What Should I Do Now?

close

Can’t respond fully, have to hit the road.

Please read the advice for new guys sticky and see if anything hits home.

TSH is up a bit. Have you been using iodized salt for years? Check body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Cold feet suggests low thyroid function.

Did you gave AM cortisol tested?
Fasting cholesterol and glucose?

Where are you located.

The is also a finding a TRT doc sticky.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Can’t respond fully, have to hit the road.

Please read the advice for new guys sticky and see if anything hits home.

TSH is up a bit. Have you been using iodized salt for years? Check body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Cold feet suggests low thyroid function.

Did you gave AM cortisol tested?
Fasting cholesterol and glucose?

Where are you located.

The is also a finding a TRT doc sticky.[/quote]

I do not put salt on anything directly. I eat food that has salt in it of course. I am sure Chipotle has a ton.

Don’t think I have had Cortisol tested.

Had my Cholesterol tested after fasting a few months agao

TC=155 (<200)
HDL= 38 (<40)
TRG= 86 (<150)
LDL= 100 (<130)
TC/HDL 4.1 (4.5)
GLU= 80 (<100)

I eat plenty of salt through my diet. Although I do not add salt to anything directly.

I don’t believe I have ever had Cortisol tested

Last insurance checkup for Cholesterol was fasted in September.

TC=155
HDL=38
TRG=86
LDL=100
TC/HDL= 4.1
GLU=80

I want to get all new bloodwork baselines. Is it worth retesting things again 16 months later such as TSH and Fertinin?

Any advice one what to do next from this point would be greatly appreciated. I have read through most of the stickies.

Thank you

Okay so my temperature has been a bit off. It is a cheap thermometer but I also test my wife at the same time. I am hovering for the last 2 days round 96.5 while she is around 98.5. Taking under the tongue.

I am gong to request a full baseline panel from my doctor I just want to make sure I am asking for the right things per the sticky thread.

Totat T
Free T
Prolactin
SHBG
Estradiol
LH/FSH

This is where I have the question…the sticky says "t3 no see ft3?
TSH
T3
T4

and the basic blood panel (CBC ect)

I haven’t gotten many responses in here. Did I post something wrong?

I will try one last bump. I appreciate any and all advice. Thank you.

fT3 is what works with your T3 receptors in your cells, so its more useful to have free t3 [fT3].

see the thyroid basics sticky, it should explain

TSH
fT3
fT4
if you don’t get very specific, you doc probably will do T3, T4 !avoid!

You are iodine deficient. Which is good in a way…

Iodized salt is rarely used in restaurants and prepared food. So its up to you to use iodized salt in your salt shaker or take iodine supplements. See that sticky. Hopefully you can restore your metabolic rate and temperature with iodine replenishment. You could try that first then do labs and have those measure you in that state.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU TAKE SELENIUM WHEN DOING THIS.

And read that sticky.