T Nation

What, No Steelers Thread This Week?

Is the Steelers bandwagon emptying that quickly? :open_mouth: Typical.

Where’s the loyalty? Not in Steeltown evidently. You can’t just give up on your team after a few consecutive weeks of junior varsity high school level football.

You’ve got to overcome! When Benny Rothlescrasher finally wakes up from that head injury he’ll wonder where the hell all of you went.

Take me for instance, I’m a Viking fan. Sure we got embarrassed on national TV, and sure we followed it up by getting beaten by the freakin’ 49ers, but I’m still a fan. You know what keeps me going every week? I just picture Dre crying into his finger paints this Sunday after my Vikes’ push Favre’s shit in at the Metrodome, and then retire his ass for good. That thought gives me hope.

Don’t hit the Haagendaus too hard after the game Dre, it’ll go straight to your hips.

Well, I was never on their “bandwagon”, and if I kept rooting for them all through those terrible Bubby Brister years, I sure as hell aren’t giving up on them now.

It’s tough to win with 6 turnovers a game.

However, until somebody else wins it, they’re still the Super Bowl champs. I look forward to them playing the role of spoiler and hopefully screwing up other teams for the rest of the season.

Why beat a dead horse?

We haven’t seen a pro-Steelers thread since they beat up KC. That was the turning point. Rolling to the Superbowl again. Now they’re 2-6.

Their coach has shown himself to be an ass. He’s probably screwed up Rothlisberger for good. He’s more concerned with his tough-guy image than he is with winning football games.

The Superbowl was gift wrapped and handed to the Steelers last year. Even fans of the yellow faggots from Shitsburgh know that.

This year…well…they are just doing what should be doing. Losing. I guess the NFL told the officials that they need to call games straight up and they can’t just give points to Cowher’s crooks.

Monday’s headline:

In an UNBELIEVABLE performance, Favre breaks Marino’s TD record and leads the Pack back to their rightful place. One spot above the purple and gold.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Why beat a dead horse?[/quote]

You’ve got something more interesting for me to beat?

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Monday’s headline:

In an UNBELIEVABLE performance, Favre breaks Marino’s TD record and leads the Pack back to their rightful place. One spot above the purple and gold.[/quote]

Haha! In all seriousness, how do you see the game playing out? I think the Vikes will be able to contain the run well, and Favre will have to put the ball in the air 35+ times, with some success. He’ll probably burn us a few times for long gains due to our blitzing, but will throw a few picks as well.

I’d say 300 yards, 3 TDs, 3 INTs and 1 blowjob from whoever the announcing crew is. Our offense won’t move the ball for shit but it’ll be enough to put us over the top. BJ will get some confidence back, Troy Williamson will only drop 4 balls, Chester will have a 100 yard game , and we’ll get a score or two from either defense or special teams. Final score: 83-21.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:

The Superbowl was gift wrapped and handed to the Steelers last year. Even fans of the yellow faggots from Shitsburgh know that.

[/quote]

You are sooooo right! It’s amazingly easy to win your last 8 games straight after everybody has written you off, and then beat the top 3 seeded teams in the AFC playoffs all on the road, and then win the Super Bowl.

Gift wrapped indeed…

[quote]nramaker wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Monday’s headline:

In an UNBELIEVABLE performance, Favre breaks Marino’s TD record and leads the Pack back to their rightful place. One spot above the purple and gold.

Haha! In all seriousness, how do you see the game playing out? I think the Vikes will be able to contain the run well, and Favre will have to put the ball in the air 35+ times, with some success. He’ll probably burn us a few times for long gains due to our blitzing, but will throw a few picks as well.

I’d say 300 yards, 3 TDs, 3 INTs and 1 blowjob from whoever the announcing crew is. Our offense won’t move the ball for shit but it’ll be enough to put us over the top. BJ will get some confidence back, Troy Williamson will only drop 4 balls, Chester will have a 100 yard game , and we’ll get a score or two from either defense or special teams. Final score: 83-21.

