What Supplements Do You Recommend?

[quote]spence28732 wrote:
Now, what’s with the “eye roll”. Is all this stuff on these web sites----
Lifewave | Elevate, Activate, Regenerate and
www.energypatches4u.com — nothing but bs?[/quote]

Please read your own quote:

… they increase energy and strength endurance, wihin minutes of putting the patches on, by 20-40% (a lot more for some people).

This is done with nanotechnology, and nothing enters the body – no chemicals or other substances.[/quote]

Uh huh. Yes, that sounds so believable. Wait, let me turn off my brian. OK, now it sounds believable.

spence:

I don’t know how old you are. I assumed that you were over 35 because of the section you are in. I apologize for that assumption.

Allow me to post an add directly from a Bodybuilding magazine circa 1993. Keepin mind I could have grabbed any of the old BB mags I have in a box in the attic (hey they might be worth something someday lol) This add is on a brand new breakthrough product called “Electro Aloe.” You probably never heard of this product as I doubt that it’s even produced anymore. If it is I am sure they don’t sell very much of it. The early 90’s had a short but profitably “Aloevera” craze. Many benefited from it…the ones who sold it that is! Do you remember the Aloevera craze? No? How about the Vanadal Sulfate craze? No? How about the Hot Stuff craze? No? Okay, I could go on and on and on…Here is the add:

“Intense training requires perfect functioning of muscle tissue in an environment that will help the tissue work harder. Muscle movement and adaptive response are conditioned by the balance of electron messengers in the tissue. Tough exercise sessions, however deplete electrolyte stores through perspiration, causing a loss in muscular coordination and impaired performance. You need “Electro Aloe!” Electro Aloe allows you to feel stronger as your exercise session gets tougher!”

Bodybuilders benefiting from this special drink include WNBF pros Johnny Green and Mike Uzar, among many others… "

The add goes on to state that this product has been “Tested and Proven” in numerous lab studies.

As to the product in question: Whenever I see a product that is supposed to increase your workout productivity by 20% to 30% by placing nothing in your system I’m a skeptic! Why? Becuase I have been reading these sorts of adds for almost 35 years. The only thing that the product does is place your money in the marketers pocket. It is very efficient at that!

The reason that it has the endorsements that it does is because the people making the product pay people to say that it works. Ever watch TV and see a celebrity talkig about how good product X is? Do you really believe them? No, of course you don’t. You know that they were paid to say what they said. It’s a great little system. The company makes money the celeb makes money and you…oh wait. You don’t make any money. And you don’t get any benefits from the product either. Dang…well it’s almost a perfect system!

When you get finised “testing” that product I have a can of “Universal Quick Fix” sitting in the attic next to the old BB mags. I’ll give it to you for half price. What? It has African Kola and Octacosanol and other “energy boosters.” It was proven to work back in 1990! Dang…think it’s to late to get my money back?

Caveat Emptor-Let the buyer beware!

I figured the only way to get a REAL answer was to try them. I called someone at Gold’s Gym who got me some. I went down to pick them up and he tried a test with and without the patches on me.

I warmed up a little and then did my max on bench presees, which was five at 245 pounds (don’t laugh, I know most of you can do more).

He put the pathes on me, rested 2-3 minutes and tried again. GOT 10 AT THE SAME WEIGHT!

Well, turn my brain off, I bought a month’s supply for $85, and feel smarter for it.

Just one last question. HAVE YOU TRIED THEM OR TESTED THEM?

Until you do … until you take the time to read about the product like I did … until you are willing to open your mind to something new …

What are you afaid of? The damn things aren’t going to shrink your balls. If you are not right, what have you lost? If you are wrong…?

Thanks for your very “objective” opinion.

I figured the only way to get a REAL answer was to try them. I called someone at Gold’s Gym who got me some. I went down to pick them up and he tried a test with and without the patches on me.

I warmed up a little and then did my max on bench presees, which was five at 245 pounds (don’t laugh, I know most of you can do more).

He put the pathes on me, rested 2-3 minutes and tried again. GOT 10 AT THE SAME WEIGHT!

Well, turn my brain off, I bought a month’s supply for $85, and feel smarter for it.

Until you do … until you take the time to read about the product like I did … until you are willing to open your mind to something new …

What are you afaid of? The damn things aren’t going to shrink your balls. If you are not right, what have you lost? If you are wrong…?

[/quote]

The placebo effect can be a wonderful and powerful thing.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
The placebo effect can be a wonderful and powerful thing.[/quote]

Yeah, I have a prescription for that stuff!

[/quote]

spence:

Glad it worked for you, continued success!

That’s funny. They have double blind studies conducted by universities and other clinical studies that prove that the patches work. 34% with the LifeWave patch, 4% with the placebo patch and 2% increase with the “no patch” group.

Of course, you would know this if you took the time to learn a little bit instead of burying your head in the ground.