What, No Complaints About the War Room?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
maybe because its a simple concept no one altered. to get in you have had military experience, thats it.

the t-cell situation is different because it says one thing, then everyone leaves it up to interpertation, kinda how the mission statement is about “hardcore” lifters…[/quote]

like it or not, this is true.

[quote]TShaw wrote:

It seems to me–and I admit I haven’t done any real “research”–that many T-Cell Alpha members still post in other forums. Any topic with a thread in TCA can be started in another forum by a non-TCA member, and it’s likely some of the same expertise–and more–will notice it and chime in.

Multiple threads on the same topic? Happened before T-Cells; will happen always.[/quote]

Good point, thanks TShaw. Of course any thread can be re-started in a non-T-Cell forum, where everyone can chime in. But why does it have to be? It diverts, I don’t think following two threads is conducive towards a focused debate. Hell, I’m having trouble following three T-Cell critical threads in the open forums. I think it dilutes the debate. I may be wrong of course.

Makkun

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
[…]

Pretty much how I see it. If a serious body builder/weight lifter joins the site and posts intelligently in the body building or related forums I would imagine they would be invited in to the T-Cell Alpha in time.[/quote]

The rules may have changed - but so far one person has to simply push a button to let you into the T-Cell. One may assume that this should be based on intelligent posts, but it’s not a requirement.

Makkun

[quote]Professor X wrote:
makkun wrote:
Professor X wrote:
[…]

Why is it you conveniently ignore what led to the creation of that T-Cell? People like you said NOTHING while we were overrun with dumbasses in the bodybuilding forum just last month. Now, all of a sudden, there is an issue with the way that issue is being dealt with.[/quote]

I don’t ignore it at all - and I’ve referred to it in quite a few posts. Last time - I accept that the creation has led to higher quality posts about bodybuilding. ‘People like me’ may not have been stressed out by idiots posting idiotic threads. This is the Internet - it’s full of idiots. We’ve had the Christian campaigner onslaught here, the Brokeback Propaganda thread, all kinds of senseless crap - sometimes it just works better to ignore the crap and concentrate on what is a useful debate. In the dog pound thread issues and concerns were voiced, and I dissented then, and I dissent now.

[quote]Why?

Why did it NOT bother you that we couldn’t discuss bodybuilding before this but it DOES bother you that we can now do so without interruption?[/quote]

Because I think it’s been handled wrongly. I don’t complain you can discuss bodybuilding without interruption at all (taking out the tribunal interruptions for a minute) - but you could before; ‘some posters’ (to use your style for a minute) were thrown off track by idiots, and in the end the idiots won - they got you to retreat into a little version of T-Nation. And I don’t believe that the way it’s handled you’ll be idiot-free forever. What then - the T2-Cell?

Creating a General Fitness forum. Adding the Combat Sports, V-Diet were good moves. More moderation - mostly moving threads into GaL; not less. More restraint in getting shouty-crackers at idiots and focusing on the people and threads who do care about bodybuilding - and most importantly, a good dose of “Relax, it’s only the internet. Unlike in real life, I can chose to ignore the idiots”. I do it every time I see Nominal Prospect’s Nazi gibberish or 99% of what HH posts.

But as I’ve said quite a number of times now - let’s give this a chance: I won’t write any anti-T-Cell posts for at least a week (time check 23/05/08, midnight GMT) if you just for once try to see the world through my eyes in the same time-frame: Could any of the threads in the T-Cell be moved into another forum (besides bodybuilding obviously)? How many baseless tribunals will be run during this week? Is it really so bad in the BB forum?

Deal?

Makkun

[quote]makkun wrote:

Because I think it’s been handled wrongly. I don’t complain you can discuss bodybuilding without interruption at all (taking out the tribunal interruptions for a minute) - but you could before; ‘some posters’ (to use your style for a minute) were thrown off track by idiots, and in the end the idiots won - they got you to retreat into a little version of T-Nation. And I don’t believe that the way it’s handled you’ll be idiot-free forever. What then - the T2-Cell?
[/quote]

Actually, discussion in BOTH forums has improved since the creation of that T-Cell, so how did they win?

They obviously didn’t…unless I am missing several threads about rock climbing, unfunctional muscle mass and combat pyramids.

[quote]
Your solution to that problem would have been WHAT?

Creating a General Fitness forum. Adding the Combat Sports, V-Diet were good moves. More moderation - mostly moving threads into GaL; not less. More restraint in getting shouty-crackers at idiots and focusing on the people and threads who do care about bodybuilding - and most importantly, a good dose of “Relax, it’s only the internet. Unlike in real life, I can chose to ignore the idiots”. I do it every time I see Nominal Prospect’s Nazi gibberish or 99% of what HH posts.[/quote]

Gee, MODERATION was one of the main complaints that led to the creation of that T-Cell…but you missed this?