[/quote]

The blowjob is the only sure thing.

I’d expect a fair amount of offense and either team will have a chance to win or lose it in the 4th qtr.

[quote]nramaker wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Why beat a dead horse?

You’ve got something more interesting for me to beat?
[/quote]

Not if you are a dude.

[quote]nramaker wrote:
Is the Steelers bandwagon emptying that quickly? :open_mouth: Typical.

Where’s the loyalty? Not in Steeltown evidently. You can’t just give up on your team after a few consecutive weeks of junior varsity high school level football.

You’ve got to overcome! When Benny Rothlescrasher finally wakes up from that head injury he’ll wonder where the hell all of you went.

Take me for instance, I’m a Viking fan. Sure we got embarrassed on national TV, and sure we followed it up by getting beaten by the freakin’ 49ers, but I’m still a fan. You know what keeps me going every week? I just picture Dre crying into his finger paints this Sunday after my Vikes’ push Favre’s shit in at the Metrodome, and then retire his ass for good. That thought gives me hope.

Don’t hit the Haagendaus too hard after the game Dre, it’ll go straight to your hips.[/quote]

Where’s your Viking thread? By your logic you must not be a fan because you haven’t started a thread.

You will find no fan more loyal that a Steelers fan. I and many other have watched through ~25 years of lackluster and almost-good-enough seasons before earning a superbowl victory. That’s right, I said earned. Conspiracy theories are for paranoid schizophrenics, there is no denying an historic playoff run and the superbowl victory. Deal with it.

Foot ball is like any other sport, everyone hates the top dog. Plain and simple.

P.S. If Benny is sleeping I can’t wait for him to wake up considering he had a 70% completion rating for 433 yards last week.

[quote]!vic wrote:

Where’s your Viking thread? By your logic you must not be a fan because you haven’t started a thread.
[/quote]

From hence forth, this thread shall be my Vikings thread.

Who are you talking to?

Agreed. Luckily you won’t have to put up with that again next year.

[quote]P.S. If Benny is sleeping I can’t wait for him to wake up considering he had a 70% completion rating for 433 yards last week.
[/quote]

Ofcourse Ben is playing his heart out. With the Steelers likely to have a Top 5 pick, the last thing he wants is for them to draft a QB! I’m sure he can turn things around and put this year behind him. Maybe a season or two in NFL Europe would do him some good.

[quote]!vic wrote:

P.S. If Benny is sleeping I can’t wait for him to wake up considering he had a 70% completion rating for 433 yards last week.
[/quote]

100% and about 600 yards if you count the passes he threw to the other team.

… Quit your whining. You know what REAL loyalty is? Being a Raiders fan. We just became the only team to have two scoreless games in one season.

i thought the steelers were back?

GO Giants.

They are going to kick Chi-towns ass this week. The Steelers are old news.

Why is it Brister gets dogged for his Steelers play, yet goes to Denver wins 6 games with Elway down and gets a Super Bowl ring?

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
We haven’t seen a pro-Steelers thread since they beat up KC. That was the turning point. Rolling to the Superbowl again. Now they’re 2-6.

Their coach has shown himself to be an ass. He’s probably screwed up Rothlisberger for good. He’s more concerned with his tough-guy image than he is with winning football games.

The Superbowl was gift wrapped and handed to the Steelers last year. Even fans of the yellow faggots from Shitsburgh know that.

This year…well…they are just doing what should be doing. Losing. I guess the NFL told the officials that they need to call games straight up and they can’t just give points to Cowher’s crooks. [/quote]

You know everything. God, is that you?

[quote]MrCritical wrote:
Why is it Brister gets dogged for his Steelers play, yet goes to Denver wins 6 games with Elway down and gets a Super Bowl ring?[/quote]

Laser, rocket arm?

[quote]nramaker wrote:
Laser, rocket arm?
[/quote]

Haha, that ad is funny as hell. Peyton Manning is a badass.