T Nation

What the F*#@ is Wrong With Me?

I didnt know where to post this…

but, over the last week since ive moved back to ireland i have been really grumpy all the time (getting annoyed by simple little things), feeling tired all the time but not being able to get to sleep at night, short term memory seems to be affected a bit,

I get distracted really easily now, i catch myself day dreaming for long spells all the time, even when i sleep for 8-10hours i wake up feeling nackered… and the one thing that has weirded me out the most. ive sleep walked twice since i got home and i only think ive sleep walked once before in my life…

nothing has really changed in my diet or supps. im training the same and as hard as ever…

What the hell is wrong with me?

PMS.

Well as I’m male i dont think that could affect me…

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
i didnt know where to post this…

But, over the last week since ive moved back to ireland i have been really grumpy all the time (getting annoyed by simple little things), feeling tired all the time but not being able to get to sleep at night, short term memory seems to be affected a bit, i get distracted really easily now, i catch myself day dreaming for long spells all the time, even when i sleep for 8-10hours i wake up feeling nackered… and the one thing that has weirded me out the most. ive sleep walked twice since i got home and i only think ive sleep walked once before in my life…

nothing has really changed in my diet or supps. im training the same and as hard as ever…

What the hell is wrong with me?[/quote]

Could be a lot of things, but I would suspect stress to be a major factor. In my understanding (based on a BA in Psychology, which doesn’t make me an expert by any means) there are two types of stress - good stress (eustress) and bad stress (distress). Both have an affect on the body.

Too much of either, or both combined, can lead to bad things such as the symptoms you are reporting. I would suspect moving, along with all the upheaval that comes with it, would cause a significant amount of both.

Sleeping is hard sometimes, especially if you are stressed. When it is time to quit at the end of the day and I have a lot on my mind, I tell myself “there’s nothing more you can do today that is going to push you towards your goals. You need to get some good sleep to recharge your body so you can hit it again tomorrow.”

I would also check your diet. Are you getting enough calories? Lifting hard will take the fight right out of you, and if you aren’t replacing the spent energy with more fuel, you are going to crash.

I would also consider having more sex/masturbating more. A lot more.

Cheers for the reply… i moved back from uni for the summer. so its not like its a new place with new friends to make etc…

i have some money worries i suppose but all students do

my training log is here. im low carbing but i think im getting enough food. it details everything i do and exactly what i eat and when.
http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2231814&pageNo=3

this is going to sound weird as fuck… but ive had little or no urge to masterbate recently… which is odd for me. i have been doing it anyway, kind of out of boredom :S

Could just be a little virus of some sort that your body is fighting off.

I’d say that the sleepwalking may have to do with you sleeping more deeply than usual. If you’ve done it once before, it’s obviously something you’re prone to.

But like flightspeed, I’m not a doctor, so take it for what it’s worth, which is very little.

Maybe a real doctor’s visit is in order?

I dont feel ill…

however i forgot to stick in another symtom

i wake up some mornings and have stains on my teeth, ive only realised in the last week that my gums are bleeding during the night… which i was going to go see a dentist about.
this never happened in glasgow, so its started in the last 2 weeks…

also the last time i sleep walked was when i was 5 and was sick, but suddenly to do it twice in one week when im not perceiving myself to be ill…

recap:
no sexual urge
grumpy
short tempered
tired all the time
trouble sleeping
sudden sleep walking
bleeding gums at night
day dreaming
short term memory worse

Scurvy?

I hope not… my multivit has 90% rda of vitamin c in it

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
i dont feel ill…

however i forgot to stick in another symtom

i wake up some mornings and have stains on my teeth, ive only realised in the last week that my gums are bleeding during the night… which i was going to go see a dentist about.
this never happened in glasgow, so its started in the last 2 weeks…

also the last time i sleep walked was when i was 5 and was sick, but suddenly to do it twice in one week when im not perceiving myself to be ill…

recap:
no sexual urge
grumpy
short tempered
tired all the time
trouble sleeping
sudden sleep walking
bleeding gums at night
day dreaming
short term memory worse
[/quote]

Stains on your teeth from bleeding and all the rest…and you’re posting on the internet about it so everyone can make crazy, uninformed guesses? Go to the doctor.

Climate adaption?

docter = being refered to a specialist = takeing at least 3 months before anyone offers me advice.

the NHS is a joke in Northen Ireland. i was hopeing for some sort of advice about what might be the cause and possible treatment.

i was putting it down to just a week long blip or maybe overtraining…

[quote]G87 wrote:
Climate adaption?[/quote]

scotland to northern ireland is EXACTLY the same climate. :stuck_out_tongue:

…look, this can be serious and you should get bloodwork done asap. Are you experiencing loss of appetite aswell? Just a touch of nausea throughout the day? If so, then demand a bloodtest from your doctor, you don’t need a referal for that, do you? Don’t be stupid, get yourself checked out!

Get yourself to a doctor. Us internet folks can only speculate, and speculation doesn’t help.

[quote]ephrem wrote:
…look, this can be serious and you should get bloodwork done asap. Are you experiencing loss of appetite aswell? Just a touch of nausea throughout the day? If so, then demand a bloodtest from your doctor, you don’t need a referal for that, do you? Don’t be stupid, get yourself checked out![/quote]

quite the oppossite, insane hunger. more that usual, but i have been trying not to give in.

no nausea.

im going to ring up and make an appointment tomorrow.

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
docter = being refered to a specialist = takeing at least 3 months before anyone offers me advice.

the NHS is a joke in Northen Ireland. i was hopeing for some sort of advice about what might be the cause and possible treatment.

i was putting it down to just a week long blip or maybe overtraining…[/quote]

Okay, well, what you’re hearing is that you’ve been feeling anxious and worried about your symptoms for good reason. Since we’re not doctors and can’t run your blood work to rule out mono and thyroid issues…and…whatever else doctors rule out, we can only tell you that yeah, that sounds concerning.

If it’s going to take three months to see a doc…you should start on that process now.

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
ephrem wrote:
…look, this can be serious and you should get bloodwork done asap. Are you experiencing loss of appetite aswell? Just a touch of nausea throughout the day? If so, then demand a bloodtest from your doctor, you don’t need a referal for that, do you? Don’t be stupid, get yourself checked out!

quite the oppossite, insane hunger. more that usual, but i have been trying not to give in.

no nausea.

im going to ring up and make an appointment tomorrow. [/quote]

Ok, good.

…good, and don’t forget to keep us posted…

  1. Read all the labels on your supps. I dont know what you are taking but check if there are any strange side effects from any.

  2. Are you eating enough? Being tired is a sign of overtraining/undereating.

  3. What they said; get checked out.