What to Consume After Workout?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
I just have to ask.

How can you possibly have those stats and be asking these questions if you found this site over 2 years ago? How lazy are you?

[/quote]

that’s what happens when you’re afraid of “supplements”

btw- original poster (OP), are you drinking organic chocolate milk? If not, STFU about supplements[/quote]

I dont think that’s the case at all. I know what youre saying, but it’s not the lack of supplements. Plenty of really big guys dont use exotic supplements.

How does one find this site and THEN not take the initiative to learn what it takes to gain muscle? And on top of that have the audacity to ask a dumbass question expecting people to drop their knowledge for free. I dont get it.

I just wanted to know some alternative to not using a supplement after I workout…my bad I guess…

Take a page outta Hungry4more’s book and drink 12 eggs postworkout.

[quote]noahkapoa007 wrote:
I just wanted to know some alternative to not using a supplement after I workout…my bad I guess…[/quote]

How is this even a question???

EAT FUCKING FOOD.

What magical supplements do you think people use post workout? Protein powder isnt a supplement. Get your 50-100g of post workout protein and be on your way. Your choices are beef, turkey, fish, chicken, lamb, eggs, milk, cottage cheese, and beef.

But I guess that had to be written out for you like this is the second grade. The thousands of nutrtion articles just arent enough.

You’re worried about harmless protein powder, but you have no problem drinking chocolate milk?

To gain weight, eat more.

To lose weight, eat less.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
Take a page outta Hungry4more’s book and drink 12 eggs postworkout.[/quote]
uncooked? That’s badass dude…

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
How can you possibly have those stats and be asking these questions if you found this site over 2 years ago? How lazy are you?
[/quote]

…and so take’ith the thread a turn towards tough (newbie) love…

I just wanted to know some alternative to not using a supplement after I workout…my bad I guess…[/quote]

…and so receive’ith the op of tough (newbie) love…

haha sorry 130ish and forbes an actual meal idea unlike ethans?[/quote]

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. I like oatmeal, fruit, chicken and turkey pre-workout. A turkey sandwhich is a good meal about 1-2 hours before your workout depending on how well you tolerate lifting on a full stomach. Also a greek yogurt with some berries mixed in is a nice meal, but if you’re trying to grow you probably need more calories. Maybe greek yogurt, berries, and some peanut butter on sproated grain bread?

Blender-6-10 eggs, as much whole milk as you can fit in bottle, splash of orange juice, cup of oats. Put in a shaker bottle and be on your way. A lot of extra cals and protein, all clean too.

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:
You’re worried about harmless protein powder, but you have no problem drinking chocolate milk?

[/quote]

Some people are out there in left field. My mom says my muscles come from all the “steroids I drink” aka protein powder LOL.

I try to explain to her portein powder is just FOOD, but she won’t listen. Some people are set in their ways however far off they may be.

[quote]Ocelot82 wrote:

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:

[/quote]

Some people are out there in left field. My mom says my muscles come from all the “steroids I drink” aka protein powder LOL.

I try to explain to her portein powder is just FOOD, but she won’t listen. Some people are set in their ways however far off they may be.
[/quote]

I finally got my mom to listen to me when I told her it was basically just milk.

^
My dad refers to my muscle as “whey”, cause I tried to explain to him what goes into protein powder, and he just latched onto the word “whey”, and uses it to refer to anything related to weightlifting. He also calls his muscles “natural”, unlike mine, “cause of all the whey you drink”.
hahahaa

[quote]forbes wrote:

Ummm… I don’t know what OP stands for but if you talking to me my stats WERE back in August 2009

5’10 (Same height)
150 (Same weight, eating is stabilized)
Deadlift 160
Squat 175
Bench 1

Yes they aren’t that great, and I was improving but school got in the way, now that i’m going to university next year I can easily train all year round and I am going to start up again this summer[/quote]

You only bench one pound?

How do you even carry your arms? They must be more than one pound!

I think supplements are in need here.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[quote]The Goose. wrote:
^
My dad refers to my muscle as “whey”, cause I tried to explain to him what goes into protein powder, and he just latched onto the word “whey”, and uses it to refer to anything related to weightlifting. He also calls his muscles “natural”, unlike mine, “cause of all the whey you drink”.
hahahaa[/quote]

One of my friends told me my muscles weren’t “natural” because I had to eat so much food to get them.

Bite the Bullet and Buy some Surge Recovery… Plain and simple and if it kills you

[quote]The Ronin wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
[/quote]

…and so take’ith the thread a turn towards tough (newbie) love…

…and so receive’ith the op of tough (newbie) love…
[/quote]

My bad? My bad?.. I hear Dave Tate’s voice in my head on a rant… watch this video… It’s helpful…

I think this video should be “featured” cause I had to search for it and other’s may not know of it’s exsistence…

Liquid nutrition is the way to go in the peri workout window as it is quickly absorbed… If you want you can blend tuna and O.J. and then a solid meal consisting of 2/3 carbs and 1/3 protein would be a good place to start… 75 grams from steak and then 150 brown rice…

[quote]Kamel wrote:

[quote]The Goose. wrote:
^
hahahaa[/quote]

One of my friends told me my muscles weren’t “natural” because I had to eat so much food to get them.[/quote]

The worst part is that when something this asinine gets said to you, you can’t really defeat it.