What to do About Hit and Run Idiot?

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
Stop getting all estrogenic here. You caught him. Now tax him. If he wants to avoid prosecution, put a premium on it. Simple. I’d much rather have $$$ in pocket than bothering with the police, court and getting someone charged. Shut up and pay me. Those are the five words with which you should become familiar.[/quote]

Isn’t this illegal?

[quote]VanderLaan wrote:
I had a similar situation when I was in high school. To this day, I wish I had ignored everyone telling me to be nice and put the screws to that s.o.b. I would urge you to make him pay for his lack of integrity, but let the police handle it. While BodyGuard makes a valid point and it would feel real nice extracting an extra pound of flesh from that asshole, I would not be willing to resort to extortion over a dented fender. [/quote]

You’re wrong. It’s not “extortion”. He is buying his peace. It’s called a “settlement”. He’s making right on the car and paying you for your trouble. How do you think things stay out of court? Extortion implies some bitch falsely yelling rape and offering to accept money not to tell the police. That’s extortion.

Read my lips and repeat so you can execute appropriately in the future when necessary:

“Fuck you, pay me”.