What Program Should Someone Follow for Arms?

ok…

3 Likes

I ran it as it was written for around 6 months. I realized that there was potential to do better, so I added sets and ditched the training max. I improved at a better rate. That was years ago though. Now, I am a third year student in exercise science with concentrations in athletic training, athlete nutrition, and exercise physiology. I have no confusion as of now as to what the program could improve upon.

Nobody belives you. Post a video.

I always scratch my head when people say this. How could you possibly know you progressed at a better rate? Do you have a time-machine and you tried both methods? Do you have a crystal ball or a magic mirror that told you that.

1 Like

Again, not as written by the program creator. It’s immaterial to the discussion. It sounds like you ran zero supplemental work, which would mean you ran the “jack shit” program for 6 months, which the program creator had never advised.

So yes. Running the program wrong will make it not work.

2 Likes

You and my son have that in common…he has just finished his second year of his exercise science major.

Uh oh. A “Dad, is that you?” twist in this thread would be awesome.

5 Likes

LOL…yeah not in this case. Sorry

2 Likes

Post a video of what? Me in the past thinking about how I can progress more efficiently?

Of where your optimal progress got you.

Actually, I wrote all of my progress in a notpad. I was steadily progressing in my maxes with what was originally written (of course had some failures in there, it was months of work afterall), and did the same with the altered version. I after a few cycles (don’t ask how many cause I definitly cannot give you an answer there) saw that my 1RMs were rising at a quicker rate.

I never claimed what I did was optimal. I optimized as much as I could, and still do, but I will never have a perfect program because those do not exist. Also, I am, yet again, a bodybuilder. I don’t max out anymore.

A reply to all, I gotta go for now. It is leg day so I am sure you all understand. I will try to reply to all after a few hours. :v:

Why are you then making claims about your 1RM progress?

Is life generally confusing for you?

1 Like

What had it been, 3 weeks? 4 weeks? I think that’s the optimal amount of time between threads like these.

4 Likes

Post a heavy set of 12, 8 or 6 then… Or just record you training @jtpender

I cant believe im reading this thread. Wendler literally writes in the books that the program isnt for begginers (apart from the specified begginer prep programs). Forever even has required levels for templates, he gives examples like “if you uploaded a form check video in the past 3 years this isnt for you”.
You did a bastardized version and keep crying about getting muscles to grow as fast as possible(while knowing alternate gains are being missed?) when 5/3/1 is a long term (decade) ling view program.
He also clearly writes in the older books that he used the templates (or a friend) and thats why its there. The newer book has templates tested on his student athletes and friends with some on himself.

Its called “I aint dong Jack shit” and even in the first book hes against doingnit exclusively. Its for one session here n there when ur in a crunch.

You’re gonna have to walk me through that. I mean, I know that it is a substrate, but I’ve never known or heard of it as an actual energy source.

Is there a formal name for this like Krebs, Cori, or Cahill cycles?

Why do I get the feeling certain people are waiting on me to rip into this young man?:thinking:

1 Like