What to Buy from Biotest?

I just ordered some new Grow! Whey Protein last night and I’m trying to decide what else to order. I have about forty bucks. I’m brand new to weight lifting, so I don’t know what would give me the biggest benefit. OBVIOUSLY it’s going to vary wildly depending on what I’m looking for, but just to give you a little context:

I weigh 190.6 lbs at 6’3". I’m very much “skinny fat” right now. I started Rippetoe’s starting strength last week and absolutely love it. I’ve been doing the program to the T, including the whole gallon of milk a day. I’m trying to decide between:

Surge Recovery
Surge Workout Fuel
HOT-ROX
L Leucine

Ideally I’d like to drop as much fat as possible while building muscle, but I realize the pitfalls of trying to do both at the same time.

In addition, I’d rather not start an argument about whether or not Starting Strength is a good program OR whether or not I should be drinking a gallon of whole milk a day. I decided to stick with the milk for at least three weeks before I decided to cut it out of my diet or not.

So, any suggestions?

Surge Recovery. Great post-workout formula that’s not horrible for you. And it tastes great! My favorite is chocolate…

[quote]SSC wrote:
Surge Recovery. Great post-workout formula that’s not horrible for you. And it tastes great! My favorite is chocolate…[/quote]

x2

Go with the Surge Workout fuel. I started using it when it they first introduced it. Then, I trained for two weeks without it. I’ve recently ordered enough of it to last me a long time.
Also, give the Rhodiola Rosea a try. It’s good stuff.

The L-Leucine is good stuff too, but it tastes like shit so get used to it. It doesn’t mix well and kinda stays gritty in my shakes.

[quote]timtimmah19 wrote:
SSC wrote:
Surge Recovery. Great post-workout formula that’s not horrible for you. And it tastes great! My favorite is chocolate…

x2[/quote]

x a million! Surge will give you another reason to work out because it’s SO YUMMY!

(I’m feeling cheesy and enthusiastic today:-))

Since you want to build muscle, Surge Recovery OR pop tarts taken post workout with the Grow! you already have/ordered.

Buy Anaconda!!

Oh wait, its not out yet for the general public… sigh

[quote]Tarrius wrote:
I just ordered some new Grow! Whey Protein last night and I’m trying to decide what else to order. I have about forty bucks. I’m brand new to weight lifting, so I don’t know what would give me the biggest benefit. OBVIOUSLY it’s going to vary wildly depending on what I’m looking for, but just to give you a little context:

I weigh 190.6 lbs at 6’3". I’m very much “skinny fat” right now. I started Rippetoe’s starting strength last week and absolutely love it. I’ve been doing the program to the T, including the whole gallon of milk a day. I’m trying to decide between:

Surge Recovery
Surge Workout Fuel
HOT-ROX
L Leucine

Ideally I’d like to drop as much fat as possible while building muscle, but I realize the pitfalls of trying to do both at the same time.

In addition, I’d rather not start an argument about whether or not Starting Strength is a good program OR whether or not I should be drinking a gallon of whole milk a day. I decided to stick with the milk for at least three weeks before I decided to cut it out of my diet or not.

So, any suggestions?[/quote]

My question is. Can you afford what’s really necessary like real food? If yes by all means buy all the supplements you want. I always tell people if your money is limited. Spend then money you can on REAL FOOD.

All the supplements in world won’t help, if you’re eating like a 150 lb person and taking in supplements just cause everyone else is.

Anyways now that I got that out of the way. I’d say go with some Surge recovery. Replenishing glycogen after a workout is very important. Nothings better then liquid recovery drinks.

Haha, yes, I can afford real food. Seems the general consensus is Surge Recovery, so I’m going to order it on Monday when I get paid. Yay!

Don’t rely too heavily on supps, diet and training trump them. Also, if you’re going to use them try and get something you can afford to use regularly.

EVERYTHING

EDIT: Forgot the Y

[quote]timtimmah19 wrote:
SSC wrote:

x2[/quote]

x3

Just buy chocolate stuff. Can’t go wrong.