What the F*#@ is Wrong With Me?

[quote]njrusmc wrote:

1. Read all the labels on your supps. I dont know what you are taking but check if there are any strange side effects from any.

2. Are you eating enough? Being tired is a sign of overtraining/undereating.

3. What they said; get checked out.[/quote]

takeing.
HOT-ROX extreme

generic fishoil

generic Zinc+magnesium

(generic being stuff you get from holland and barret which is basically the same as GNC, ie there own brand stuff)

multivit

Norateen II

protein from http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-supplies/flavoured-protein/whey-blend-(5lb)-(refill)/

[quote]njrusmc wrote:

1. Read all the labels on your supps. I dont know what you are taking but check if there are any strange side effects from any.

2. Are you eating enough? Being tired is a sign of overtraining/undereating.

3. What they said; get checked out.[/quote]

in reply to question 2

yesterday my macro breakdown was

calories 2739
Fat: 163 grams 1467 calories 54% of diet
Carbs: 137 grams 471 calories 17% of diet
Protein: 196 grams 783 calories 29% of diet

im 20stone 10, 6ft2. i did a 1 hour chest and back 5x5 session yesterday. is this enough food or too much food?

Scott

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
yesterday my macro breakdown was

calories 2739
Fat: 163 grams 1467 calories 54% of diet
Carbs: 137 grams 471 calories 17% of diet
Protein: 196 grams 783 calories 29% of diet

im 20stone 10, 6ft2. i did a 1 hour chest and back 5x5 session yesterday. is this enough food or too much food?

Scott[/quote]
Read this.
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=460331

And this.
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1793585

Hopefully some others on here can steer you towards some other articles. Read them.

I’m still a nutrition novice. I did a calculation on myself the other day and found that I need 3700 cals just to NOT lose weight with the workouts I’m doing. (A modified version of Rippitoes) I’m 193lbs, over 6’ tall, and 28.

You’re young and probably more active than me. In short, I don’t think you’re eating enough, but I would listen to others before myself.

I find it hard to consume as many cals as I need. There are some calorie bomb creations on here. Look in the T-Cell Alpha forum for a recipe thread. Also look at Jehovahsfitness’s posts and find the recipe for his “balls.” Jehovah’s balls are great.

And go to the doctor. Bleeding gums are not normal.

Have you had your viral load checked? What time do you get to bed every night? Have you been on a lot of antibiotics in the past? How is your digestion? Any chemical exposures recently?

[quote]rehabman28 wrote:
have you had your viral load checked? What time do you get to bed every night? Have you been on a lot of antibiotics in the past? How is your digestion? Any chemical exposures recently?[/quote]

dont know what my viral load is… so no

usually go to bed after 12 but before 2am, i thought my sleep was being disrupted by the fact my curtains where i am now are crap and theres a street light outside my house. so my rooms aint exactly pitch black at night

never had a serious infection… so to the best of my knowledge i have never been on lots of antibiotics.

digestion seems to be ok… no stomach pain or anything but i wouldnt really know what to look for thou.

chemical exposures… im not sure, what would that include? i work with cleaning chemicals at work, but that was after i started getting bleeding gums…

Scott

The more and more i read about Sleep apnoea, i get convinced its what i might have…

doesnt explain the bleeding gums but explains everything else

seems the cure is losing weight which i am doing… but ive been heavier and never had this problem, so y act up now?

[quote]DickBag wrote:
Maybe you just hate being home?

give it some time i reckon?

its not like you have much choice. go to the doc any ways.[/quote]

i dont “hate” being home, but im not really enjoying it as much aqs i hoped i would. life in a big city is awesome, something to do 24/7 but now im back in a sleepy little town with nothing to do at anytime. :stuck_out_tongue:

doc on wednesday i hope.

if the docter expects it to be Sleep apnoea, is there any point getting a sleep study done or just continue to loose weight and use stimulants during the day?

This has been playing on my mind all day now!!!

Is it safe for me to sleep? my throat closing in my sleep doesnt really put my mind at ease.

Scott

Seriously ‘thosebananas’, get bloodwork done ASAP. This could be thousands of things, but a few of the possible causes could be VERY serious. You want to rule those out IMMEDIATELY! Go to the emergency room if you have to, but make sure whoever fills out the bloodwork form is very thorough. Make sure they check for everything they think it could possibly be.

Since it seems you’re fairly young, we can all relate. You probably don’t realize that some things can be life-threatening when you don’t even feel that terrible.

I had something like that when I was younger. I just had a few red dots from internal bleeding on my arms and feet. I got a few nosebleeds and bleeding gums. Nosebleeds weren’t out of the ordinary for me. However, I got bloodwork done when i saw the red marks, and it saved my life. I had a blood disorder called idopathic thrombocytopenia, and my platelet levels were about 1/500th of normal. This means if I was cut, the cut would get worse like a crack in a dam. If I so much as bumped my head lightly on something, I could have died. Through all this I felt 100%. You never know, and you can’t be too careful when something like this comes up.

