T Nation

What Price for Ruining a Life?

I know we hear about how chilling it would be to punish those convicted of false accusations more harshly but stories like this.

Ruining a potential football career and getting a 1.5 million settlement…I can’t think of anything severe enough other than this woman being stripped of all her assets up to 1.5 million if its still around…good luck there…and her serving double his time in jail…

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/24/onetime-top-football-prospect-seeks-exoneration/

She was quoted as telling Banks: “I will go through with helping you but it’s like at the same time all that money they gave us, I mean gave me, I don’t want to have to pay it back.”

I think women should be severely punished for crap like this but I don’t think it will change anything. Women will still make up rape stories, just be less willing to recant for fear of being punished for it.

I think Banks needs to get an education and stop worrying about playing football.

I think they try to avoid prosecuting women that recant their stories of rape because doing so would keep other women from admitting that they lied as well.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
I think Banks needs to get an education and stop worrying about playing football.

I think they try to avoid prosecuting women that recant their stories of rape because doing so would keep other women from admitting that they lied as well.[/quote]

Too weak imo though. So we won’t punish someone who recants and ruins a life because it might stop some other twisted liar from coming forward later to tell the truth? In a just world she should have to make him right and have the same if not worse punishment.5

I think the perfect solution would be to let him rape her as often and as long as he wants.

Thats a rough story. The kid was a stud highschool football player and was more than likely going to get a full ride to USC.

The most disturbing part is the “I dont want to have to pay back all that money they gave us, i mean me” part. This woman ruined some young kids life and scammed the state out of $1.5 Million… Maybe they don’t go after her for recanting her rape accusations but she should definitely be tried for fraud for scamming all that money.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
[/quote]

He could go to a local JuCo and do both… If he’s good enough he could get a schollie to a 4 year and possible still make it to the league. It has happened before with guys.

If playing in the NFL is still his dream I dont see any reason why he shouldn’t give it a shot. Enroll in school, play ball and see if you still got it.

How much?

'bout tree-fiddy.

That is fucked up, he deserves to receive some sort of sponsorship to help him have a shot at the big stage

Its foxnews

Will not click link

A woman tried doing that to me once. I had to move because of that crap. On a bright note, she got evicted in the middle of her last semester of college. And in Texas, there is not any 30 day notice deal so it’s just you have 3 days to get out if your landlord doesn’t like you and the landlord finally had enough sense to see through c**tzilla’s libel. If your smart about it legally and have money, you might be able to fight it that long, but that wasn’t applicable to her.

It’s amazing the unsubstantiated garbage people will gobble up. It makes me feel sick to my stomach.

[quote]rehanb_bl wrote:
That is fucked up, he deserves to receive some sort of sponsorship to help him have a shot at the big stage[/quote]

Well if the girl really wants to help, she can easily pay for his education. Oh wait, she doesn’t wanna give that money back (that she probably blew off already)

what a fucking cunt

[quote]Triceptaurus wrote:
How much?

'bout tree-fiddy.[/quote]

GodDAMMIT.

ruining a career is not like ruining a life - fwiw

dont women realize if they fake rape shit it only makes real rapes that much harder to come forward on and convict…I thought women be smarter than dis.

[quote]bignate wrote:
I thought women be smarter than dis. [/quote]

srsly dude?

c’mon, think about what you’re saying.

[quote]Edgy wrote:
ruining a career is not like ruining a life - fwiw[/quote]

Well the six years in prison and the fact he was a convicted felon would have had the conviction not been vacated.

He would have had even great difficulty finding a place to live as a registered sex offender. The parole officers I know(not mine of course :)…) have to warehouse a lot of them in Columbus in some of the shittiest parts of town and getting a job for them is crap. Almost everywhere does criminal background checks even for the most trivial of jobs.

While six years doesn’t seem as long to me the older I get…I wouldn’t call it a small part of ones life to be thrown in prison for.

[quote]bignate wrote:
dont women realize if they fake rape shit it only makes real rapes that much harder to come forward on and convict…I thought women be smarter than dis. [/quote]
Have you met a woman?

[quote]Grimlorn wrote:

[quote]bignate wrote:
dont women realize if they fake rape shit it only makes real rapes that much harder to come forward on and convict…I thought women be smarter than dis. [/quote]
Have you met a woman?[/quote]

i guess not.

Why did the state pay her $1.5M in the first place?