What To Do If Libido and Erections Occur At Different Estrogen Levels?

I would also like to see your labs on 20mg/daily before the AI.

1 Like

Like I said I have tried several different dosageā€™s All for 6 months or more from 75mg week to 150mg week no change in wellbeing at any dose.

my last labs on 12mg daily had me at
Test - 514
Free test - 109
Shbg - 18
Estrogen sensitive - 35

Felt miserable here too.
So decided to raise to 20mg daily after reading some posts of other low shbg guys. I felt no better or worse than the 12mg daily.

So just one week of 1/8 mg Anastrozole daily has been a game changer for me to many good things to mention after being so miserable for so long.

Look I mean no disrespect maybe I shouldnā€™t have said quacks but your hard line on no one needs it is wrong in my opinion.

So itā€™s obvious that I needed to reduce estrogen to feel better since I do and thatā€™s what Anastrozole does.

What other options do you have whatā€™s your exact protocol Bosa

Itā€™s not obvious. I know you believe it is obvious, because it is masking your symptoms, but I have a million questions in my head.

How long did you try 20mg daily for? What was free T on that protocol?

I thought I needed an AI when I was at 200mg a week. Free T was low 20s. Increased to 250mg a week and got off AI and free T was 28. Felt much better. Boosted up again to 300mg, free T hovers between 35-40. E2 around 60. I couldnā€™t get more dialed in if I tried.

Step one is get rid of the AI and pretend estrogen doesnā€™t exist. That brings you to step 2 which is figuring out what the actual problem is.

Answer my two questions above and Iā€™ll give you my feedback.

Only for a week. Tell us how u feel in another week or two.

Fair chance not as good.

2 Likes

I crashed my E2 with only 0.5mg a week for two weeks. I was a mess for three weeks after that.

Itā€™s amazing how desperately we want to raise estradiol and admire what it does when we donā€™t have any. Then we finally get some and all those benefits come back only to want to lower estradiol again which lowers the benefits.

Visualize me banging my head against a wall.

1 Like

I experiment with an ai too thatā€™s why I said what I said. It put me in a nightmare roller coaster. I now realize I feel best with my e2 over 30
Will never touch an ai again.

I remember I was telling the Dr check my e2 itā€™s getting high it should be in the low 20s!, Dr said he does not get concerned unless over 60. I thought he was dum listening to some of the folks on here early on. Turns out Dr knew his shit , well at least with regards to e2.

1 Like

Same thing with meā€¦ I had one useless, idiot doctor at one pointā€¦ But he was right about E2 while I kept arguing with him that I needed an AI. I went as far as saying that not prescribing me an AI was criminal lol! Unfortunately, it was the only thing he was right about. I recently contacted his clinic, pointed his secretary to the YouTube channel and told her to ask him if we could have a call so I could get him up to speed on a few things. But heā€™s a doctorā€¦ Which means heā€™s a god (lots of docs are like this but there are obvious exceptions so donā€™t get your panties in a bunch!) ā€¦ And Iā€™m just a peasant in his eyesā€¦ So he never called me back :grin:

So you insulted him by calling his judgement criminal when he was actually correct, left his clinic, then decided to call him years later to tell him you want to teach him how to do his job? And then in your mind he did not call you back because he has a holier than thou attitude? LOL

2 Likes

We had a special kind of relationship. Put it that way. Every visit was an hour of debate. He always wanted to see proof. I ensured the secretary knew I had some rather eye opening stuff to show him. I always want to learn something new and have my mind changed about things but he was quite set in his ways. For example, the second I would start feeling better he wanted to lower my dose as he felt testosterone was dangerous. Sigh.

Letā€™s hope this wonā€™t pan out to be true

I ran the 20 mg a day for 3 months no labs on it as I still felt like shit so I started the Anastrozole that way I could see the difference in a few weeks on next labs.

Thereā€™s absolutely no fu@#ing way in hell my dr would let me take 300mg a week he was hesitant to let me do 150mg. And Iā€™m not ordering UGL test!

Bossa what was your starting SHBG And does it fluctuate depending on dose? Is it low now because your on 300mg a week?

What was your free T at 20mg daily?

If course notā€¦ Even the script for 250 was difficult to get as I donā€™t want him to get into trouble. Most men donā€™t need the doses I need to get those serum levels.

SHBG is 18-20 anytime I measure it.

Need to know your free T at 20mg daily with no AI.

Iā€™d have to stop the ai then to see I donā€™t have those values at that dose I can say I was about to just give up on trt.

I asked a few questions but you did not answer any. Impossible to assist.

1 Like

The guy wants to take AI, you cannot do him good against his will. Maybe after some suffering he will reach you out himself

1 Like

Answered the best I could!
I donā€™t want to take AI but seems I need to.

Thereā€™s no way for me to get a script over 150mg and even on that dose I was miserable!

Iā€™m not sure why Responsibly micro dosing AI is worse than sky high levels of test and estrogen that may be harmful in the long run too, any studies on long term 300mg week doses?

Iā€™m here to feel better not to argue you seem to be knowledgeable but come off as my way is the only way and seem to rub a lot of people the wrong way!

I do agree AI is terrible in most cases and is improperly dosed by most docs!

Iā€™m going to lower my AI dose to 1/2 mg per week (Just a few drops a day) soon now that Iā€™m feeling better and see if I can continue feeling good. I havenā€™t felt this good since I was a teenager trt is finally working for me.

How long does this dose of AI take to clear the system Iā€™d go off it for a while to get the labs you ask of me.

1 Like

You said free testosterone was 109 pg/mL on 12mg daily. Did you get the same test done while on 20mg daily?

It really has nothing to do with ā€˜my way is the only wayā€™, I can assure you. Frankly, you can do as you wish and it wonā€™t change my lifeā€¦ We both know this. Step one for proper TRT is getting off the AI and then getting your protocol properly dialed in without it. The end result is SO worth it.

Do you realize how small your AI dose is? 1/8mg per week? It barely does a thing at that dose. If youā€™re using liquid, try reducing to 1/16 (if thatā€™s even possible lol!) and see if there is any CONCRETE difference.

See if you can get those free T labs. My guess is you need a dose increase.

1 Like

No I didnā€™t get labs on the 20 mg they were due but I decided to add AI cause I still felt like crap and I wanted to see what the AI was doing if I was going to take it.

There lies my problem doc refuses to go higher than 150mg week.

I know it seems illogical that the AI at that dose is working miracles for me but it is.

I have tried all other ways to control estrogen/improve my trt
Dim daa test boosters and a bunch of other natural supplements None made any impact at all.

Iā€™m taking 1/8mg per day Anastrozole

Got it from a research chemical company so for all I know itā€™s something else but whatever it is itā€™s helped me tremendously!

1 Like