What Program Should Someone Follow for Arms?

to be honest the kid in the pic, is really not that impressive… but thats just my opinion

It’s been proven, huh.

The basic form of it has been given the name 5/3/1. It fits a template, so I called it a template.
And I will gladly find proofs for frequency greater than knce a week.

This was 20+ years ago. We did most floor work maybe some ring work. I have no idea what half of the movements are called.

How long were you in the sport?

Ya, I don’t watch YouTube videos as proof of concepts. You’ll have to forgive me. It’s PWI’s fault.

2 Likes

A few year. 7-9 maybe.

Sorry about the previous link. It initially just sent the ad before, so I deleted it.
Here it goes again.

I understand that. If it makes it any better, he is a PHD. I just sent that so I wouldn’t have to search for other studies.

I guess all these professional bodybuilders should quit doing bro splits then. It’s clearly not optimal. If only you were here to teach Yates and big Heath about optimal frequency.

2 Likes

Logic, evidence and optimal - these words dont mean what you think they mean. TBH, you’re just sounding like a snake oil salesman with statements like the above.

Look, I get it. You ran a program and when it got to the point where you had to make the choice of pushing hard and making real progress or wimp out, you allowed yourself to wimp out.

That’s nothing to be ashamed of, it’s a long road to get somewhere in this game and it’s easier to point the finger than actually say you were to blame.

I know you’re not going to want to hear it from me, so listen to this guy:

1 Like

Everything works for somebody and nothing works for everybody. The sooner you understand this the better.

2 Likes

Okay, I think I’m done here. 5/3/1 isn’t the holy grail of lifting, but it’s also not just a template and it never was.

I like Dr. Israetel. He’s an intelligent guy, but a lot of really intelligent, developed, and successful guys disagree with him.

By who? Not the program creator. I have read every 5/3/1 book and have yet to encounter any program known as basic/regular/vanilla/etc 5/3/1.

5/3/1 is a way to program training. It is not a specific program. There are many 5/3/1 programs. It’s akin to saying “the conjugate program”

1 Like

You spent 6-9 years doing gymnastics, and cannot remember any of the skills? I believe you, but find I difficult to believe thatbyou would have forgotten everything, even after 20 years.
Just to clarify, I believe you. I just don’t think I could do so, so it is hard to immagine forgetting that much of your lide.
That being said, I’m sure you understand why I believe floor work will stimulate the least amount of hypertrophy out of the other areas. Rings probably would the most, and would probably be credited as the main builder for the men.
If you are extremely new to the sport, you will get a little right away, just as you would any other sport, but still not much because the very begining is very simple and demands little more than some core strength and to be able to have a string enough grip to hold your weight. After muscle ups, things become very difficult though. An iron cross is something that majority of people can acheive. People often quit before the come anywhere near it, and many also just won’t ever be able to do it period. I’m sure you’ve seen that. Well, that and then on is when it starts to actually build you up. Majority of people will not be able to get to that point, hence why it would be better to just say another option instead of gymnastics.

You really didn’t read what I said, didn’t you?
There was an exceptions part where they would fit in. Plus, neither ran brosplits, brosplits meaning one bodypart for a day once a week, just so we can be on the same page there.

How do we use more ADP than ATP, and switch back and forth from either?

No I spent like 2-3 years doing it from the ages of 7 to 9. I’m 32.

No. That wasn’t why I changed the program, and I didn’t platue. I wasn’t making progress like I could have, so I made changes to the program to make it more difficult. Back then I didn’t realize why this works, but now that I have an understanding of volume and load, along with how they go with hypertrophy and strength, I realize why it was better. Volume drive hypertrophy, but volume without load is a waste. There was not enough volume, and the loads were light for the reps given. I made the changes, and progressed even quicker.