T Nation

What Should I Do (pics)

Been lifting seriously for 3-4 months now. Back in march I weighted 165 and was fat, then I got the bright idea of eating 1400 calories a day. Yea I lost weight, but not all of it was fat, and now I have this wierd type of body. I don’t look fat if you hang out with me, but with my shirt off it looks like I have man boobs. I don’t have gyno I checked with my doctor. My ultimate bodybuilding goal is to have a body like Julien Greaux.

My stats are: 17 yrs old, current weight is probably 145 pounds, 5’ 6"

The reason I created an account, and posted here is because I read this thread and got scared, cause that OP reminded me of my self…

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1176902&pageNo=0

So what would be the reccomended course of action so I will have a body which I could walk around in and feel kick ass before I start college (1 year from now)…not that I’m gonna stop body building then, I will always continue to improve my self, but I want to look great by then.

*pics are attatched
Thanks

A few questions:
What sort of training facility/gym do you have access to?
Do you play any sports or do any other sort of physical activity on a regular basis now?
Do you have any injuries or serious physical limitations?
How much time are you willing to train every week?
Do you have access to lots of clean food at home, and is your family (presuming you live with them) supportive of your efforts?
What are your eating habits like right now?

Don’t even THINK about cutting. You need mass and lots of it.

Waht you need to do is get a diet on here… Berardi’s massive eating works well any choose a good program, any that is on here!

and man, Whats up with kids just posting their pics up, and not reading anything! what do you guys want??!

They want what they were raised on…instant gratification

Pull up your pants, then read everything you can on here.

Good on you for being brave and coming out like that.

You should read that thread you posted and do what everyone there said.

I think you should get Starting Strength and work on that as a guideline.

And eat a lot. About 2-3x that 1400 that you mentioned.

You look young, so there is plenty of time to fix yourself.

You don’t have much muscle or fat and you do look a bit whacky but hey, you don’t look THAT bad, you just need some food and hard exercise, but not too hard, mostly you need food, and exercise to direct that food to your muscles.

You can probably pack it on so fast you will be amazed.

If you want to look as close to possible like Julien Greaux you had better expect to commit to the next three to five or more years to begin even approaching that look.

If you were realistically going to accomplish this you would first need to add considerable muscle mass to your frame. This alone could take up to three or more years from your starting point. This would mean following a nutritional plan as well as a lifting program that wouldn’t be easy at all too follow. You would have to make it a point to live to eat healthy. Preparing meals on a daily basis thinking ahead of time when you want to do something with friends or family because you have to factor in food consumption.

The next aspect would be lifting. This would entail educating yourself on proper lifting movements for the desired goal and then experimenting to see which lifts bring the best result for you and then continuing to learn about switching up exercise cycles because one program won’t work forever. Also, bringing it to the gym with the intensity required to get results. There are many that don’t do this.

Then after a good three to four or more years of the above if you have put it together and added a good degree of muscle you can begin to manipulate your diet and training program to get extremely shredded to Julien Greaux’s level. Because that’s what he is a fitness model and in his line of work conditioning and nutritional manipulation of his body are his job.

So, is it possible to attain the look you want? It is possible for you to get as close to it as you possibly can. but few have the discipline to commit to lifestyle that would attain this for them and that could take a few years. If you are serious then take advantage of this site. It is a free resource with the best articles concerning training and nutrition to help you reach your goals.

Oh, one more thing you are probably going to get flamed some for this thread. This is because there have been tons of young guys show up once post their pics and then we never hear from them again after their initial thread. Maybe you will be the exception to the rule.

Take care,

D

get yr self a shoe,youll be shredded in no time!

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
If you want to look as close to possible like Julien Greaux you had better expect to commit to the next three to five or more years to begin even approaching that look.
D[/quote]

I really don’t think he understands this.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Dedicated wrote:
D

I really don’t think he understands this. [/quote]

Unfortunately most don’t.

D

[quote]Young89 wrote:
Been lifting seriously for 3-4 months now. Back in march I weighted 165 and was fat, then I got the bright idea of eating 1400 calories a day. Yea I lost weight, but not all of it was fat, and now I have this wierd type of body. I don’t look fat if you hang out with me, but with my shirt off it looks like I have man boobs. I don’t have gyno I checked with my doctor. My ultimate bodybuilding goal is to have a body like Julien Greaux.

My stats are: 17 yrs old, current weight is probably 145 pounds, 5’ 6"

The reason I created an account, and posted here is because I read this thread and got scared, cause that OP reminded me of my self…

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1176902&pageNo=0

So what would be the reccomended course of action so I will have a body which I could walk around in and feel kick ass before I start college (1 year from now)…not that I’m gonna stop body building then, I will always continue to improve my self, but I want to look great by then.

*pics are attatched
Thanks
[/quote]

You are still a young man. Your hormones have not quite kicked in yet. Stick with your work out. Learn all you can and practice what you learn. In a couple years you will be amazed with your body

I DON’t seek instant gratification…I did at once, but quickly learned otherwise

I have a home gym since the nearest gym is like 35 miles away

I bought it in march with my own money, it’s a bench with a leg extension device, and I also have a set of free weights. It’s one of those Weiders packages on sales in Sears …the best a poor kid like me could afford at the time

I have access to A LOT of nutrious foods though. Organic Milk, organic fruits and veggies, whey protein, tuna, natural peanut butter, kashi, cottage cheese, chicken breast. The staple body builder diet.

