound movement based lifting plan, and some cardio (which ever kind you will Do on a regualar basis)

Keep your eye on the Prize and if you have any more direct concerns or ?'s come on back we’ll all try and help,
Phill
[/quote]

Good advice. However, it’s very hard to do.

lift one day the next day cardio do not do cardio and lift big in one day. drink lots of water eat high protein and low carbs and you can acheive what you want atleast this works for me oh and get a bottle of HOT-ROX there miracle workers. since i started lifting again i have dropped from about 20% fat to 14% fat in two months and went from 230 lbs to 236 lbs. i am happy with my results so far.

I’m no expert, but really take care of your diet. I went on T-Dawg 2.0 to lose weight. To be honest, I’d rate my success rate at following it as Offically Half-Assed. I stick to it every day bar the few hiccups, and log everything.

My point: I gained weight. Good weight too. My heaviest weight ever was a fat 215, I’m now 210 and nowhere near fat.

Eat clean. Log the food. Keep doing it. You’ll end up cutting a lot and if you haven’t been logging food up to now, I’d be willing to bet that you’ll add the weight you’re hoping for.