T Nation

What Should I Test for First Follow Up?

Hi guys, I’ve been on trt replacement for 3 months now. Dr put me on it after finding out my testosterone was at 270 because at some point my uneducated self tried test, deca, and tren but never did a PCT! I lost my libido and my energy levels dropped! Im 34 yrs old and im taking 200mg in 100mg doses. Sunday morning and Wednesday night. I started taking Arimidex (without a prescription because i was bloated and my sex drive sucked .25mg twice a week on the day of my shot. It worked a bit but my erections still not like they used to be but have bettered. I dont have any insurance anymore but i plan on checking my blood monday 11/12/18 so my question is… I will be testetiing for the following
• Test serum Estradiol/ sensitive
• SHBG
• Free testosterone
• total testosterone

Is that good? Or anything else that im missing that may help me to better understand the lack of morning wood and estradiol on my system

Thanks!

Having major medical ins can hurt you as much as help you since most docs that accept it don’t really know how to get you fine tuned.
There is lots of good to know blood values but if you are on a budget. If you already know your SHGB range I would not waste money on it.
At 200mg/wk I would add HCT to your blood test since there is a good chance your blood will get too thick over time and if you are donating blood I would add ferritin since it is easy to crash your ferritin if you donate too often.
hth

Thanks fornthe reply. Im planning on doing it with https://www.discountedlabs.com
And I’ve also read that hcg may help with libido but raise estrogen too, but now that you mention hct, I looke it up and it makes sense for my blood pressure

I’m a fan of privatemdlabs myself. I don’t like nelson or his website.
I take 800iu of HCG /wk it does nothing for my libido. It keeps my balls hanging correctly with no pains and that is all it does for me. If it effects my E2 I don’t really notice it. I don’t take or need anastrozole my E2 runs between 24-32. If you all of a sudden have higher blood pressure elevated HCT could be a reason.

I saw that site on his page, but the guy is something else. So what do you recommend me to test for? I plan on going Tuesday now and donate blood on Monday because what you say makes aot of sense… Should I test for ultra sensitive estradiol or estrogen total

If I read you first post right you said you had no major medical ins I assumed you were on a budget and funds might be a little tight.
DO you already know your SHGB? Have you tested it before a couple times.
It usually stays in a range.
If you have never had an E2 sens test done and your protocol is stable it is worth doing at least once. It is expensive.
I have done many mid protocol change mini blood test for TT FT, E2 HCT.
I have high HCT issues and ferritin so I add them every time YMMV.
If cash is no issue do a full male hormone panel. Stuff like LDL can get worse on TRT.
If you’ve really got money to burn and not feel your best do a full thyroid panel. Having a tired thyroid happens a lot.

Well I am on a slight budget so I’ll just be testing. TT, FT,E2, HCT. I took my shot today at 10am. Test 100mg and .25mg Arimidex. Do you recommend me to take my blood work tomorrow or wait a few days?

You want to test right before your next scheduled injection which would be your tough or lowest point. I on the other hand inject everyday and doesn’t matter when I draw bloods.