What The Deuce!?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
RaferAlston26 wrote:
Mikel0428 wrote:
caffeine prior to workout, and carbs before and after. I had similar issues until I started adding Surge to my regimen. Spike Shooters are incredible as well, I guarantee you will not yawn.

If you’re taking supplements to ignore body signals don’t you think that’s a bad idea? That’s like dumbing down your body signals. Yeah Surge is there to help you build mass and keep you energetic, but if you’re burnt out you need to take a break. Not everyone should train 3-4 times a week non-stop for god knows how many months.

Are you being serious? Had I thought like you all of the way through school, I would have simply stopped lifting altogether. There were many nights I was getting about 3 hours worth of sleep. I also trained on average about 6 days a week. While I am not saying everyone has the genetics to recover quickly from a training session, the belief that everyone is that fragile that they need time off every few weeks is also false. It is an individual need and blanket statements should be avoided. There were many times that Ripped Fuel was used either to study all night for exams or to hit the gym. Welcome to the life of a grad student or a student at any professional school from law school to med school. In those circumstances, you either adapt to that way of life or you give up having any sort of life outside of studying.

I find it funny that students across the country are drinking coffee by the gallon or drinking energy drinks like they are going out of style but if anyone associates taking caffeine with lifting weights, suddenly it should be avoided.[/quote]

If you had quit weight lifting all together then you must have been weak willed. I’ve read several articles that recommend taking breaks. When you weight lift you aren’t only training your muscles, but if you want to take supplements to ignore body signals be my guest. Hell I’ve read an article about a guy who weight trains once every 6 weeks.

If you want to train 3-6 times a week for 12 months straight be my guest. I really don’t care what the hell you’re doing to your body. Just because you’re making gains in strength doesn’t mean anything. That has no biological value. If he’s burning himself out, he should take a break not ignore it and take energy supplements. Period.

On a side note, I don’t support drinking coffee. I think if you need it to stay awake you need to reorganize your lifestyle. That’s just my opinion though.

Also, the fact that people are drinking coffee or are drinking energy drinks to be able to stay awake during their lives usually leads to major burnouts whether you’re working at a job or in the gym. This won’t happen to everyone but there’s nothing wrong with taking a break.

The fact that you’re so opposed to it, sounds like you need to take one. Taking one week off won’t kill your strength or muscle mass. If anything it may help it. You don’t have to do it after every phase, I chose too. I would rather ensure that everything else has recovered after 6 weeks of working out my muscle 4 times a week. Not only muscles but organs also.

So relax it was just a recommendation. He doesn’t have to but if you’re taking supplements to ignore body signals regardless of the situation you have a problem. If you’re that obsessed with weight training be my guest.

[quote]burning ice wrote:

my diet and sleeping schedule has been pretty darn impeccable…
[/quote]

details?

[quote]RaferAlston26 wrote:

If you had quit weight lifting all together then you must have been weak willed. [/quote]

Comprehension, you may want to work on it. The point made was that all of the way through school, if I had judged my gym effort based on whether I felt tired sometimes, I might as well have given up on training. I don’t know your educational background or your work history. However, it is a safe bet that if you can’t understand why someone would take caffeine or drink coffee for a training session, that things have been fairly easy thus far for you in comparison to someone who works as well as goes to school full time and still trains regularly.

[quote]
I’ve read several articles that recommend taking breaks. When you weight lift you aren’t only training your muscles, but if you want to take supplements to ignore body signals be my guest. [/quote]

Who is “ignoring body signals”?

[quote]

If you want to train 3-6 times a week for 12 months straight be my guest. I really don’t care what the hell you’re doing to your body. Just because you’re making gains in strength doesn’t mean anything. That has no biological value. If he’s burning himself out, he should take a break not ignore it and take energy supplements. Period.[/quote]

Being tired does not mean you are burned out. It means you are tired. Based on your goals in life, sometimes you work around that.

[quote]

On a side note, I don’t support drinking coffee. I think if you need it to stay awake you need to reorganize your lifestyle. That’s just my opinion though. [/quote]

Again, you sound like someone who has never had to work through “feeling tired” to do what needs to be done. If people reorganized their lifestyles every time they felt tired, there would be no doctors, lawyers or several other random professionals. Going to school for those things is no breezy walk through the park.