It gets difficult to ignore posts when they literally fill up entire threads making it impossible to stay on topic and discuss anything bodybuilding related.

You didn’t even visit that forum often or participate in it, yet you are claiming we should have just ignored it?

Why can’t you simply ignore the T-Cell? It is clear you have a problem with this.

[quote]
But as I’ve said quite a number of times now - let’s give this a chance: I won’t write any anti-T-Cell posts for at least a week (time check 23/05/08, midnight GMT) if you just for once try to see the world through my eyes in the same time-frame: Could any of the threads in the T-Cell be moved into another forum (besides bodybuilding obviously)? How many baseless tribunals will be run during this week? Is it really so bad in the BB forum?

Deal?

Makkun[/quote]

LOL at “my eyes”, especially since “your eyes” were blind to any of the problems that were going on before.

Oh, who cares about the T-Cells, they arent even funny.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
[…]

Actually, discussion in BOTH forums has improved since the creation of that T-Cell, so how did they win?

They obviously didn’t…unless I am missing several threads about rock climbing, unfunctional muscle mass and combat pyramids.[/quote]

Besides the question of how that is measured, I think getting the Combat Sports thread an moving the training logs could have helped with that as well. It wasn’t just one thing that was changed here recently.

[quote][…]

Gee, MODERATION was one of the main complaints that led to the creation of that T-Cell…but you missed this?[/quote]

No, I didn’t. I read the thread in the Tech Support forum. It was an interesting example of dealing with consumer complaints, while following your main business objective: widening your customer base (letting in as many newbs as possible), while making your complaining but loyal customers happy (creating a T-Cell). In this case this worked by separating them, and giving the loyal customers a ‘special’ zone - even unmoderated, so less work in the long term. Brilliant business move. Someone nows their CRM at Biotest.

[quote]It gets difficult to ignore posts when they literally fill up entire threads making it impossible to stay on topic and discuss anything bodybuilding related.

You didn’t even visit that forum often or participate in it, yet you are claiming we should have just ignored it?[/quote]

Yes, I see your point here - it makes it difficult, and I may underestimate that. The more I read what I wrote above though, the more I see that a T-Cell must have made absolute sense to Biotest.

Yes, I did - but that was because I used to see it from the user perspective. But from the commercial perspective, it makes absolute sense. My problem with it is dissolving as I write this.

[quote]LOL at “my eyes”, especially since “your eyes” were blind to any of the problems that were going on before.
[/quote]

Oh, I saw them - didn’t take them as seriously, as it’s not my website, and I would have thought a less invasive approach would have worked as well. But now - I seriously have no problem with it anymore.

I was wrong - it all now makes sense. Thanks, Prof X, took me a while, but now I get it. I may even post in the Cell now. Obviously only something that belongs there - oh no, mostly I think I’ll shut up and listen.

Makkun

I like the war room (and the alpha cell too). In the War room you can talk about topics that simply get spammed by the trolls.

The M-14 vs. M-16 discussion was a good example. Good debate with like minded folks with similar interest. Do that in the off-topic section and a dozen or so trolls would chime in about gun control, foriegn policy and global warming…instead of ballistics.

Like it or not the T-Nation forums have slipped. The Alpha Cell is a pleasure to use and has gotten a lot of veterans back to posting.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
They should re-name the T-Cell Alpha to:

The T-Cell For People Who Are Serious About Bodybuilding And Actually Want To Discuss Bodybuilding Without Fucking Trolls Crowding All The Threads With Anti-Bodybuilding Posts…Fuck

Honest, this would solve a lot of the issues.[/quote]

And since I never did any of that, ‘Crowding All The Threads With Anti-Bodybuilding Posts’, they voted me out? Go figure. Its a club. Enjoy!

[quote]makkun wrote:
A bodybuilding forum that is equally accessible to everyone, and a bodybuilding forum which for the just a bit more equal posters who by some pretty random criteria (someone clicks a button) has been granted entry. No problem - anyone annoying (or pretty much anyone equally random) can be nominated for tribunal to leave, truly reality TV style.

[/quote]

“Some bodybuilders are more equal than others.”