And when you mentioned that your multivitamin contains 90% of your recommended vitamin c intake, that implied to me that you’re not eating nearly enough fruit & vegetables. I can also tell by your skin tone, you need to kick it up a notch. When you have snacks between meals, make it a piece of fruit or a handful of vegetables. Make sure you eat in excess of what most nutritional guides recommend. Believe me, you will feel better, perform better, and if you do eat well enough, you will never be sick! I haven’t been sick in ages, and im not a naturally healthy man!

Remember, there is a huge difference between getting your nutrition from a pill and getting your nutrition from fresh food!

P.S. - My blood disorder stayed around for years. Awhile ago I started eating alot of fresh meat, whole grains, and tons of fruits and vegetables. I made sure the air quality in my house was good by taking out the carpets and getting plants. This blood disorder is supposed to stay around your whole life. It’s gone.

sounds like a case of the ghey to me…

[quote]Tstud_9 wrote:
sounds like a case of the ghey to me…[/quote]

x2

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
I dont feel ill…

however i forgot to stick in another symtom

i wake up some mornings and have stains on my teeth, ive only realised in the last week that my gums are bleeding during the night… which i was going to go see a dentist about.
this never happened in glasgow, so its started in the last 2 weeks…

also the last time i sleep walked was when i was 5 and was sick, but suddenly to do it twice in one week when im not perceiving myself to be ill…

recap:
no sexual urge
grumpy
short tempered
tired all the time
trouble sleeping
sudden sleep walking
bleeding gums at night
day dreaming
short term memory worse

[/quote]

go see a doctor and have him run blood tests for
test levels both serum and free test
e2 levels and other hormones

also maybe ask him about this and not us on the internet cause you know I will tell you that you do have PMS
and you need to wash the sand out of your vag

sounds like you’re tired, and it sounds like you’re a whingeing baby.

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
thosebananas wrote:
but ive been heavier and never had this problem, so y act up now?

Perhaps because the mattress/pillow combo that you have recently moved to, is exacerbating the issue?[/quote]

ive went from a soft mattress hard pillow combo to a hard mattress soft pillow combo… so the complete opposite.

rang the docters today… they are now operating a appointment on the day scheme, ie you cant book an appointment for later in the week. you have to ring up on theday and try to get one… WTF. it opens at 8.30 and ill be the first on the phone tomorrow!

got 10 hours sleep last night. completly knackered today… its kind of a new tiredness, like im really far inside my own head looking out.

i only felt “awake” today half way through my gym session.

Scott

[quote]AndrewBolinger wrote:
Seriously ‘thosebananas’, get bloodwork done ASAP. This could be thousands of things, but a few of the possible causes could be VERY serious. You want to rule those out IMMEDIATELY! Go to the emergency room if you have to, but make sure whoever fills out the bloodwork form is very thorough. Make sure they check for everything they think it could possibly be.

Since it seems you’re fairly young, we can all relate. You probably don’t realize that some things can be life-threatening when you don’t even feel that terrible.

I had something like that when I was younger. I just had a few red dots from internal bleeding on my arms and feet. I got a few nosebleeds and bleeding gums. Nosebleeds weren’t out of the ordinary for me. However, I got bloodwork done when i saw the red marks, and it saved my life. I had a blood disorder called idopathic thrombocytopenia, and my platelet levels were about 1/500th of normal. This means if I was cut, the cut would get worse like a crack in a dam. If I so much as bumped my head lightly on something, I could have died. Through all this I felt 100%. You never know, and you can’t be too careful when something like this comes up.

And when you mentioned that your multivitamin contains 90% of your recommended vitamin c intake, that implied to me that you’re not eating nearly enough fruit & vegetables. I can also tell by your skin tone, you need to kick it up a notch. When you have snacks between meals, make it a piece of fruit or a handful of vegetables. Make sure you eat in excess of what most nutritional guides recommend. Believe me, you will feel better, perform better, and if you do eat well enough, you will never be sick! I haven’t been sick in ages, and im not a naturally healthy man!

Remember, there is a huge difference between getting your nutrition from a pill and getting your nutrition from fresh food!

P.S. - My blood disorder stayed around for years. Awhile ago I started eating alot of fresh meat, whole grains, and tons of fruits and vegetables. I made sure the air quality in my house was good by taking out the carpets and getting plants. This blood disorder is supposed to stay around your whole life. It’s gone.[/quote]

cheers for your story… its made me a tad more worried, but i suppose that wont hurt!

im eating 4-6 meals a day with the same or more “volume” of veg as meat.

about a week or so before i started feeling shite i started eating ALOT more veg and tried stuff that i thought i didnt like etc, so i think my diet is now a bit healthier than before.

i dont get “sick”, just the odd sniffle etc. but i didnt miss a day of school for 6 years apart from one day when i broke my ankle.

but ur right i cant be too careful, the only health concerns in my family line is Irritabil Bowl Syndrome and Angina. on both sides i think. i dont think it could be linked to either of these in any way…!!!

Scott

Please change your avatar I am trying to eat

LOL.