T Nation

What T-Nation Program Are You On?

What T-Nation program are you on, if any? And is it working?

Currently I’m on OVT, but the 3 times i have done the workouts i haven’t been very sore at all. I know thats not neccesarily a good indicator of a good workout, but i also know the harder i work, the more sore i get…

Currently I am doing Outlaw Strength Training, and so far it is incredible, great way to build strength and endurance at the same time. As CW puts it, you will be an “ass-stomping machine” when done with this program.

P.S. If you are looking for a program to be sore after, this is it.

Just finished Training for Easy-Hard Gainers, now on the first week of the Waterbury Method.

Progress is great!

Currently I am 5 weeks into CT’s 8weeks to a record bench program. This man knows what works. I have trained several programs in the last two to three years, from bodybuilding focus to mass and power type. In the last 5weeks I have put 45 pounds on to my 1RM and it feels great, thank you CT. CURRENT STATS: 190 lbs 8-9% body fat 6’2" 295 bench 375 squat 315 DL

I’m currently using the 10x3 method for one exercise each workout and then compound exercises for 3x5 for other muscle groups. It’s a slightly modified version of the WM as I am trying for max strength gains without huge gains in size. It’s been working well, all my lifts have been increasing and I am in the middle of the third week.

Finished the Waterbury Method about 5 weeks ago, then did JPC’s Tri-Set routine, now I’m doing my own thing (things I’ve learned from the contributors on this site) which is a strength focused block.

Danny

I’m on the Off Week…

Waterbury Method.

OSC

I used westside for skinny bastards in the fall, worked well for a newbie as it was very formulaic- one fault i realize now, it really wasn’t too revolutionary or different from most peoples regular lifting style as for its execution (sets reps arrangement) so I think 12 weeks of it was too much.

After Thanksgiving started using meltdown traing I. This program was great- vertical training arrangements- doing a sets of different exercises before going back to first- really spiced up the lifting and got me in better condition. Lost alot of fat and gained some strength and muscle.

Since then I have basically been designing my own workouts, primarily based one functional strength- Lacrosse season starts in a couple days.
Sometimes this works well too.

Week 5 of TBT.

When it is finished, a week off for spring break, and then Quattro Dynamo.

That brings me to April, with a large gut. I am leaning towards Meltdown Training and Running Man to take care of that.

I am in the second week of the Shoulders Overhaul program. I am doing one of poliquins arm programs and legs and chest/back, just some stuff that alphaboy (training partner when times permit) recommended. I dont think its anything special from this site, just a mix of things. The shoulder program is going well at the moment. It is one area that i wanted to focus on instead of the typical areas you see most gym users doing. The SO program is broken into 2 4 week blocks, the first is an accumulation (2 workouts a week) and the second an intensification (1 workout a week). I have taken pics when i started it and I will take pics when i finish it. THe rest of my training is an intensification type fo program. Im unsure of what my next program will be, I think I will try some things from this site again. I feel really good, motivated and enthused about going to the gym. Sorry, this is a long post for this tpic but someone out there might have some advice for me…

Getting ready for week 3 of Waterbury’s TBT. It’s good stuff, and I believe it’ll be effective as I’ve only ever worked each major muscle group once per week (split routine) since I started lifting. It’s been a great change; doesn’t get stale, and keeps you hungry.

What do you guys think of something like TBT versus split training? I’m working out with a new guy from work and he doesn’t think he can get a good work out unless he focuses on one muscle per day and uses 4-5 lifts for that muscle. Prior to working out with him I was doing TBT and making gains but he seems to think he knows more… being that I’m not a guy. Comments?

[quote]SicTorn wrote:
What do you guys think of something like TBT versus split training? I’m working out with a new guy from work and he doesn’t think he can get a good work out unless he focuses on one muscle per day and uses 4-5 lifts for that muscle. Prior to working out with him I was doing TBT and making gains but he seems to think he knows more… being that I’m not a guy. Comments?[/quote]

I seriously doubt this guy knows more than CW. Just because he’s a man doesn’t mean he knows more about lifting than you! Does he read T-Nation? If not then tell him to shut up and do TBT!

Currently on convergent Phase training, old Charley Staley.

Love it. 2 weeks gone, 10 weeks left. squat currently 330 for 3’s, need to get it to 400 by the end.

bench 230 for 4’s. want 1rm 260.

thinl i can do it?

CT’s Powerlifting Pendulum Week 1. I know its supposed to be structual but damn… I hurt like a muther fucker. Holding 255 at the bottom of a squat for 6 seconds feels like forever! I have done this program once before (about a year ago) and got some great results so I am doing it again. One thing though … you MUST have a workout partner if you are gonna try this workout.

One Lift a Day, All the way!

This stuff rocks!

[quote]miniross wrote:
Currently on convergent Phase training, old Charley Staley.

Love it. 2 weeks gone, 10 weeks left. squat currently 330 for 3’s, need to get it to 400 by the end.

bench 230 for 4’s. want 1rm 260.

thinl i can do it?[/quote]

If you want it bad enough, and it sounds like you do, you will get it. Never settle for anything but the top. As our good friend Winston Churchill said, “Never, never, never give up.”

The Waterbury Method

1st week 5th day…starting in 15 minutes.