My apologies to George Orwell.

the t-cell situation is different because it says one thing, then everyone leaves it up to interpertation, kinda how the mission statement is about “hardcore” lifters and then you have a bunch of middle aged women who look like theyre more concerened with menopause than entering a contest.[/quote]

What the fuck? I’ve never seen a single one of your posts that offers anything of value to this site, yet you have the audacity to criticize the middle aged women that workout. The worst of their posts contain more common sense than you possess.

oh snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap, he said “The worst of their posts contain more common sense than you possess.” damn thats cold blooded.

have you read all 1100+ of my posts? i mean really, go through all 1100 of my posts, im sure you aint got anything else to do since you just follow me around anyway.

before everyone and their middle aged girlfriend decided to try and fight with me over the internet i would often give advice where i could, i was active in the BBing Bunker but it seems that thread died (whodathunk?)and i set up another thread to discuss my interests in music and fashion with like minded people but it seems that thread has turned into you bitching and moaning about where i live, the music the thread is about, stock portfolios, and anything else that is void of the subject.

heres a question, what the fuck have you had to offer? it seems all you do is troll around starting shit. shouldnt you be on world of warcraft or something?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:
They should re-name the T-Cell Alpha to:

The T-Cell For People Who Are Serious About Bodybuilding And Actually Want To Discuss Bodybuilding Without Fucking Trolls Crowding All The Threads With Anti-Bodybuilding Posts…Fuck

Honest, this would solve a lot of the issues.

And since I never did any of that, ‘Crowding All The Threads With Anti-Bodybuilding Posts’, they voted me out? Go figure. Its a club. Enjoy!

[/quote]

Didn’t you promise to let it go?

lots of crap
[/quote]

DAMN you are an unlikable little shit! Watch out for karma, it’s a bitch…

i dont care if a bunch of pretenders dont like me. whats with everyone getting all offended? i guess the truth hurts. bottom line is theres a ton of people, yourself obviously included who just started getting into lifting and are more the student than the teacher. you dont have any significant muscle mass, you havent trained anyone who has significant muscle mass, why should you be included in a forum specifically designed for members who have?

i call a spade a spade. the thing i dont get is why you all want to try and take things personal with me. i havent tried to make anything personal, ive said countless times just because i dont think you belong in there doesnt mean i think less of you as a person. im not saying you shouldnt lift weights, im not saying you dont belong on this site, im just saying according to the god damn mission statement of the forum itself you dont belong there.

the forum is exactly the same as the BBing forum except theres invites. if you guys went to TC with what the idea for the T-cell as its structured now, it wouldnt have been created and not to mention no one would have supported it as they did then.

the place was cool for a couple days, the threads were good and it seemed it was a promising concept, then idk what happened. you guys want to keep your friends in there, go ahead, whatever no sense in trying to fix that now. but just do something to keep the threads on point. honestly most of them suck. a cookbook? training logs? only decent one in there right now is that Biosignature, since its pretty interesting. im just sayin, you can make up for the influx of…for lack of a better word, unworthy, by making good threads, so just work on that for now.

i dont care if a bunch of pretenders dont like me. whats with everyone getting all offended? i guess the truth hurts. bottom line is theres a ton of people, yourself obviously included who just started getting into lifting and are more the student than the teacher. you dont have any significant muscle mass, you havent trained anyone who has significant muscle mass, why should you be included in a forum specifically designed for members who have?

i call a spade a spade. the thing i dont get is why you all want to try and take things personal with me. i havent tried to make anything personal, ive said countless times just because i dont think you belong in there doesnt mean i think less of you as a person. im not saying you shouldnt lift weights, im not saying you dont belong on this site, im just saying according to the god damn mission statement of the forum itself you dont belong there.

the forum is exactly the same as the BBing forum except theres invites. if you guys went to TC with what the idea for the T-cell as its structured now, it wouldnt have been created and not to mention no one would have supported it as they did then.

the place was cool for a couple days, the threads were good and it seemed it was a promising concept, then idk what happened. you guys want to keep your friends in there, go ahead, whatever no sense in trying to fix that now. but just do something to keep the threads on point. honestly most of them suck. a cookbook? training logs? only decent one in there right now is that Biosignature, since its pretty interesting. im just sayin, you can make up for the influx of…for lack of a better word, unworthy, by making good threads, so just work on that for now.[/quote]

You’ve stated your opinion many times. Obviously, many people disagree. Why won’t you let it go? You always have to get the last word?

Obviously, since so many people disagree and plain don’t like you, there will be SOMEONE to respond to your posts. If YOU stop posting, all the nonsense is done.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
You’ve stated your opinion many times. Obviously, many people disagree. Why won’t you let it go? You always have to get the last word?

Obviously, since so many people disagree and plain don’t like you, there will be SOMEONE to respond to your posts. If YOU stop posting, all the nonsense is done. [/quote]

Because he HAS to be right. “Gangsta” boy can never be wrong.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Because he HAS to be right. “Gangsta” boy can never be wrong.[/quote]

Word.

Don’t mess with the e-gangsta!!!

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Word.

Don’t mess with the e-gangsta!!![/quote]

LOL!!!

wow. im still waiting for someone to find a post of me implying anything “gagnsta”. try harder?

i state my opinion, then im done and some cock-ass who ive never seen post before wants to chime in to keep the shit running, kinda like you.