What Now?

so dude why dont you have a job…er career?

i mean its never too late. theres people at my school who are like 30-50 years old taking classes. if youre as smart as you say you are youll find a way out of it and stop cryin like a bitch about it. go get a fucking job man, go to school, go do something. but drinking aint gonna solve your problems just make em worse.

What Now? … Grow Up!

Okay. Soooo here’s your options as I see it.

Take your drinking to a new level. I’m thinking Everclear (It’s what real men drink for a living, fuck scotch.) Besides, who wants to spend 30 bucks (or more, fucking grey goose is 45 bucks where I live, balls) a fifth or some bullshit to get drunk. 151 proof* is cheap and effective. Economics… you’ve just saved yourself some money! Things are already looking up!

Join the military. You should be just at the borderline of the enlistment cut-off, or a year under. You can probably get a waiver if you are just over, or whatever-the-fuck. (Marines, woooO!)

Have an existential breakthrough and not give a fuck about anything because we’re all doomed anyways. Or is that Nihilism?

See Max Payne (tell me if it’s good.)

Okay, for serious though. This might sound naive from a 19 year old, but I’ve kept my head up from my choices (Military) because of this way of thinking. You’re never too old to persue what you want to do. Figure it out and do what it takes to get there; seriously, do it.

I’m eventually going to have to do something other than Infantry in the USMC and that’s going to either be a career in pysics or music (unless my interests change drastically). Figure it out and fucking do that shit dude. It’s not hard, it takes motivation. I don’t know what kind of answer you want. Fuck anyone who says otherwise, it’s as simple as that, do what you want to do.

*If you can find the 190+ proof Everclear let me know! I want some.

-Lord Ellis.

Here you go…

What now?

Stop crying like a bitch on an internet forum and make some positive changes in your life. You’ve got to be one of the biggest attention junkie’s on T-Nation.

27 is ancient? I’m looking down the barrel of 39 and my life is 10 times better than it was at 27. Age is completely irrelevant bud.

I think the real problem is your generation. People your age and younger just expect everything to go your way, regardless of your own input.

Grow a fucking sack, stop binge drinking, and get to work.
I’m sure your father would say the same.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/delete_2?id=1480033&pageNo=12

See this post:

05-24-2008, 03:57 PM

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I guess, what with the title of this thread, this post should’ve been the original post.

This one is called “Failure to Frisk”.[/quote]

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Why do you waste time with him?[/quote]

After reading Zap’s post, I don’t know if it’s worth it to respond seriously, but I will.

In all honesty, other than age and attitude, I’m not much different from the OP. I’m a couple years older, but I’m far from the “woe is me” feeling.

For most of my adult life I didn’t know what I was doing or where I would end up. I dropped out of high school and started working. I joined the military looking for job skills and direction in life and only found some time in the brig. I got married and she left me. I lost everything I had. And that’s not a metaphor; I literally lost everything. I was homeless.

Now I’m like 30 years old and loving life. I go to school full time and still hang out with college kids. It’s no big deal. I just know that I am in a different place than they are.

I still drink. I just don’t drink to forget or drink for depression. I drink for taste or for fun. If you can’t do that, maybe you should put down the bottle.

I know it’s cliche, but age is just a number. If you wanna make your life better, change your attitude and do something about it. Who cares how old you are. Thirty is the new twenty, and all that jazz. I don’t know the details of your situation, but at 27, you’re still young enough to bounce back from a lot of things.

Don’t like your job? Get a different one. Try something you always wanted to do. Go be an Alaskan fisherman. Or a street magician. Or a repo man. If things are as bad as you say, you’ve got nothing to lose anyway, so who cares about the pay or advancement opportunities.

I don’t know enough about you to offer anything more specific than change your outlook and change what you don’t like about your life.

Good luck.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
What now?

Stop crying like a bitch on an internet forum and make some positive changes in your life. You’ve got to be one of the biggest attention junkie’s on T-Nation.

27 is ancient? I’m looking down the barrel of 39 and my life is 10 times better than it was at 27. Age is completely irrelevant bud.

