What To Do After Training Heavy?

Well, my advice was for a short term, as to answer your question from the title thread, how to restart.
For a longer term, I am not sure what is your goal exactely, but yeah, take a look at some of 5/3/1 programs. You can’t go wrong.

As CT would say: Do the opposite.

So let me see if I understand this correctly: you’ve been training for two weeks, “pretty heavy” whatever that means, the exercises are inconsistent and you feel like you’ve already hit a plateau?

My thoughts are, you haven’t hit a plateau. You need to learn how to program yourself and stick to it. There are a ton of posts and articles on this site for programs if you don’t have the experience to program yourself. Stick to it for months or years and be consistent.

Log your workouts; log your food, both type and quantity. Make sure you’re eating enough. How much protien you eat doesn’t matter if you’re not getting the calories your body needs to grow. How many times you eat per day doesn’t matter if you’re not getting the calories your body needs to grow.

It’s amazing how often people complain to me about how they can’t put on weight or progress in their lifts and when I ask what their diet is like they say “I eat like 6 times a day”. Then I’ll ask “how many calories” with their response of “oh, I don’t know”. I want to face-palm.

1 Like