What Should Training Be Like for These Goals?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Broseph21 wrote:

I’ve seen some videos of pre-contest pros where they’re piss weak.[/quote]

Links?[/quote]

Here’s Jay pushing some sissy weight for the next Olympia: - YouTube

2009 class > 2011 class

Mark it.

I only watched 3 mins because this shit is perma loading like a motherfucker, but based on what he said… 60 reps with 315, after pre-exhaust is sissy weight now?

[quote]Broseph21 wrote:

[quote]Broseph21 wrote:

Links?[/quote]

Here’s Jay pushing some sissy weight for the next Olympia: - YouTube [/quote]
10 Keys to a World-Record Bench Press -

[quote]Broseph21 wrote:

[quote]Broseph21 wrote:

Links?[/quote]

how many times can you rep a 315lb squat?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]bendthebar wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Oh so you want functional muscle? Why didnt you say so…

Youve arrived at the right place. Im not really sure how to create functional muscle but I’m postive there are hundreds of people here who think they know how to. [/quote]

hey man thank you for understanding! Yep functional not to play in a sport, but for a real fight, to be able to take almost any hit to any part of the body, to be able to punch the hardest and the fastest(should I ever fight myself in a dispute) and to lift any load easily and frequently(thinking about a warehouse job and sick of my dad telling me he’s stronger than me because he works a handyman job and can outlast me carrying heavy loads). I would add being able to sprint a mile, but that’s a loooonnnnng way to go and a much loooonger shot.[/quote]

Hmm. I see. Hard punches and being able to lift non-barbell shaped objects. You’re in the right place. You would have gotten flamed to death if you posted in the Combat forum or in the Strongman forum. And dont poke your head in the Conditioning forum. Bunch of jerks over there.

I think if you follow a typical bodybuilding split whilst doing bikram yoga you’ll create maximum myofibrilar hypertrophy.

[/quote]

lulz

If your goal is to be a better arm wrestler then perhaps this video will help. I didn’t watch the video I just google “how to arm wrestle” and it was the first result, you could also look up the training routines that top arm wrestlers do if you want to functional movements (for arm wrestling at lest.) http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-win-at-armwrestling

[quote]Broseph21 wrote:

[quote]Broseph21 wrote:

Links?[/quote]

Here’s Jay pushing some sissy weight for the next Olympia: - YouTube

LOL at that being sissy weight. Anyone that has followed Cutler over the last few years knows that he never starts his leg workout with squats. He even says in the video he did 4 sets of inverted leg press before the squats. And 5pps on hacksquat after inverted leg press and squats is not sissy weight.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Broseph21 wrote:

[quote]Broseph21 wrote:

Links?[/quote]

10 Keys to a World-Record Bench Press -

So?
Nothing wrong with Jay pushing sissy weights other than looking weak, he competes in form after all.
Doesn’t change the fact that’s he’s pushing sissy weights, and that guy asked for links to a bodybuilder pushing low weight.

Now calm down kids.

obvious troll is obvious.

Oh, now I’m trolling?
I know this is the bodybuilding subsection and all, but it’s not like you have to get so insecure everytime ANYONE is called out on their low numbers.

It’s bodybuilding after all, you don’t have to justify your numbers, especially when you’re a multi-Olympian.
But, a 315 back squat for reps, is by no definition strong. I know women who can do that.

End of. Hope we can put this to rest now :slight_smile:

[quote]Broseph21 wrote:
Oh, now I’m trolling?
I know this is the bodybuilding subsection and all, but it’s not like you have to get so insecure everytime ANYONE is called out on their low numbers.

It’s bodybuilding after all, you don’t have to justify your numbers, especially when you’re a multi-Olympian.
But, a 315 back squat for reps, is by no definition strong. I know women who can do that.

End of. Hope we can put this to rest now :)[/quote]
I never said it was. I was just trying to shed some light on what Cutler is doing. I think you misinterpreted my original post about “serious numbers”. 315 for reps deep? Not many women can do that. They’d do well in PL.

Yes, they were competitive PLers.

I didn’t mean any disrespect either, to the posters or Cutler, sorry if I came across as inflammatory or trollish. Just calling it how I see it.

[quote]bendthebar wrote:
Yep functional not to play in a sport, but for a real fight, to be able to take almost any hit to any part of the body, to be able to punch the hardest and the fastest(should I ever fight myself in a dispute) [/quote]

Wow, so many replies after I left. Thanks for all the replies and lols. I don’t want to be an arm wrestler, be me and him bet on the next arm wrestling match in the next six months, and I intend to win. For the most part, end of year goals are mostly performance. Since someone mentioned 50 lb should feel pretty light to a bodybuilder , that’s one my goals: to be able to carry a 50 lb load in one hand with an underhand grip and have it feel relatively light.

As far as hitting wise, I’d like to be able to kick and punch a sandbag enough to rock it, instead of trying my hardest and only moving it five inches(it’s much easier to push a bag with your fist then hit it). With that said, size is not really a goal for me right now, but I definitely would love to be 8-9% bf with a midsection close to bruce lee’s(guy doesn’t even need to flex to show how great his abs are).

Sorry if I sound ridiculous but it definitely is harder stating performance goals than physique goals(1 inch to my arms, 10 lb of muscle, lose 10 lb of fat, get down to 5-6% bf sparing as muscle, etc.)

See about the numbers thing, my numbers are nothing compared to almost anybody here, but at 170 lb, I can do 90 lb in each hand dumbell bench press 10 reps, 245 lb squat for 7 reps, 205 lb bench press 7 reps, 245 lb deadlift 7 reps, 70 lb in each hand shoulder press 7 reps, and finally 205 lb standing shoulder press 5 reps.

I at least should be able to carry 50 lb loads easily or at least carry 45 lb plates around like they’re milk jugs, but none of those things are happening, so I must be doing something wrong. And thanks to bones for the advice: combat or strongman were actually my first choice for posting, til I realized what kind of people could be posting there.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty impressive that Jay could do that weight for that reps after pre-exhausting. On one hand, I’m thinking he’s huge and should be able to do so much more. On the other, I’ve seen how he trains and how little weight he sticks to using and this definitely impresses me.

[quote]bendthebar wrote:
See about the numbers thing, my numbers are nothing compared to almost anybody here, but at 170 lb, I can do 90 lb in each hand dumbell bench press 10 reps, 245 lb squat for 7 reps, 205 lb bench press 7 reps, 245 lb deadlift 7 reps, 70 lb in each hand shoulder press 7 reps, and finally 205 lb standing shoulder press 5 reps. I at least should be able to carry 50 lb loads easily or at least carry 45 lb plates around like they’re milk jugs, but none of those things are happening, so I must be doing something wrong. And thanks to bones for the advice: combat or strongman were actually my first choice for posting, til I realized what kind of people could be posting there.[/quote]

I hope you have been lifting less that a year and you are less than 20 years of age, or else this thread looks weird to me…

[quote]Broseph21 wrote:
Oh, now I’m trolling?[/quote]

Yes

So, post a video of your six sets of ten with 315 after hacks and leg press. Please show us how you dominate these “low numbers”.

[quote]But, a 315 back squat for reps, is by no definition strong. I know women who can do that.

[/quote]

How about you? Can you do it?

[quote]bendthebar wrote:
Yeah, I thought it was pretty impressive that Jay could do that weight for that reps after pre-exhausting. On one hand, I’m thinking he’s huge and should be able to do so much more. On the other, I’ve seen how he trains and how little weight he sticks to using and this definitely impresses me. [/quote]

Did you watch the video?

He claims a 700lbs squat.

Fuck is wrong with people?