What’s Your Take On Love?

My sis in law and her husband are high school sweethearts that have stayed together and are now at 16 years of marriage.

I don’t know the intimate details, but it would seem that they were each other’s first and (assuming) most intense love.

I don’t know. I married young and knew there were issues, but I was immature and lacking in self-esteem, so what turned out to be a co-dependent relationship made sense to me. In fact, I would call it the exact opposite of what the incel crowd bemoans as female behavior. I looked for relationships in my teens and early 20’s that seemed to check the necessary boxes for security and stability.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to be entirely accurate in identifying those qualities, having never experienced either of them.

1 Like

I did. And it’s amazing. Over 10 years now and it’s still like when we first dated. A few things have changed in that time. We’ve gained more trust and respect for each other. I’ve learned to be a lot less selfish as a person in general. I’ve also learned to ask for help when I need it, and have someone I can depend on. Last but not least, my confidence has skyrocketed in every aspect of my life.

1 Like