I’ll post my current workout routine later, I got to go to work right now

alright, I’m back from work. Read all the replies. You all seem to think that I’m some sort of one hit wonder. Nah I’m not like that. I get into something and then snowball. First my interest is low then it builds and builds and get’s huge to the point where I’m determined and nothing will knock me down. I’ve seen that happen in other areas of my life, and it’s slowly happening here.

Back in January of this year I was eating like sh!t probably topping 3000 calories a day of junk. Then I slowly adjusted out of that. Then for a few weeks I just ate clean. Then I began to workout, and inially I missed a lot of workouts. But I continued to do what I do. Then in march I got this stupid idea to eat 1400 calories a day. Did that for 2 months till I read a few articles on here, on how that is a BAD thing.

So then I upped my calories to around 1800 a day. I bought whey protein. I read articles on here and bodybuilding.com. Right now I am at the point where I haven’t missed a workout in a month and half. Even when I went on vacation I bought a book on bodyweight excercises and did those in my hotel room. BOTTOM LINE: I’m not this dude who is gonna get advice and leave, I got dedication. I haven’t “cheated” in ages now. My ultimate goal is to have a body like Julien Greaux, so if I got to work for 3-5 years to get that then I guess I got to work for 3-5 years to get that.

Alright sob story over. I should definetly lift and ADD mass to my self though? Any other advise? and who is this John Berardi guy, a lot of the topics I have read on here mention him, and I think I saw him on bodybuilding.com once.

Click on “Are you a Beginner II” by vroom in the beginner section (forum). Read. Click Authors, and select anything from Dr. John Berardi. Read.

Read
Read
Read.

Good luck.

You should get a shit load of food, put it all on those dinnerplate nipples of yours… then eat it. Repeat 6 times a day.

^ rofl…

This is the workout routine I have been using for the past 6 weeks:

Monday: Chest & Bis
-Flat bench press with barbell
-flys on flat bench
-incline DB presses
-barbell curls
-alternating dumbell curls

Tuesday:
-cardio

Wedsday:

• BB Squats OR BB Lunges
  • Leg Extensions
  • Leg Curls OR Straight-Legged Dead Lift (SLDL)
  • Standing DB Military Press
    -Concentration Curls
  • Superset:
  • Front Lat Raise
  • Side Lat Raise
  • Bent Over Side DB Lat Raise OR Bent Over DB Rows

Thursday:
-Cardio

Friday:

• Weighted Pullups:
  • Shoulder-width Grip

• Hammer Grip Sternum Pullup

• Rack Pull Deadlift
  • Bent Over, Underhanded BB Rows
  • BB Shrugs
  • Close Grip BB Bench Press OR Reverse Grip BB Bench Press
  • Weighted Dips (Tri’s Emphasis)
  • Skullcrushers (sometimes with a DB, sometimes with a BB)

I just finished reading the 7 habits of a highly effective diet. Good stuff, I do most of the steps, but how do I go about doing steps 4 & 5:

1. Ensure that your carbohydrate intake comes from fruits and vegetables. Exception: workout and post-workout drinks and meals.

2. Ensure that 25-35% of your energy intake comes from fat, with your fat intake split equally between saturates (e.g. animal fat), monounsaturates (e.g., olive oil), and polyunsaturates (e.g. flax oil, salmon oil).

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
You should get a shit load of food, put it all on those dinnerplate nipples of yours… then eat it. Repeat 6 times a day.[/quote]

Dude, you are hilarious. Your posts always crack me up.

OP you do sound highly motivated. Realize you have high aspirations, but if you’re really willing to give it the time it takes and work for it you can have incredible results.

Good luck and remain Dedicated,

D

Youre workout is shit.

Here is your new workout

A)Deadlift5x5 2 min rest
B)Pushpress 5x5 2 min rest
C)1 arm bent row 3x6-8 90 sec
D)Good morning 3x6-8 90 sec

Ei)Face pull 3x8-10
30sec
Eii)Curl 3x6-8
30sec

A)Bench Press5x5
B)Clean Pull 5x5
C)Lunges3x6-8 90 sec
D)Dumbell incline press 3x6-8 90 sec

ei)barbell rollout 3 to failure
30sec
eii)Skull crusher 3x8-10
30sec

A)Front Squat 5x5
B)Pull up 5x5
C)1 Arm military press3x6-8 90 sec
D) Rack Pull 3x6-8 90 sec

ei)Side lying external rotation
30 sec
eii)rear fly or Kelso Shrug 3x8-10

You need to get strong all over.

You could also look into Mike Roberstons Buidling Freaky Athletes (I think that is What it is called)

Those are some voluptuous nipples.

… 20 rep squats 3 times a week as heavy as you posible can without passing out and a gallon of milk
and eat until you feel sick of what ever you like get some whey protein and get at least 100 grams of protein a day from that