T Nation

What the Hell is Wrong with Sanchez?

Is this guy punch drunk or something jesus christ. Really look at his old interviews http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe8tl_diego-sanchez-interview_sport He seems pretty normal. Now go to www.ufc.com click the last video or and the second one. The guy is a nutjob. Always been a fan of his fighting but I never heard his interviews till recently except that real old one. What the hell happened he talks like a retard with a lisp sinc he dropped to 155 and is also a raving lunatic. I saw the clip of him running with his arms down toward the center of the octagon looks like a nutjob there to. Anyone follow his interviews for ahwile was he always this nuts?

He’s always been a little nutty, he hangs out with Dan Quinn (an even bigger nutjob that thinks he created super water or some shit) I just like him cause he always brings it when he fights. Even in TUF 1 he did weird shit like bring yoga cards, he’s always done the bringing the hands up like he’s praying thing, meditating in the rain to absorb its energy? only eating organic, smoking lots of weed, eating 1200 calories to cut to 155? His most recent quest to be even weirder has him doing a bunch of Tony Robbins shot (the giant dude from hallow shal) That’s where the yelling YES! and stuff came from. I’m pretty sure he broke up with his hot girlfriend because he said he wanted more time to train. In an inside mma episode he said he put a bunch of training equipment in his house so he can train more. Long answer to you question but the short version is he has always been nuts.

Correct, he has always been a whack-job.

I think he claimed to be religious, as well, yet left his girlfriend & newborn child for a hotter chick…He also claimed to know nothing about asparagus, when Stephan Bonnar confronted Diego over Diego consuming all the asparagus heads in TUF 1. He supposedly knew nothing about asparagus, yet magically plucked & consumed the asparagus heads, leaving the stems for other people in the house. I always thought that bit was funny…Kind of shows his nutty side, although it’s partly religious hypocrisy with the girlfriend bit, which a lot of people, both nutty & non-nutty, are guilty of.

And he has always been a horrible talker…Another bit from TUF 1, I think, was when Diego quoted Rickson’s lame “Flow with the go” quip, and had a look on his face as if the quote exuded brilliance.

As I said in the other thread: It’s been said before, by fans and fighters alike, Diego Sanchez is probably slightly retarded.

I personally haven’t like him since TUF1 and some of ths stuff he says still makes me cringe , but whatever, he still brings it in all of his fights.

As others have said the guy has always been a horrible smelly douche. Whenever he speaks I wish my ears had eyes so I could claw them out. So I usually just mute him and watch his great fights cuz he brings da heat.

I think it has more to do with a low IQ than anything else.

You could be right about the low IQ bit.

But, with him being a fighter who has entertained me with exciting fights (Although I had to suffer listening to his interviews), I’d like to give him some leeway and assume that’s not the case.

Makes sense. But I went back again and watched the older interview (link in first post). And he really does seemm pretty normal . I am not talking about the dedication and belief in self which is still there. I consider that a good thing required to get to where he is at. but the actual crazyness like not being able to speak(also his voice is higher piched since his move to 55) and his crazy quotes his old ones where just like I’ll be the best in the world which is good got him to where he is.

Now he’s like “Me am the wawrior off deeeeath swinging my nightmare sword of furry”. You think the excess cut could of caused any of this. Because I bet you guys are right and he was always a little screwy but now he can’t speak and I definetly notice the higher pitched voice.

Shit from his newest interview.

“I’m a risky everytime”

“those guys got tired i’ve limetless energy forever”

“and your legs burning yet there wrong”

“and your lungs gasping for air but you don’t givet no oxygen and thats what bj penn is going to feel coming december 12th”

You guys are right it’s not cutting weight this guy is just an idiot. (not just the words he says how retarted and crazy
he looks saying them.

Even more weirdness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kAafvEgAJ8 Still my favorite fighter.

HMm. Thats why it’s weird see in that video he seemed like a normal cool dude to me. What did he do that seemed weird to you? Maybe he just gets super hyped up in interviews or fights and it makes him seem retarted. cuz also people don’t realize but to get very technical at mma (especially bjj) you do need a a lot of intelligence to understand the techniques. Like there are guys who are super explosive athletic but you show em a technique fifty times and they can’t remember it.

[quote]GhorigTheBeefy wrote:
As others have said the guy has always been a horrible smelly douche. Whenever he speaks I wish my ears had eyes so I could claw them out. So I usually just mute him and watch his great fights cuz he brings da heat.[/quote]

LOl.

[quote]dylan10507 wrote:
HMm. Thats why it’s weird see in that video he seemed like a normal cool dude to me. What did he do that seemed weird to you? Maybe he just gets super hyped up in interviews or fights and it makes him seem retarted. cuz also people don’t realize but to get very technical at mma (especially bjj) you do need a a lot of intelligence to understand the techniques. Like there are guys who are super explosive athletic but you show em a technique fifty times and they can’t remember it. [/quote]

Not really no. One of the best guys in the BJJ class just across from my boxing isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, to say the least.

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:

[quote]dylan10507 wrote:
HMm. Thats why it’s weird see in that video he seemed like a normal cool dude to me. What did he do that seemed weird to you? Maybe he just gets super hyped up in interviews or fights and it makes him seem retarted. cuz also people don’t realize but to get very technical at mma (especially bjj) you do need a a lot of intelligence to understand the techniques. Like there are guys who are super explosive athletic but you show em a technique fifty times and they can’t remember it. [/quote]

Not really no. One of the best guys in the BJJ class just across from my boxing isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, to say the least.[/quote]

Helio Gracie actually used to claim that people with the greatest potential for jiu-jitsu are those with low IQ, because they won’t over-think the moves, so techniques will resultingly come more naturally to them.

Always sounded kind of hokey to me, but he was a high-ranking & experienced jiu-jitsu practitioner.

You guys are all common morons, who cant appreciate a unique character.

Like my avatar lol!?

YES YES

[quote]dylan10507 wrote:

“I’m a risky everytime”

“and your lungs gasping for air but you don’t givet no oxygen and thats what bj penn is going to feel coming december 12th”

You guys are right it’s not cutting weight this guy is just an idiot. (not just the words he says how retarted and crazy
he looks saying them.[/quote]

“one time i ate my neighbor’s shit.”

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

[quote]dylan10507 wrote:

“I’m a risky everytime”

he looks saying them.[/quote]

“one time i ate my neighbor’s shit.”[/quote]

FYI, that was an Adam Sandler quote…i don’t eat poop.