What Should My Diet Consist Of?

i want to know what kind of foods i should be eating for the diet im on. I want to gain more defenition on my muscles but not gain any weight at the same time.

Eat clean at maintenance, and keep working out. You really oughta know what eating clean is.

sighs

[quote]DT wrote:
i want to know what kind of foods i should be eating for the diet im on. I want to gain more defenition on my muscles but not gain any weight at the same time.[/quote]

Gosh my friend, you need to do some reading, but I am going to go over the basics with you. To gain weight and more specifically lean mass or muscle one needs to first bring in enough calories to support this action. You should be getting these calories from lean protein, healthy carbohydrates, and healthy fats.

Another words avoid highly processed starchy carbs and sugar and greasy and or fatty foods. Use the search engine to locate Vroom’s beginners thread and start reading. Educate yourself so you know what you are doing and you will be much more successful then asking a vague question that doesn’t have a magical answer of a one size fits all variety.

D

Read “Clean Eatin” by John Berardi.

It applies to everyone no matter what your goals are. The main difference between dieting and gaining is total intake and manipulation of a few macronutrients…but the actual food choices are fairly consistent.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Read “Clean Eatin” by John Berardi.

It applies to everyone no matter what your goals are. The main difference between dieting and gaining is total intake and manipulation of a few macronutrients…but the actual food choices are fairly consistent.[/quote]

Nate, do you have a link?

Eating clean is pretty much eating more healthier,natural foods found in nature and not processed.

All natural oatmeal,not processed oatmeal with added sugar.

Grapes,not wine(although wine in moderation won’t kill you).

Sprouted grain bread,not bleached white flour.

Onions,not onion rings.

Milk,not a milk shake.

Cheese,not cheese cake.