What the Hell Happened to Arnold?

Has anyone seen that picture of him at the beach? What happened? This was one of the guys who gave me great motivation after reading parts of his Encyclopedia. I can’t believe someone with the motivation to build his body would let himself go so much.

I believe we have already had this whole thread. This is totally redundant, but arnie is the man. He was arguably the greatest body builder that ever lived, he was a big time actor, and now hes govenor.

it doesnt matter if hes jacked anymore.

the man is getting old like all of us will eventually, so cut him some slack.

First, that picture was taken right after he had heart surgery. I have yet to see someone look like they just finished a bodybuilding contest after going through that. Second, the guy is getting much older. Regardless of how great your genetics are, over the age of 50, trying to maintain all of the muscle you could carry at the age of 25-30 gets much harder to do. Apparently it wasn’t that much of a problem because he was in shape for Terminator 3. I don’t understand why anyone would get that caught up over a picture taken of only one moment in time. I have seen some very fat pictures of competitive bodybuilders in the off season. Should they be judged by how they look when not competing?

He had heart surgery and aged…even Superman isn’t immortal.

I believe that picture is a fake.

Prof.X is right on. Its called “life” bro. Priorities change sometimes…not to mention surgery! I had a small one in December and was hospitalized for a week. Couldn’t train for two months and looked like crap.
On the road to a upcoming contest now. Priorities and “seasons of life”.

skrying is right, there is a fake photo floating abound the internet right now.

[quote]provy07 wrote:
Has anyone seen that picture of him at the beach? What happened? This was one of the guys who gave me great motivation after reading parts of his Encyclopedia. I can’t believe someone with the motivation to build his body would let himself go so much.[/quote]

I agree with provy and have to disagree with profX, at least when it comes to this one instance with Arnold. Short of amputation it doesn’t matter what kind of surgery he had, if he was even training at 50% of max you would see “some” sign of having a decent shape post-op. T3 was shot 4-5 years ago, he definitely has let the stress of politics/life get to him since then.

I’m not taking anything away from The Man BTW - don’t get me wrong. I really look up to him, being a poor immigrant with a dream. He’s squeezed blood out of granite with all the success he had in life. Still, I’ve seen several average Joes well into their 50’s and early 60’s maintain a much tighter physique than Arnold. I’m not saying he needs to maintain anywhere close to the same body comp as he was when he was The Champ, but while he was organizing The Arnold Classic, he missed the Aging Gracefully Expo. For all that talk about how his pumps were better than sex, we know he isn’t pumping much of at least one thing!

Respectfully,

Top-MI-Sirloin

I just saw that photo yesterday and I’m thinking too that it’s either been “doctored” or was taken right after his surgery. I saw Arnold pretty close in person at the Classic in Columbus back in March and even though he wasn’t running around in a Speedo, trust me, the guy is a lot tighter than that.

Also if you see the 25th anniversary edition of pumping iron that was released in nov '03 he still has some decent size. But his old rival Lou Ferrigno is still crazy big, you have to watch the special features part of the DVD that shows the impact Arnold had on movies and entertainment. There is a little reunion part that Lou looks great in, i’m not sure how old he is but i dont think he is more then a year or two younger then Arnold.

I prefer to sit in silence and contemplate the Arnold of old–awsome!

Just watched Conan again over the Memorial Day weekend. Man that movie holds up, it was the perfect role for him.

Well, I’m not Californian, but I’m sure the Californians would prefer Arnold trying his best at being governor than being vain and letting Cali go to shits. Or more shits, I guess. And I guess it’s like that famous poem or something, “To an athlete dying young” He peaked, he was the best, and it’ll look pathetic if he kept on trying to look his best, like an old fogey who can’t let go of his ego and past glory. Not to mention I think using roids is harder now as governor. Not sure, but might be a guess.

TS

It’s called politics…It erodes the body…Just look at before and after pics of previous presidents (e.g. Clinton, Bush, etc…). His cortisol levels are probably off the charts.