T Nation

What Nutrition Books Are You Reading?

As a self professed nutritional-ignoramus, I've decided it's time to take the proactive approach and really enlighten myself. In this "Intelligent and relentless pursuit", I stumbled upon "Knowledge & Nonsense" by Jamie Hale.

Simply put - You need to read this. I also ordered "The Stubborn Fat Solution" by Lyle McDonald, so that's next. I also have a pile of stuff from Chris Aceto and John Ivy that I need to make my way through.

So, what are you reading?

Nutrition Books

How can you be ignorant of nutrition with legs like that?

You already mentioned some great resources.

I’d suggest checking out Alan Aragon’s stuff too, he’s definitely one of the best.

A personal favorite for life long healthy eating would be the Men’s Health “Abs Diet.” I could care less for the second half of the book, which is a compilation of mostly compound lifts and ab work, but the nutritional knowledge I gained as a newbie is priceless.

Copywriting for the Nutrition Supplements Market.

Mauro Di Pasquale - the Anabolic Diet

Ori Hofmekler - the warrior diet

…lots of different ways of thinking in those…great reads

[quote]esk221 wrote:

So, what are you reading? [/quote]

This damn thread.

i like Johnny Bowden and Shugart.

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:

I’d suggest checking out Alan Aragon’s stuff too, he’s definitely one of the best.[/quote]

Based off this book alone, I’m definitely going to hunt down more of his stuff.

This book is just awesome, as it takes a lot of things that are th gospel an just completely shreds them. The insulin fallacy, food combining myths, and I haven’t even got to the supplement section yet. It sounds cliche, but this book is changing my life!

mind elaborating on the “insulin fallacy”?

Basically the crux is this - Insulin isn’t to blame for the obesity epidemic, lack of common sense is. People are fat because they eat too many calories, not because they SPIKE THUR INSOOLINZ~! too much.

Oh yeah, that BCAA roundtable with J. Harris/Layne/Aragon is reprinted in here too and I finally read through it. Great stuff.

[quote]esk221 wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:

I’d suggest checking out Alan Aragon’s stuff too, he’s definitely one of the best.

This book is just awesome, as it takes a lot of things that are th gospel an just completely shreds them. The insulin fallacy, food combining myths, and I haven’t even got to the supplement section yet. It sounds cliche, but this book is changing my life! [/quote]

I’m really glad you’ve “seen the light”. I remember when I was going through the same thing, it’s kinda scary to look back at some of the stuff I believed even just a year ago…

Of course this means from now on pretty much everything you hear at the gym/read on message boards will make you want to rip your hair out…

[quote]esk221 wrote:
People are fat because they eat too many calories, not because they SPIKE THUR INSOOLINZ~! too much.[/quote]

GASP Heretic!!! Burn him at the steak!

:wink:

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
esk221 wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:

This book is just awesome, as it takes a lot of things that are th gospel an just completely shreds them. The insulin fallacy, food combining myths, and I haven’t even got to the supplement section yet. It sounds cliche, but this book is changing my life!

I’m really glad you’ve “seen the light”. I remember when I was going through the same thing, it’s kinda scary to look back at some of the stuff I believed even just a year ago…

Of course this means from now on pretty much everything you hear at the gym/read on message boards will make you want to rip your hair out…[/quote]

You guys know a good place to purchase this book? It’s really limited in terms of internet exposure and access.

Biochemistry textbook

have you tried jamie hale’s site?

maxcondition.com/page.php?103

at the bottom: “add to cart”

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Copywriting for the Nutrition Supplements Market.[/quote]

lol

EFS has it.

[quote]phatkins187 wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:
esk221 wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:

Of course this means from now on pretty much everything you hear at the gym/read on message boards will make you want to rip your hair out…

You guys know a good place to purchase this book? It’s really limited in terms of internet exposure and access.[/quote]

Probably a book store. I checked the local Laundrymat and they didn’t have it. :wink:

lol, sorry.

[quote]toocul4u wrote:
Biochemistry textbook[/quote]

it’s really done you a lot of good.