T Nation

What to Do? Losing Weight for 14 Months

been losing weight from 97 kg of fat… got down to 150 pounds… still fat there but people telling me i’m to skinny… I like quite skinny in cloths but still fat there and not confident in my body still…

don’t know if I should be losing fat or bulk and put some muscle to apprently I will lean up??

pics added

thanks

You have a bunch of loose skin.

Please go lift weights and stop trying to lose anymore bf. Don’t try to bulk. Just go lift weights and eat till you’re full.

If you have no idea where to start, go get the Starting Strength book and read through it. Then follow either SS or stronglift 5x5

And read these articles and a whole bunch more on this site-

Then go find every article you can find regarding form on this site and read through them.

Oh, opps.

Eat based off this premise-

Good job losing the weight but yikes hes right you do have alot of loose skin, I’d question the merits of your diet and would suppose you lost your weight a bit too quickly.

The danger of cutting calories too much for too long is that it cranks down your metabolism and can catabolize your muscle tissue too, effectively digging you into a hole. Which can leave you looking both skinny and soft.

You definately want to ‘bulk’ but it will be a fine line to walk because if you did indeed damp your metabolism, too much excess can go to adipose quick. Eat clean, dont let your weight go up too fast and focus on getting your anaerobic work volume up. The greater your calorie flux, the greater your metabolism.

I lost 2 pounds per week and eat clean…

I eat 1800-2000 calories 1 grAm protien per body weight 0.4 fats per bw rest carbs

Don’t EVER use the term “bulk up” again. Seriously. Erase it from your vocabulary. Yes, you should build some muscle. This does not mean you should stuff yourself, it will simply transform you back into your old self. Start a decent beginner routine like stronglifts 5x5 and eat 2,400 calories a day, 20-30% of it protein. Loads of vegetables too, no junk food. Do this consistently for four months and you won’t believe the difference it’s made.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:
Don’t EVER use the term “bulk up” again. Seriously. Erase it from your vocabulary. Yes, you should build some muscle. This does not mean you should stuff yourself, it will simply transform you back into your old self. Start a decent beginner routine like stronglifts 5x5 and eat 2,400 calories a day, 20-30% of it protein. Loads of vegetables too, no junk food. Do this consistently for four months and you won’t believe the difference it’s made.[/quote]

Read the previous post 10 TIMES for the next 3 DAYS.

Chill out at about your bodyweight for a while, get yourself well acquainted with a clean diet, and the basic barbell lifts. Do starting strength (with a couple sets of optional curls/rear delt stuff to do afterwards ) for about three-four months then after you stall a few times and get familiar with the lifts do a version of “breathing squats” or is also known as 20 rep squats, and do that for a while. You can get a nice recomp effect from some hard training, and get that loose skin taken care of so we have some idea what you actually look like under it.

You’ll look worlds better after that than if you were to try to lose more weight, as you’ll actually get leaner if you add some more muscle at your same bodyweight and have a chance to have the loose skin sorted out.