What the Tea Party is Fundamentally About

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
See what happened at the Douglas County Tea Party…

2nd Verse America National Anthem

that’s the stuff that makes my skin crawl.
The similarity is eerie:

Hitler Youth Singing
[/quote]

I don’t see how. One’s a baritone, the other’s obviously a eneuch.

[quote]Otep wrote:

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
See what happened at the Douglas County Tea Party…

2nd Verse America National Anthem

that’s the stuff that makes my skin crawl.
The similarity is eerie:

Hitler Youth Singing
[/quote]

I don’t see how. One’s a baritone, the other’s obviously a eneuch.[/quote]

LOL.

Not sure what the connection is otherwised supposed to be. Aside from the fact that both are hearfully and beautifully sung.

[quote]katzenjammer wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Just pointing out that we’re not experiencing anything like a libertarian moment. We got some folks who, at the most, want to put the breaks on spending. Wait until some Presidential candidate actually campaigns on slashing entitlements while cutting taxes. Not happening.

We’re seeing backlash against Obama’s overstepping. He just moved too fast. This backslash shouldn’t be confused with real support for shrinking the government actually being put into practice. [/quote]

Sorry, I disagree with you completely Sloth.

My experience among them is that they aren’t worried about Bambi moving too fast - but the very direction in which he’s moving.

For reasons I’ve already recounted, I don’t think libertarianisms captures what this movement is exactly, or particularly well.

Broadly considered, it’s more about Constitutional limits, the identity of America, the importance of the rule of law, the preservation of liberty, etc.

I’m telling you Sloth, these^^ sentiment are visceral and and real and enduring. [/quote]
I gotta go with Sloth on this one guys. The point he is making is that until people are willing to gore their own ox, which attitude I contend is a function of family, it’s quite frankly hypocrisy when it’s all said n done. Not you Katz, but people in general.

STOP THE SPENDING, STOP THE SPENDING!!! CONSTITUTION!!! SMALL GOVERNMENT!!! CUT MY TAXES!!! CUT THE BUDGET!!! Well, except my stuff of course which happen to be the biggest programs of all on every level.

Until Americans are willing and able to live AND retire on their own resources across the board none of this will make any real difference. And that will never happen until we have solid, faithful, self sacrificing families again which will never happen while this country persists in behaving like an oversized whorehouse.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

Until Americans are willing and able to live AND retire on their own resources across the board none of this will make any real difference. And that will never happen until we have solid, faithful, self sacrificing families again which will never happen while this country persists in behaving like an oversized whorehouse. [/quote]

When was this?