I think the real problem is your generation. People your age and younger just expect everything to go your way, regardless of your own input.

Grow a fucking sack, stop binge drinking, and get to work.
I’m sure your father would say the same.
[/quote]

Maybe not an Alaskan fisherman. I hate job competition. Especially not a crab fisherman, Deadliest Catch has made that career way too popular. It’s not a “cool thing.”

My brother has the fucking game, makes me want to kill myself.

What’s with all this bashing?
Gin is one of the finest liqueurs known to man and deserves a little respect.

[quote]etaco wrote:
What’s with all this bashing?
Gin is one of the finest liqueurs known to man and deserves a little respect.[/quote]

I agree. Gin martini? Gin and tonic? …Gin and juice? Except for the liqueur part. I would like to respectfully mention that it’s a liquor, liqueurs are generally the lower alcohol sweeter tasting stuff, like amaretto. Sloe gin might be a liqueur though, if that’s what you were talking about.

And to the OP, I don’t even know if you’ll read this but if you do, you gotta remember that it’s too easy to give in to despair and it’s fuckin hard to see your way out. That’s the only right move there is though. Good luck man.

This kid doesn’t want actual help, folks.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
This kid doesn’t want actual help, folks.[/quote]

Yup, he just wants attention and flames. If I thought I could help him I would but he has shown his ass too many times on this forum for me to take him seriously.

You are a perfect candidate for ZOOICIDE!!!

join the military. go kill some terrorists

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

Yup, he just wants attention and flames. If I thought I could help him I would but he has shown his ass too many times on this forum for me to take him seriously.[/quote]

Well said Zap -

Case closed.

[quote]Spry wrote:
words
[/quote]

It actually does help knowing there’s someone else out there like me. I just hope you don’t end up like me. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone

[quote]streamline wrote:
Dude, you live on the wrong coast. Your desired lifestyle is made for the west coast. Much more laid back than the fast paced east coast. Go West Young Man! Go shake hands with Arnold! And stop drinking so much, smoke a joint instead.[/quote]

I’ve often thought that.

For everyone that asked: I’m 27, I have a bachelor’s in psychology, about 70,000 in student loan debt, and no career because a bachelor’s in psych is useless. I don’t have a job because for a month or two the stock thing was going great…until it shit all over itself and I’m going to have to default on my loans probably.

Ask the gov’t for a bailout

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Why do you waste time with him?

After reading Zap’s post, I don’t know if it’s worth it to respond seriously, but I will.

In all honesty, other than age and attitude, I’m not much different from the OP. I’m a couple years older, but I’m far from the “woe is me” feeling.

For most of my adult life I didn’t know what I was doing or where I would end up. I dropped out of high school and started working. I joined the military looking for job skills and direction in life and only found some time in the brig. I got married and she left me. I lost everything I had. And that’s not a metaphor; I literally lost everything. I was homeless.

Now I’m like 30 years old and loving life. I go to school full time and still hang out with college kids. It’s no big deal. I just know that I am in a different place than they are.

I still drink. I just don’t drink to forget or drink for depression. I drink for taste or for fun. If you can’t do that, maybe you should put down the bottle.

I know it’s cliche, but age is just a number. If you wanna make your life better, change your attitude and do something about it. Who cares how old you are. Thirty is the new twenty, and all that jazz. I don’t know the details of your situation, but at 27, you’re still young enough to bounce back from a lot of things.

Don’t like your job? Get a different one. Try something you always wanted to do. Go be an Alaskan fisherman. Or a street magician. Or a repo man. If things are as bad as you say, you’ve got nothing to lose anyway, so who cares about the pay or advancement opportunities.

I don’t know enough about you to offer anything more specific than change your outlook and change what you don’t like about your life.

Good luck.[/quote]

I hear ya…it’s just that my goals and what I wanted for life was always a nice circle of friends, a decent girl, nothign special. I have nothing already. So like yous aid nothing tio lose. I don’t drink to forget, I drinkb ecause I love how i feel the instant the first sip burns its way down to my stomach. I don’t drink THAT often, I just always seem to be on here when I am drunk.