What Seems to Be Working, 1 Month In

First, many thanks to everyone; I’ve learned quite a bit reading the forums and it has helped me discuss replacement therapy with my doctor.

Second, I’ll get the obvious out the way: I’m 40, male, treated with Cypionate. Over the past ten years, I’ve accumulated most symptoms of “low T” - the trigger was a blend of “lack of will power” and “lack of physical ability” to exercise. This is compounded by digestive issues over the past twenty years with an autoimmune disorder. Yes, TRT is Rx by my physician.

I’m far from experienced, I am not a doctor, however, I’m confident the following has helped me and may be helpful to be noted by others:

Diet:
Pumping synthetic ‘T’ into my body isn’t an excuse for poor diet. Celery, salmon, olive oil, carrots, healthy carbs, eggs, greens: seem to make therapy WORK.

Lifestyle:
Exercising, sleeping well and managing stress are important. I’ve also found a new sense of confidence - I feel as though I have “rebooted” and not everyone around me has welcomed the changes. Mostly because I’ve become vigilant with avoiding bad habits and more confident in creating new patterns; this creates a mixed bag of responses in other people. Gotta stay strong.

Therapy:
Get to know the medicines. Understand other hormones involved. Understand half-life. If therapy isn’t working, call your doctor. For some, “less is more” may apply–for me this hasn’t been the case. Also, accept that the objective is to remain in a healthy range – not super-human range.

Protocol:
The protocols shared by “the experienced” are probably optimal for most people. Everyone is a little different and beginning therapy, I think it is important to not exceed the optimum healthy range; not to shock your system; and not to suffer a glimpse of recovery to be followed by symptoms of low ‘T’ that are worse than when you started.

Doctor:
I’d start off insisting on two appointments a week. Monday and Thursday. It can be difficult getting an appointment “if needed” – even if the Dr. says to call! Save yourself and the front desk confusion and have the appointment ahead of time.

Then, plan on weekly appointments if you’re being injected. Life is supposed to have highs and lows. Not depletion and saturation.

Remember the theatrical masks - one black, the other white? Ever hear of Dionysia? Greek tragedy, comedy and satyric drama? God of wine? WELL, no need for overwhelming highs and lows that resemble adolescence. Lots of guys at my gym tell young guys in their 20’s that they have ample hormones to see gains they’d be thankful for – aim for simply that. Focus on health and use your health to your advantage.

If you’re looking for performance enhancement that is over and beyond what’s accepted as therapeutic values, be honest with yourself about that–this post isn’t for that.

Lastly:
Many thanks to everyone that has shared. If you’re new to this as I am, learn about the medicine you’re taking and care for your health.

Do you prefer office injections over self injection?

My injections have been at the Dr’s office - the alternative appears to be pellets, pills and lotions. I don’t want to try the pellets because once they’re in me? I can’t take them out; and it’s a surgical procedure–I don’t feel good about that.

Pills and lotions - seems like they have to be persistently administered; each with their own risks for different reasons.

I’m not even two months into things, so, I’m okay with going to the Dr., although, it does present a time inconvenience with work and a financial consequence with copay. Acceptable, and advantageous in my opinion since I have a team of professionals to lean on.