What The F**k Is Yogurt

I here people vaguely state cottage is for night time cos it has mainly casein and yoghurt is for pre and post training cos it is mainly whey, ie. casein is slow absorbing and whey is fast. Is this true about the make up of these different pro sources?

No one seems to properly entirely but I know test will have been conducted to calculate the % of each protein in yoghurt…I just cant find the answer. I have also tried to search for it on this board and website with no luck. Please can someone help!!!

[quote]Rich Hand wrote:
I here people vaguely state cottage is for night time cos it has mainly casein and yoghurt is for pre and post training cos it is mainly whey, ie. casein is slow absorbing and whey is fast. Is this true about the make up of these different pro sources?
[/quote]

yogurt is a cultured milk product. The protien in it is a mixture of casein and whey in the same ratio as supplied in milk.

[quote]cycomiko wrote:
Rich Hand wrote:

yogurt is a cultured milk product. The protien in it is a mixture of casein and whey in the same ratio as supplied in milk.[/quote]

Milk is 80% casein / 20% whey.

Some yogurts add a very small amount of Whey protein so I would guess that the ratio is closer to 70% casein & 30% Whey protein.

Hope that helps.