What Other Countries Should America Liberate Next?

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
I didn’t exactly request it, but that’s fine I suppose. For the 15th time today, I never ever one time said anything about Bombing Democracy, I said we SHOULD help in anyway we can those oppresses.

As usual reading comprehension is relatively low in pwi.

[/quote]

And yet you refuse to provide your list. I can think of numerous countries with oppressive governments that need our “help” like Iraq did. And yet you refuse to give a list of other countries that are being oppressed and deserve the kind of forced democracy we gave Iraq.

For such a noble goal and something you’ve stated you believe over and over you sure are silent on who you’d help.

So far we have this:

423 would help Iraq because they are oppressed. He’d go over for ten years and spend a couple trillions to help them and demolish numerous lives.

Is Iraq the only oppressed nation in your viewing? I’ve got to conclude it is because you won’t mention anyone else. [/quote]

Here we go with the usual tripe from the simpleminded ^.

Read some history once in awhile. Explore your world.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/20/iraq-through-a-partisan-lens/[/quote]

From the link:
“strategy that had strong bipartisan support, was simple yet powerful: smash Saddam Husseinâ??s regime and his ability to threaten his neighbors or his own people, then hand over the reins of power to the Iraqis and leave.”

The problem in Iraq was the “light footprint” campaign plan devised by Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and the head of U.S. central command, Tommy Franks. Handing responsibility to the Shiite- dominated Iraqi government would make things worse rather than better, since the government was itself one of the warring factions. The Interior Ministry’s police weren’t guardians of public order; they were death squads assassinating Sunnis in broad daylight. The Health Ministry’s guards were refusing to treat wounded Sunnis in their emergency wards and, in some cases, were actually murdering them. Scaling back and pulling out would pour oils on the flames and possibly ignite a broader regional conflict. Counter Insurgency was a strategy that should have been utilized from the beginning and was remarkably successful after Petraeus took the reins in Iraq in 2006.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]NotaQuitta wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
This is in response to a request that usmcccds made in another thread. So, since, according to him, we should be liberating countries from unjust rulers, tyrants, etc., etc., what should be next on the list? Also, what other countries should be on that list and why aren’t we already in those places? Obviously, Iran and North Korea should be on that list, so let’s move past them for now and go to the next country on the list. Which one should it be? Which country is next up for the wonderful chance to get bombed into democracy?[/quote]

Actually, he’s right. If America and the West want to minimize the triple threat of radical Islam, economic migration (legal and illegal) and rogue states, they should be doing their best to liberate the shitholes of the world.

But speaking as someone who grew up in a Muslim nation (albeit not of a Muslim background) both sides are doing it wrong. Short of complete genoicide Mongol-style, bombs doesn’t work - its a very expensive short term fix that has unpredictable consequences. But the liberal lets-all-hold-hands-and-sing-kumbaya is equally stupid. Its an equally expensive way of making the fundies think you are weak kneed cowards, which only makes them want to kill you more. They are bullies and tyrants - they get off on oppressing the weak and stupid (their populace) so the last thing you want to do is show them that you, too, are weak and stupid. South Korea has been showing the Kims how weak and stupid they are for the last 20 years or so (“Sunshine Policy”). Every time the Kims needed money they just made a threat or fired a missile and voila, they get aid. Guess how well that worked out?

There’s one way America hasn’t yet explored in solving this crisis. IMHO its a no-brainer, cheap and easy solution - the only drawback is it’ll take at least a generation or two, but the cost would be negligible over all those years. The solution is - guns and books.

Take a typical shithole like Pakistan. The nation is pathetically overpopulated, high poverty, run by a corrupt government, has nukes and lots and lots and lots of fundies. On top of that, they also sponsor terrorism against their neighbors India, fund jihadis in Afghanistan and sheltered OBL. Perfect for regime change, right?

The first thing the US government should do is apply diplomatic pressure to acquire a huge tract of land in Pakistan, that should be considered as a diplomatic enclave - US soil. Next, build a school and university there, providing top-class Western education. Professors and teachers should be drawn particularly from those with a liberal, atheistic bent - they may even do it for free/cheap, they’re all bleeding heart about “helping people”, right?

Pakistan should then be “encouraged” (or forced) to send their best and brightest minds to the school, which would be accepting students young (starting from say, age 6). The school would be a strictly “no religion zone”, with no religious dress or classes permitted, and would be full board. Students would only be allowed to visit home for short periods. They would also need to sign bonds that ensure they work in their home nation for at least 10 years - in return for being provided a top education, that’s a sweet deal.

After being immersed in Western culture and provided quality education for over 15 years, these students would then be far smarter and more capable than their local counterparts and, hopefully form a Western-friendly “elite”. Over one or two generations, these elite would eventually take over leadership of the nation and begin ruling with a less tyrannical or fundamentalist approach. A constant pool of graduates from the schools would ensure that the best and brightest of the nation would only be pro-American.

