T Nation

What the Hell is Going on with My Obliques?

I’ve lurked here a long time, really appreciate all the advice everyone gives. I’m a newbie to lifting for the sake of lifting, but I have lifted for about 5 years for wrestling. Because I’ve always had to stay in a weight class, I never was able to put on any real size, so finally now that my wrestling chapter of life is over I can actually pack on some serious muscle.

I’m following the 5/3/1 routine, I’m 5’7, around 155lbs. But please, tell me what’s going with my obliques? Is this fat? It feels quite solid. Will I never have a slim V taper? Is this is a diet/training issue, or genetics one? Thanks.

What’s wrong with them? I’m not an expert on judging physiques but it looks like they’re coming in just fine. I think you just need to give it some time until your bodyfat % goes down.

You have a miserably narrow rib cage. And narrow shoulders. And youre preggers.

But you have sweet tatz. So who gives a shit if you look like a freak.

amirite guys?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

amirite guys?[/quote]

Why’d you even bother replying?

[quote]jlog wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

amirite guys?[/quote]

Why’d you even bother replying?[/quote]

I found his response funny…now the question is, why did you bother replying?

Because I thought it’d be a helpful reply. Thanks for the advice by the way.

[quote]jlog wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

amirite guys?[/quote]

Why’d you even bother replying?[/quote]

Because I can?

If you werent so ready to be combative you’d be able to see that half of my post explains why your stomach looks like that.

And you are 155 effing lbs…Try actually putting on some mass, things should even out or at least make you look less like a freak.

Thanks for the help guys. Yes, I just stopped being in a weight class so now I can put on mass. Do you think it’s something I can even out by doing that?

I was wondering because I think wrestling might have over developed them. The reason I’m combative is because I’m insecure about it. Making fun of it when I asked for advice nicely was something I was hoping wouldn’t happen.

[quote]jlog wrote:
Thanks for the help guys. Yes, I just stopped being in a weight class so now I can put on mass. Do you think it’s something I can even out by doing that?

I was wondering because I think wrestling might have over developed them. The reason I’m combative is because I’m insecure about it. Making fun of it when I asked for advice nicely was something I was hoping wouldn’t happen.[/quote]

Of course it will even out if you gain mass. Just train heavy, and eat. And about the whole combative thing…come on…you really expected no one to have a few laughs on this board at your expense? It would be a boring world if no one got shit from time to time. Spend a little time here and you’ll see…haha

Add 25 pounds to your frame in a balanced fashion and reassess your situation.

But if you constatnly worry about waist growing even a little bit that will have a negative impact on making gains. You are not fat. And the goal is not to get fat. But do not sabotage muscle gains by trying to keep your waist as small as possible.