T Nation

what should i do???

i play high school football and my senior year is coming up. im about 6’1’ and 235 lbs. i play the defensive line.
i have no clue what my body fat rate but i do have a gut. hey, i play the d-line. so heres my question.
ive been looking into mag-10 and other thing such as things related to mag-10. well i wanna weight around 260 but i want it to be mostly muscle.
yes i know that with every 4 lbs of muscle there is 1 lbs of fat. i know the whole ratio thing. but i want the bulky musle look.
so should i lose the gut then take mag-10 or could i just start taking mag-10 right away.
and is mag-10 capable of giving me a 25-30lbs gain???my eating habits are good, i eat a well balanced diet to kee me at 235.
dont ripp me, i respect all of u people and i just ask for your advice, so could some one help me. thanks

youngster 

You’re too young to be using MAG-10 right now. I’d hold off.

Ideally, you’d want to be 12 percent bodyfat or less before trying to bulk up.

Follow Massive Eating protocols and train hard. You will gain weight over time with proper eating and good training.

i play high school football and my senior year is coming up. im about 6’1’ and 235 lbs. i play the defensive line.
i have no clue what my body fat rate but i do have a gut. hey, i play the d-line. so heres my question.
ive been looking into mag-10 and other thing such as things related to mag-10. well i wanna weight around 260 but i want it to be mostly muscle.
but i want the bulky musle look.
so should i lose the gut then take mag-10 or could i just start taking mag-10 right away.
and is mag-10 capable of giving me a 25-30lbs gain???my eating habits are good, i eat a well balanced diet to kee me at 235.
dont ripp me, i respect all of u people and i just ask for your advice, so could some one help me. thanks

“yes i know that with every 4 lbs of muscle there is 1 lbs of fat. i know the whole ratio thing”.

There is no ratio. If there was, how would you explain people w/ 200 lbs. of lbm. & only 20 lbs. of fat. You might be thinking of the statement that a 1 lb. of muscle takes up 3x less space than a 1 lb. of fat.

For your sport and position, there is no need to have any type of “look”. Granted, it helps if you’re built like Terrell Suggs. But your goal should be improving performance on the field via many different mechanisms. See Coach D’s stuff on here.

If you don’t know the amount of cals/protein/carbs/fat/ you’re consuming you probably are eating good. Give us a look into your diet and we can better assess if you’re doing it right.

Lastly, at your age, you do not need MAG-10 or any androgen or pro-hormone supplement. Proper training, diet, and supplementation will do more for you.

No need for Mag-10 right now. Age wise, you are in those years where you will grow and add muscle easiest. It would be a good idea to learn about Renegade Training, and Coach John Davies. I made the huge mistake of adding about 20 lbs of weights for my freshman season in college. I was strong as a bull, but slow as molasses dripping out of a tree. Do not compromise speed and technique for mass. There is no point to getting bigger, if you are too slow to get where you need to be to use it. Stick with the good eating habits and workout hard, you will naturally gain weight.

youngster, if you are eating good, and training like a mad man ,weight should not be an issue. Believe me you do not need to be the biggest guy out there to be a dominant football player. Just last year I was the smallest d-end on my college team at 240 lbs. I used the attributes which had gotten me there, and ended up leading my team in sacks, even beating on the end opposite of me whom was an all american. The problem with putting on a lot of weight in such a short amount of time is that you wont be able to adjust quick enough to using that weight, and your performance will suffer. Believe me bud train hard, eat a lot of good food, and stay focused, and you WILL have a great senior year.