It’s what the British did during the colonial era, and it worked like a charm, particularly in Southeast Asia - where they did it particularly well.[/quote]

I don’t like the idea of forcing education on Pakistan or taking a chunk of land for U.S. soil. I think you’d be pissing off a lot of people in the process of “helping” them. Helping to educate them is a good path imo, yet like Iraq, I think we need to do a better job of playing a supporting role vs. leading the way. The Pakistani and Iraqi people need to grown on their own and figure it out with us as a guide not a mentor, if that makes sense.

I also think the Middle East is a bit tired of western culture and we should be careful not to push it on them. [/quote]

This completely ignores the context of globalization and is not rooted in reality. Are you also not aware of the concept of Soft Power?

“The vast majority of the people in the Middle East oppose neither modernity nor democracy. Nor is it conceivable that a whole country could could wall itself off from modernity, even if the majority wanted to. The Mullahs have not even succeeded in doing that in Iran. All modern nations have embraced, albeit it with varying degrees of complaint and resistance, the free flow of goods, finances and services, and the intermingling of cultures and lifestyles that characterize the modern world. Increasingly, their people watch the same TV shows, listen to the same music, and go to the same movies. Along with this dominant culture, they have accepted, even as they may deplore, the essential characteristics of modern morality and aesthetics.”

Robert Kagan, The Return of History and the end of Dreams.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
I didn’t exactly request it, but that’s fine I suppose. For the 15th time today, I never ever one time said anything about Bombing Democracy, I said we SHOULD help in anyway we can those oppresses.

As usual reading comprehension is relatively low in pwi.

[/quote]

And yet you refuse to provide your list. I can think of numerous countries with oppressive governments that need our “help” like Iraq did. And yet you refuse to give a list of other countries that are being oppressed and deserve the kind of forced democracy we gave Iraq.

For such a noble goal and something you’ve stated you believe over and over you sure are silent on who you’d help.

So far we have this:

423 would help Iraq because they are oppressed. He’d go over for ten years and spend a couple trillions to help them and demolish numerous lives.

Is Iraq the only oppressed nation in your viewing? I’ve got to conclude it is because you won’t mention anyone else. [/quote]

Here we go with the usual tripe from the simpleminded ^.

Read some history once in awhile. Explore your world.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/20/iraq-through-a-partisan-lens/[/quote]

From the link:
“strategy that had strong bipartisan support, was simple yet powerful: smash Saddam HusseinÃ??Ã?¢??s regime and his ability to threaten his neighbors or his own people, then hand over the reins of power to the Iraqis and leave.”

The problem in Iraq was the “light footprint” campaign plan devised by Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and the head of U.S. central command, Tommy Franks. Handing responsibility to the Shiite- dominated Iraqi government would make things worse rather than better, since the government was itself one of the warring factions. The Interior Ministry’s police weren’t guardians of public order; they were death squads assassinating Sunnis in broad daylight. The Health Ministry’s guards were refusing to treat wounded Sunnis in their emergency wards and, in some cases, were actually murdering them. Scaling back and pulling out would pour oils on the flames and possibly ignite a broader regional conflict. Counter Insurgency was a strategy that should have been utilized from the beginning and was remarkably successful after Petraeus took the reins in Iraq in 2006.
[/quote]

Yes?[/quote]

Senior military and administration officials were ill equipped to transcend the doctrines of conventional warfare and also failed to have the foresight to look beyond the initial shock and awe campaign. Few detected the rise of an insurgency in Iraq; fewer still understood its implications.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
This is in response to a request that usmcccds made in another thread. So, since, according to him, we should be liberating countries from unjust rulers, tyrants, etc., etc., what should be next on the list? Also, what other countries should be on that list and why aren’t we already in those places? Obviously, Iran and North Korea should be on that list, so let’s move past them for now and go to the next country on the list. Which one should it be? Which country is next up for the wonderful chance to get bombed into democracy?[/quote]

I say free America next.[/quote]
From who?[/quote]

Dunno, from those taxing you.

As I understand it, for the Greek Hoplites as well as American farmers pre revolution it was understood that free men would not accept direct taxation.

Wherever that was the commonly held position, civilization flourished.[/quote]

Didn’t you just recently write about how bad taxation is in Austria?

Free Austria next?[/quote]

Please do!

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

From who?[/quote]

As I understand it, for the Greek Hoplites as well as American farmers pre revolution it was understood that free men would not accept direct taxation.

Please do![/quote]

And then we’ll all be free…to serve our Chinese/North Korean/Russian/Indian/Saudi Arabian/Pakistani masters.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

From who?[/quote]

Please do![/quote]

And then we’ll all be free…to serve our Chinese/North Korean/Russian/Indian/Saudi Arabian/Pakistani masters.[/quote]

Oh well, they are very far away…

Those Austrian dickheads mellow my yellow here and now…

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]groo wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

From who?[/quote]

Please do![/quote]

Ok.

Might want to find yourself a bomb shelter.
[/quote]

Dont be silly, just show up, the Austrian army is a fucking joke.

What country you should invade next?

Your country will end if it invades Iran so whats the point in choosing who is next? Yes I am serious.

