What Should I Do?

[quote]T-man21 wrote:
I am about 6 foot, 6 foot 1. I will be muscling up this summer then. Probably 6 days a week training the whole body twice a week.[/quote]

…why? you grow outside of the gym, bot inside. Find a program for mass and stick with it because you deff. can not plan your own programs yet.

Hey if it’s good enough for Arnolds basic training its good enough for me.

[quote]T-man21 wrote:
Hey if it’s good enough for Arnolds basic training its good enough for me.[/quote]

NEWSFLASH: You, are not Arnold.

Read more articles on this site, they offer great advice in all of them even if you are not following there plans. By reading a leg workout article you’ll learn something about legs, recovery food etc etc even if you never tough the program.

Just read and read more.
But look for articles that contain deads, squats, bench, rows, chins, and overhead presses. Ignore specialty routines for now.

Is this some sort of joke?

You have no fat

You have no muscle

You look like you’ve never got out of bed let alone lifted weights, and you look like you’ve never had a complete meal in your life.

I think you should see a psychologist because you have a really screwed up body image if you think you are fat in the slightest

You say you are not as lean as normal because this is your cheat day - dude, this is the kind of thing an anorexic says, someone who has no idea of reality. I seriously think you need to see a psychologist.

If you have been reading around this site and still think that you are any of the things / issues you described then you have a serious problem.

Maybe I am being over the top, but, maybe I am not. I cannot comprehend how you can look at yourself and NOT think “man I need to pack on some mass” and instead think that you need to lose weight.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
Is this some sort of joke?

You have no fat

You have no muscle

You look like you’ve never got out of bed let alone lifted weights, and you look like you’ve never had a complete meal in your life.

I think you should see a psychologist because you have a really screwed up body image if you think you are fat in the slightest

You say you are not as lean as normal because this is your cheat day - dude, this is the kind of thing an anorexic says, someone who has no idea of reality. I seriously think you need to see a psychologist.

If you have been reading around this site and still think that you are any of the things / issues you described then you have a serious problem.

Maybe I am being over the top, but, maybe I am not. I cannot comprehend how you can look at yourself and NOT think “man I need to pack on some mass” and instead think that you need to lose weight.

[/quote]

I second that!

Dude, what is yor problem. build some muscle for god sake. if you rip down now you will look ILL! and ethiopian is not a look chicks dig as far as i am aware…

it is abundantly clear that you have no idea how your body works or what you are doing in the gym. if i was you i’d buy a buck of KFC and sit and read whilst chowing down!

sort it out man!

Dave

Oh come on, I wanted to get rid of some love handles and see my abdominal muscles because of the nice weather right now. I am not looking to get Ethiopian as you say. And I have done full body training as well as split training.

I have found results in both. Yes I want to appear more muscular, but I have read on this site sometimes extreme fat loss works as well. I have also read about training and there are benefits to both approaches. I am not doing little single joint exercises, I am doing benches, squats, deadlifts and powercleans, as my primary exercises.

I am not really specializing, I do large compound movements and single joints at the end of the workout. I am just coming off of Chad Waterburys Total Body Training, and it worked but it left me unable to shore up muscle imbalances which is hwy I am going to a split routine for a while.

Do as Megaman (your avatar) does.

:slight_smile:

[quote]T-man21 wrote:
Oh come on, I wanted to get rid of some love handles and see my abdominal muscles because of the nice weather right now. I am not looking to get Ethiopian as you say. And I have done full body training as well as split training.

I have found results in both. Yes I want to appear more muscular, but I have read on this site sometimes extreme fat loss works as well. I have also read about training and there are benefits to both approaches. I am not doing little single joint exercises, I am doing benches, squats, deadlifts and powercleans, as my primary exercises.

I am not really specializing, I do large compound movements and single joints at the end of the workout. I am just coming off of Chad Waterburys Total Body Training, and it worked but it left me unable to shore up muscle imbalances which is hwy I am going to a split routine for a while. [/quote]

I really don’t understand people that ask for advice when it’s obvious they’ve already made up their mind what they’re going to do.

Do whatever you want.

[quote]Deserteaglle wrote:
T-man21 wrote:

I am not really specializing, I do large compound movements and single joints at the end of the workout. I am just coming off of Chad Waterburys Total Body Training, and it worked but it left me unable to shore up muscle imbalances which is hwy I am going to a split routine for a while.

I really don’t understand people that ask for advice when it’s obvious they’ve already made up their mind what they’re going to do.

Do whatever you want.

[/quote]

Exactly. He came on saying “what shall I do” and when people said “try training and putting on some muscle” he came back saying “I want to be ripped for summer.”

If you want to be ripped for summer, GET RIPPED. None of us actually care. If you are asking for opinions and are going to take it on board, that’s fine. If you are going to ask for opinions and then try to defend what you are going to do anyway despite all the advice, what is the point?

People amaze me.

[quote]T-man21 wrote:
Oh come on, I wanted to get rid of some love handles and see my abdominal muscles because of the nice weather right now. I am not looking to get Ethiopian as you say. [/quote]

well i can tell you for nothing dude, you rip down at that muscle mass and Bob Geldof and Bono are gonna drop you an aid package.

just a side note: wasn’t prof. X talking about guys calling themselfs T-men when they clearly don’t live up to the tag, on another thread… something to think about mate.

Good points. I was asking which people though I should go for and you stated a resounding gain mass. So thats what I’ll do. Thanks for the input.

I hope you do actually take the advice, it seems like you have unlike many others. Well done.