[quote]harrypotter wrote:

Your country will end if it invades Iran so whats the point in choosing who is next? Yes I am mentally deficient.[/quote]

Your country will end if it invades Iran so whats the point in choosing who is next? Yes I am serious.[/quote]
[photo]38563[/photo]

[quote]orion wrote:

Oh well, they are very far away…

Those Austrian dickheads mellow my yellow here and now…[/quote]

Assuming that you aren’t just killed outright or sold into slavery, it would be a safe bet that your colonial governor would be living as close as those Austrian dickheads.

Your country will end if it invades Iran so whats the point in choosing who is next? Yes I am serious.[/quote]

any post i have seen of yours seems to be complete horse shit and not even 1% amusing

the worst and stupidest troll on the board

please explain your post so we can all laugh at how thick you are

cheers

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]NotaQuitta wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Actually, he’s right. If America and the West want to minimize the triple threat of radical Islam, economic migration (legal and illegal) and rogue states, they should be doing their best to liberate the shitholes of the world.

But speaking as someone who grew up in a Muslim nation (albeit not of a Muslim background) both sides are doing it wrong. Short of complete genoicide Mongol-style, bombs doesn’t work - its a very expensive short term fix that has unpredictable consequences. But the liberal lets-all-hold-hands-and-sing-kumbaya is equally stupid. Its an equally expensive way of making the fundies think you are weak kneed cowards, which only makes them want to kill you more. They are bullies and tyrants - they get off on oppressing the weak and stupid (their populace) so the last thing you want to do is show them that you, too, are weak and stupid. South Korea has been showing the Kims how weak and stupid they are for the last 20 years or so (“Sunshine Policy”). Every time the Kims needed money they just made a threat or fired a missile and voila, they get aid. Guess how well that worked out?

There’s one way America hasn’t yet explored in solving this crisis. IMHO its a no-brainer, cheap and easy solution - the only drawback is it’ll take at least a generation or two, but the cost would be negligible over all those years. The solution is - guns and books.

Take a typical shithole like Pakistan. The nation is pathetically overpopulated, high poverty, run by a corrupt government, has nukes and lots and lots and lots of fundies. On top of that, they also sponsor terrorism against their neighbors India, fund jihadis in Afghanistan and sheltered OBL. Perfect for regime change, right?

The first thing the US government should do is apply diplomatic pressure to acquire a huge tract of land in Pakistan, that should be considered as a diplomatic enclave - US soil. Next, build a school and university there, providing top-class Western education. Professors and teachers should be drawn particularly from those with a liberal, atheistic bent - they may even do it for free/cheap, they’re all bleeding heart about “helping people”, right?

Pakistan should then be “encouraged” (or forced) to send their best and brightest minds to the school, which would be accepting students young (starting from say, age 6). The school would be a strictly “no religion zone”, with no religious dress or classes permitted, and would be full board. Students would only be allowed to visit home for short periods. They would also need to sign bonds that ensure they work in their home nation for at least 10 years - in return for being provided a top education, that’s a sweet deal.

After being immersed in Western culture and provided quality education for over 15 years, these students would then be far smarter and more capable than their local counterparts and, hopefully form a Western-friendly “elite”. Over one or two generations, these elite would eventually take over leadership of the nation and begin ruling with a less tyrannical or fundamentalist approach. A constant pool of graduates from the schools would ensure that the best and brightest of the nation would only be pro-American.

It’s what the British did during the colonial era, and it worked like a charm, particularly in Southeast Asia - where they did it particularly well.[/quote]

I don’t like the idea of forcing education on Pakistan or taking a chunk of land for U.S. soil. I think you’d be pissing off a lot of people in the process of “helping” them. Helping to educate them is a good path imo, yet like Iraq, I think we need to do a better job of playing a supporting role vs. leading the way. The Pakistani and Iraqi people need to grown on their own and figure it out with us as a guide not a mentor, if that makes sense.

I also think the Middle East is a bit tired of western culture and we should be careful not to push it on them. [/quote]

The point is not education.

Rather it’s brainwashing the best and brightest so that they see things from the Western point of view. They, in turn, can brainwash their population. That is a good thing, and yes, I am being serious.

Its not as bad as it sounds out to be.

Think of it this way, if you don’t do it, someone else will. Better America than the Mullahs, or someone opposed to the West, like the Chinese.

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]NotaQuitta wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

This completely ignores the context of globalization and is not rooted in reality. Are you also not aware of the concept of Soft Power?

“The vast majority of the people in the Middle East oppose neither modernity nor democracy. Nor is it conceivable that a whole country could could wall itself off from modernity, even if the majority wanted to. The Mullahs have not even succeeded in doing that in Iran. All modern nations have embraced, albeit it with varying degrees of complaint and resistance, the free flow of goods, finances and services, and the intermingling of cultures and lifestyles that characterize the modern world. Increasingly, their people watch the same TV shows, listen to the same music, and go to the same movies. Along with this dominant culture, they have accepted, even as they may deplore, the essential characteristics of modern morality and aesthetics.”

Robert Kagan, The Return of History and the end of Dreams.[/quote]

All I said is that I wouldn’t FORCE education on them and I wouldn’t take their land. That has nothing to do with globalization.